Problem with directions to Fort Nelson

Post by HarryAssenbach
I've discovered a problem with getting directions to Fort Nelson. The most obvious route from various locations in northwestern Alberta and northern British Columbia involves BC Highway 97. However, Waze does not seem to recognize this.

Ask Waze for directions to Fort Nelson from any of the locations along Alberta Highway 43 and you will be directed over Highway 35 through northern Alberta, Highways 1 and 7 in the Northwest Territories, and finally approach Fort Nelson fro the north. Though this is a viable path, it is certainly not the most efficient.

Ask Waze for directions from Fort St. John to Fort Nelson and you will get an error. Yet Waze will give perfect directions if you ask the reverse question: Fort Nelson to Fort St. John. Waze also gives correct directions to Alberta locations along Highway 43.

Anyone have an idea as to what might be the problem here?
HarryAssenbach

POSTER_ID:16959015

Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Uh, is that a 300 mile segment? I believe the functional limit is around 50-75 miles... That could be a source of routing issues.

Did you happen to notice any directionality issues (ie one way when it should have been two way)?
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by HarryAssenbach
This appears to have been fixed. Directions now appear correctly. Thank-you. :)
HarryAssenbach
Send a message

Post by SkiDooGuy
I have spent the last 2 hours combing through Hwy 97 correcting and fixing all the soft turns.

I can't call exactly what might have caused it as Live map was doing all kinds of wonky stuff on me. When the maps update (hopefully tonight) I will run some more tests and try to figure out if it has been resolved or not.

Oh yea, while doing this I found the worlds longest paved road. Had to be almost 300 miles long. That guy made some crazy points.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png

Post by SkiDooGuy
I was looking, hoping really.

But everything was directionally (that's not really a word??) sound, the last person to touch almost all was you back in 2013.

I noticed that really large segment also, I will split it up a few times, couldn't remember the maximum length. I was going to when I went back through to lock 49 to 3. Was going to go and re-check alignment and intersections.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Send a message
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

https://i.ibb.co/ZNbYyt5/RIPIain.png