Issue with westbound Stoney at Deerfoot (SE Calgary)

Post by Jay91150
This is not particularly a Waze problem, but I think we can use Waze to help drivers in the area.

The aforementioned intersection was built quite stupidly, if I can say so. Here's the area in a permalink. Street View/aerial view hasn't caught up with the new development in that area, but maybe I can get a frame from my dash cam sometime soon if we deem it necessary to resolve this.

When going WB on Stoney, approaching Deerfoot, there are 4 lanes (either 3 or 4, I think 4). At the point where a driver must commit to one road or the other, Deerfoot maintains at least 3 if not 4 lanes westbound/southbound (ultimately) to the left/straight, and Stoney continues west with only 2 lanes which kind of do an S-curve to the right of and under the Deerfoot "off-ramp". It's quite common for a person not paying attention to accidentally get on SB Deerfoot when they mean to go WB on Stoney.

Could we make a short segment at the A end of the "exit" that continues on WB Stoney a ramp? Would that force an instruction of "keep right" or "exit right" to those who wish to continue on Stoney?
Jay91150

POSTER_ID:16872708

Send a message

Post by doctorkb
This looks similar to the spaghetti junction at the Anthony Henday and Hwy 2 on the south side of Edmonton.

If you add a permalink with the segments that you'd need unlocked, I'd be happy to let you play with this.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Yes, it should all be 4 (or "Automatic (4)"). That ring road is too high-value to have it or any of its ramps locked lower than 4 except for special cases when a rank 3 editor needs to make a quick change.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
These three segments are the only ones that I think would be affected, and they're all locked to 3 at this point, so I can modify them at this point.

Would you prefer all of Stoney be locked to 4? I think pretty much everything except what was in yesterday's unlock request was 3 or lower when I checked it this morning.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I've put a small ramp segment in here. Once it propagates into the app, I'll take that route and see if it does what I expect it to.

Now I'll go lock down all of Stoney.... :)
Jay91150
Send a message