Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by SenpaiNoticeMe
Hello, I'm new to Waze and just tried some easy edits to the Winnipeg area map. Is there anyone still approving edits?
SenpaiNoticeMe
Send a message

Post by SenpaiNoticeMe
doctorkb wrote:Senpai: welcome!

The only edits that may need approval are ones to places... Any street edits that the editor let you make we're instantly approved!
That's good to hear. So who approves additions/changes to places? I added and edited some places. And I also noticed the new CMHR has a typo in the name, "Museam".
SenpaiNoticeMe
Send a message

Post by Spil
Thanks for alerting me to this thread, James. :)

It is generally NOT proper to connect any "non-drive-able" segment types to the regular traffic grid. However, this appears to be more akin to the characteristics of an HOV lane, so it would best fall under the Waze Wiki's guidelines for HOV lanes: "these lanes should be added to the map as separate roads, with the road type as Parking Lot Roads." They should also be connected to the traffic grid at the appropriate junctions (with turn restrictions set to "allowed"); since the type is PLR, they will be ignored by the routing server. The connections will prevent the creation of automatic map problems, while still making allowance for those who are unaware (or who don't care :roll: ) that they shouldn't run Waze while on public transit.
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png