Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Winnipeg and Manitoba Wazers unite!

Post by
Hey everyone! I have noticed quite a bit of people using waze in our fantastic province and thought I'd start a subthread here for anything relating to Waze in 'Toba!

I have created a facebook group a while ago that you are also most welcome to join:
search "winnipeg waze"

Most importantly get as involved as you can! That is the only way we will achieve critical mass here! ---Turn on waze whenever you drive, it will collect invaluable data and provide real time traffic without any effort on the users part!

-And if you see a road missing from the map record a new path, but only do so once, otherwise a million red recorded roads show up on the cartouche aka waze map editor

-Use cartouche to edit road names, geometry, and to connect the roads together which is necessary for navigation to work!

WE CAN DO IT! YOU CAN HELP!

POSTER_ID:13264

Send a message

Post by cneuf802
New wazer here. I'm from southwest manitoba and have just started some basic map editing. Lots to do out in the sticks. Hope to see some of you around on the map during my next trip to winnipeg.
cneuf802
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Hey James -- can I suggest you consult the Champs on this?

I remember reading from one of them recently that there is a HUGE penalty for *exiting* a private road -- so much that Waze won't use it in routing unless it is absolutely necessary in order to make it to the destination...
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Yeah, because it was a discussion around sentried access points and what they should be called.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Well, if it helps any, Calgary and Edmonton's LRT lines are largely in there -- if only to reduce those stupid errors from people wazing on the train...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Senpai: welcome!

The only edits that may need approval are ones to places... Any street edits that the editor let you make we're instantly approved!
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Yeah, the new App invites them to do it... I did mine because I was annoyed by the message. :)

That said, I took a photo of just the house numbers... :)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by Jamaroon
Hey all,

I figured I'd post up to say hi, I've been doing a bit of map editing for the SE part of MB lately and just requested to become an area manager for Winnipeg and parts of SE MB.
Jamaroon
Send a message

Post by Jamaroon
Oh, and James, could I make a request from you?

You have the turn restrictions incorrect and locked at the intersection of Pembina Hwy and Grandmont Blvd, just South of the South Perimeter. Could you fix those or unlock them please?

I drive by there regularily and couldn't figure out why it would be telling me to turn off of Pembina when I want to go straight.

Also, going from North bound Perimeter to West bound Roblin Blvd. there is another incorrect turn restriction that is locked.

Thanks,

Jared
Jamaroon
Send a message

Post by Jamaroon
Nope that's what I meant.

If you are going North on the West Perimeter, you take the exit to the right, then you can keep to the right to head into Charleswood, or turn left and go back over the Perimeter into Headingly.

Here's the permalink

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-97.32 ... TTTFTTTTFT
Jamaroon
Send a message

Post by Jamaroon
:lol: No problem, we all have those days.

Here's a link to the other problem I mentioned, Northbound Pembina where it intersects with Grandmont. The turn restrictions don't let you continue North, nor turn left.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-97.15 ... TTTFTTTTFT
Jamaroon
Send a message