Level4→L2 Unlock: Ontario - Vaughan  Topic is solved

1. Include the city and province in the "Subject:" line of your post.
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated.
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Moderators: hmarian, doctorkb, Kayos_On_The_Road, manoeuvre, Taxy57, Canada Champs

Forum rules
Instructions for posting (click here)

1. Include the city and province in the "Subject:" line of your post.
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated.
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Level4→L2 Unlock: Ontario - Vaughan

Postby Allliek » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:23 pm

Hi there,

I would like to apologize for the incomplete edits, I just saw the comment by e-sarge to post the unlock request here instead of as comment on WME.

Unlock to level: 2
Reason:
I was working on the roads near Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital (North of Canada's Wonderland) as the hospital and its surrounding roads have completed construction and open to public for COVID-19 patients and vaccination clinic. I need to connect the intersection and also rename a part of Wellness Way as Vaughan Healthcare Cir as it has been renamed.

The satellite image is outdated on Waze (and by extension Google Maps), I was not able to retrieve any satellite images that reflect the current state. However, the most recent one I can get is here. As for road names and speed limits, I did not see them when I drove there and I couldn't confirm in person again since I live hours away and does not travel there at all. I digged up the city and hospital construction plans but I am unable to find the street names as well. Again I would like to apologize for the incomplete edits, and I will complete them when the unlock request is granted, but I would need local editors' help on the street names.

L4 -> L2 Major MacKenzie Dr W
L4 -> L2 Wellness Way
L4 -> L2 Frederick Banting St

EDIT: I changed the roads without name to PLRs as I am unsure whether they have a street name or they are municipal roads, since those roads are not in the original city plan (Vaughan Healthcare Centre Precinct) and this document seems to indicate that those roads are maintained by the hospital rather than the City of Vaughan.
Allliek

Re: Level4→L2 Unlock: Ontario - Vaughan

Postby Allliek » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 pm

GregVA3MGR wrote:Hi,

Copying information from other sources is not allowed in the Waze Editor. Unfortunately, I will not be able to unlock this area for you. I will check with other editors to see if there is anyone who can verify the information in person, otherwise, this information will need to be reverted.

I had driven to the area last week and I am just citing those information as additional sources for reference and replying to this comment. However it would be awesome if a local editor who can verify the speed limits as I am unable to get that information last time I drove there.
Allliek

Postby Allliek » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:50 pm

Did you physically drive on these roads that you then added to the map from memory?

With the exception of PLRs within the parking lots (not including this parking lot since I parked there), yes I add them from memory with the aid of overlaying the satellite map to ensure that they are aligned. As for the other parking lots in that exception, I drove by them but I didn't get into those lots, so I used the information and map from the hospital website to create the PLRs and the parking lot place.
Allliek

Postby Allliek » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:12 pm

GregVA3MGR wrote:Hi, that satellite map is owned by Apple Maps you can't copy from sources like this to update the Waze Map.

In that case then what is the best approach to map those roads? As you mentioned, the satellite map is owned by Apple and government and hospital documents I provided can't be used because information from other sources are not allowed. Paving is currently not an option for me since I don't live in the area and I was only there for that one occasion. Would it be possible to contact local editors to see if they can check in person?
Allliek

Postby Allliek » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:07 pm

Unfortunately as these sources were used we are going to have to revert your edits. We have to treat this quite seriously as copying information like this could lead to the entire Canadian Waze map being wiped.

That is unfortunate but understandable. Thanks for your time and the explanation!
How about splitting Wellness Way into two segments then? As the horizontal street is Vaughan Healthcare Circle instead of Wellness Way.
Allliek

Postby GregVA3MGR » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi,

Copying information from other sources is not allowed in the Waze Editor. Unfortunately, I will not be able to unlock this area for you. I will check with other editors to see if there is anyone who can verify the information in person, otherwise, this information will need to be reverted.
GregVA3MGR

Postby GregVA3MGR » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:57 pm

Hi,

Did you physically drive on these roads that you then added to the map from memory?
GregVA3MGR

Postby GregVA3MGR » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:02 pm

Hi, that satellite map is owned by Apple Maps you can't copy from sources like this to update the Waze Map.
GregVA3MGR

Re: Level4→L2 Unlock: Ontario - Vaughan  Topic is solved

Postby GregVA3MGR » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:04 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately as these sources were used we are going to have to revert your edits. We have to treat this quite seriously as copying information like this could lead to the entire Canadian Waze map being wiped.
GregVA3MGR

Return to CAN Unlock and Update Requests