Calgary Interchange Construction - Flanders Interchange

Post by Dry_B0nes
Calgary is implementing a new interchange at the intersection of Flanders ave and Crowchild Trail. The existing bridge has been torn down and a number of roads in the area are being removed to make way for the new bridge and collection of roundabouts that will support it.

Interchange Project Site

A number of road closures have already been added on either side of the bridge:

However, many more are needed (the actual bridge has been torn down, but it's still possible for Waze to route drivers over it, from the south west side to the north east side due to the existing closures.) I wrote up a road closure for the bridge and adjacent west-side roads, but was looking for some guidance now. Specifically, how should this project be addressed?

The existing bridge is gone, and all existing traffic information would seem to no longer be applicable. The new construction includes roundabouts at either end of the bridge. Massive reworking of the roads will be required when the project is done, and most of the roads in the immediate vicinity will changed, (read removed completely and replaced with shiny new ones...) Should the impacted roads be left on the map and added to the mix of new bridge and roundabouts, or removed and re-created when the new real roads are in place?

Part of this is curiosity - I'm not sure what the editor process is for a project like this, but mostly I'd love to participate in it. :) The major roads are locked to L4, and I'm not sure what the protocol is for major construction projects - who normally addresses it, what level editors are involved, when the roads are re-worked....

Thanks!

Bones.
Dry_B0nes
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:17113217

Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I've added some closures to the bridge itself and the ramps in the area except the ramps that serve other segments. Let me know if there's still anything that needs to be addressed.

I'm loath to delete any road segments outright - I've always been told that doing so will eliminate the historical data embedded within the segment. I see your point about the drastic changes that this area will undertake, so maybe some or most of the segments will be removed anyway by the time this is over. However, until told to do otherwise, I figure it's better to preserve the data we have.

Anyone else got any input on this topic?
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by qazxcvbnmm
Not advocating deleting road segments, but at the Canada Meetup they said that the historical speed data only lasts 3 weeks.
qazxcvbnmm
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c5.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/s0100.png
qazxcvbnmm - Markham, Ontario, Canada - Country Manager