Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Jamaroon
Thanks James, I'll for sure let you know if there's anything else I find that I can't fix myself.
Jamaroon
Send a message

Post by Jamaroon
Yeah, if you could.

I saw the notice and note of something about a gap in the road? But on the map couldn't see any problems.
Jamaroon
Send a message

Post by Jamaroon
Noticed a problem on the weekend, Waze told me to do an illegal u-turn. I can't fix it myself.

East bound Bishop Granding at Shorehill, u-turn not allowed.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-97.08 ... TTTFTTTTFT

Same thing at Island Shore

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-97.06 ... TTTFTTTTFT
Jamaroon
Send a message

Jamaroon
Send a message

Post by Jamaroon
James,

I'm curious as to why you don't have the Bus only routes connecting to other roads with proper turn restrictions since they are marked as private?

From what I've been reading, that's the recommended way, and it would reduce the amount of reported errors, while still not allowing WAZE to route commuters down those roads. Or can WAZE still route to a private road?

For the downtown bus route, the intersections have no turns allowed at all, why not allow the bus route to go straight through, but keep the intersecting roads from turning on to it?
Jamaroon
Send a message

Post by Jamaroon
I see, I was thinking private wouldn't be allowed at all.

As for Graham, I didn't mean the intersecting streets, I meant allow Graham to go straight through the intersections. For ex, Graham at Hargrave, allow Graham to continue to the next portion of Graham but not turn onto Hargrave. The turn restrictions are right for Hargrave and Donald etc. That would at least cut down on the turn restriction errors generated by Waze for that area at least.
Jamaroon
Send a message

Post by Jamaroon
The clover leaf for Northbound Pembina Hwy to Westbound South Perimeter is open again. Just an FYI for anyone high enough to re-open it for routing.
Jamaroon
Send a message

james8970
Send a message
Canada Country Manager

Post by james8970
From what I've been reading, that's the recommended way, and it would reduce the amount of reported errors, while still not allowing WAZE to route commuters down those roads. Or can WAZE still route to a private road?
You got it. Due to the significant time savings from the rapid transit line, Waze would likely route you down there when it made sense, despite it being marked as a private road. That is why I disconnected it, so I that I could remove any chance of Waze attempting to route someone down there. As far as those error message go, I quit hitting resolved. I even placed something on there telling people not to use Waze on the bus, but people still continue to do so...
For the downtown bus route, the intersections have no turns allowed at all, why not allow the bus route to go straight through, but keep the intersecting roads from turning on to it?
Take another look at it, from what I'm looking at, that's exactly how it is setup. Cars aren't supposed to travel down parts of Graham. In order to increase the penalty associated with the route, I changed the segments to private AND disabled all turns arrows applicable exclusively to the buses. The arrows are still enabled, although traffic to travel north and south bound streets that travel through Graham.

James
james8970
Send a message
Canada Country Manager

Post by james8970
Jamaroon wrote:I see, I was thinking private wouldn't be allowed at all.

As for Graham, I didn't mean the intersecting streets, I meant allow Graham to go straight through the intersections. For ex, Graham at Hargrave, allow Graham to continue to the next portion of Graham but not turn onto Hargrave. The turn restrictions are right for Hargrave and Donald etc. That would at least cut down on the turn restriction errors generated by Waze for that area at least.
Again, this comes down to the fact that I want to increase the penalty by every means possible, otherwise Waze could potentially try to route someone down Graham for one block.
I remember reading from one of them recently that there is a HUGE penalty for *exiting* a private road -- so much that Waze won't use it in routing unless it is absolutely necessary in order to make it to the destination...
Are you sure it was private roads? I was under the impression that that was the case for parking lots. Best practice is to list transit routes as private roads, which is why I never switched them to parking lot roads.

I've just been scaling back my OCD lately and quit fixing those automated error reports :lol:
James
james8970
Send a message
Last edited by james8970 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canada Country Manager