Address error in Edmonton. How to fix?

Post by Grimace780
Enter 20525 96A Avenue (Edmonton) into Waze and you get taken to the intersection of 165 Street and 96A Avenue.

How does this happen?

How does one go about fixing?

I've marked a map error at 165 Street and 96A Avenue but would rather learn how to fix this myself if possible.
Grimace780

POSTER_ID:17021290

Send a message

Post by Dry_B0nes
Grimace780 wrote:Enter 20525 96A Avenue (Edmonton) into Waze and you get taken to the intersection of 165 Street and 96A Avenue.
If I'm not mistaken, the real location is roughly at this intersection?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=65079869

Yeah, that's pretty far off. I would think adding the House Number on that segment (96a Ave NW) would help, though I cannot answer as to why it is so far off mapping itself. It's only been on the map for just over a week, perhaps that's why it's still not navigating properly?

Anyone else?
Dry_B0nes
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Grimace780
Dry_B0nes: You are correct. This is the proper location. I was in there earlier today. Got the Pac-Man icon on my phone app as I went into the cul-de-sac. This means the newly paved segments are now verified by a live drive.

More houses exist today than show in the areal view. Not all the houses have numbers on them.

Today I will add details that weren't there previously like house numbers. Perhaps I'll see if I can find a neighborhood map from City of Edmonton.

This is a fairly new neighborhood. Not all the streets in the area show up in Waze. The satellite map is somewhat dated and doesn't show everything. Best way to add streets here is probably to pave them from the phone app then go in and clean up. I can do some of this as I'm near this area a couple times a month.
Grimace780
Send a message