Back alleys in Calgary

Post by Grimace780
It appears someone has gone ahead and added a bunch of back alleys in Calgary.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... ueFilter=0

There are instructions both in the forum and the Wiki specifically indicating that alleys should NOT be mapped except in rare circumstances.

Looking for feedback from a higher level editor: What do you recommend we do here? Remove said alleys and purge unneeded junctions left behind?
Grimace780

POSTER_ID:17021290

Send a message

Post by dbo-1973
I added a back road in my neighborhood a few days ago - luckily I read the wiki shortly after (a few hours) and deleted it again (Haysboro) - I know, I should have read the wiki first :-( but at least I was able to correct the mistake myself...
dbo-1973
Send a message

Post by Dry_B0nes
I noticed these earlier today, and have PM'd the editor who added them. I wish we'd noticed earlier, some of them are almost two weeks old. The only way I'm aware of is manual selection and deletion, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone had written a script to automate it in some fashion. To avoid removing anything important though, I'll stick to manual. :)
Dry_B0nes
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Grimace780
The only way I'm aware is to select multiple segments then the trash can. Then clean up any unneeded junctions left behind. Just be very careful when deleting multiple segments.

One danger with any tool is the risk of deleting stuff that shouldn't be deleted such as legitimate parking lots and/or other roads.
Grimace780
Send a message

Post by Tangroo
This is extremely annoying. It does nothing to improve navigation, and clutters up the map significantly.

Is there a way that these can all be undone easily, or should we all start deleting them?
Tangroo
Send a message