Southren Utah

Post by Helpbago
So I'm a local commercial driver for a large company in Southern Utah. I mostly do night jobs, and a lot of new construction and new developments. Would it be a good idea to run Waze and build the new roads as I'm driving and added the new businesses?
Helpbago

POSTER_ID:17564955

Send a message

Post by herrchin
In short, yes!

Long answer: All help is appreciated! I'll warn that the paving feature in the app can be a little inexact. A map editor will also need to follow-up to clean, name, and attach the paved segments to make them functional. Your eyes at the ground level are incredibly valuable, more so than going through the work to pave inside the Waze app. The top post in the Utah forum contains a link to our Discord chat server, which I strongly encourage you to join. That'll get you directly connected in real-time with all the Utah Waze map editors, myself included.

We have some map overlays which often let us easily draw new roads exactly where they need to be, but the missing piece of information is knowing when new roads have actually been paved, to prompt us to work in a specific map area. Satellite imagery is only updated a few times a year, in the very best of cases. Sometimes it can be years before a new satellite update for a given area. That said, you paving the roads in the Waze app is a visual clue that updates are needed, new paves pop up bright and red, and if combined with a quick text note from you that there are new paved roads somewhere, will result in fast follow-up.

Adding Places is definitely valuable, especially since the photo aspect can only be added locally; photos can not be attached from the web-based map editor.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message