Calling All Utah Editors

Post by Daknife
As of late I've been in contact with several fellow editors more and more often via PM's I feel the frequency of PM's is high enough to warrant our own sub-forum.

Let's start talking, planning and coordinating.

Topics for discussion
Areas that need special attention
Landmarks
Naming conventions
Working to get newer editors to work with us rather than trying to do their own thing.
Daknife

POSTER_ID:4742480

Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by AndyPoms
The answer you seek is in the US News and Announcements sub forum.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Daknife
To become an Area Manager just fill out this form and you should quickly be granted AM status (which is level 3 editing rank). The 100k edit mark is for level 4 as a quasi CM status. 200k is Country Manager giving you nationwide rights.

Other than that the response Jemay sent you in the PM should help.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
The creation of which forum was not widely announced.
Daknife
Send a message
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by heatham
Is it possible to increase my map editing level to 2 miles? I'm also interested in becoming an Area Manager to obtain more access to the maps.

Some of my reasons:

1. I don't drive much beyond my routine to work and back home.
2. After several weeks of searching the map, almost all of the map that is viewable to me has been properly edited.
3. I love maps and cartography.
4. I would like to gain more points by editing the maps, but apparently I must somehow find another 95,000 map edits before I can get to Level 3 map editor (to meet the required 100,000 map edits). I currently have some 51,000 points, so I can't compare to your level or the amount of points you earn every week but I'd like to contribute more.

Thank you for your assistance with this request.
Regards,
Alan
heatham
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by herrchin
You should see speed limits go active in Utah in a day or two from now! :D If you see an incorrect one while you're driving, please do report it using the app. Note that changes in speed limit often lag about 2-3 seconds behind in the app, even if they're in the correct location in the map data.

Anything you notice in Utah that you think might be wrong -- not just limited to speed limits -- please report using the app and the volunteer team will investigate. And if you feel like dabbling in editing the map directly, let us know. The UT editors coordinate using a Google Hangout.
herrchin
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Josephaw
While trying to expand my area, I got the following message:
Hi Josephaw,

We started working with a new permission system in different countries around the world, USA among them.

This new permission system allows local communities to distribute their areas between the editors and work together as a team.

The community-leaders are veteran and experienced users who handle the distribution in coordination with the Waze team.

Please contact your local forum for further information:

USA

Regards,

Adar
Any ideas as to how this new system is going to work? To whom do I need to talk with to increase my area, especially when my cell service cuts out as it often does in rural areas? I'll be checking out the overall USA forum for more info, but if anyone knows anything, I'd love some help. Thanks!
Josephaw
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Happy Keeping Happy Valley Happy!

AM Central Utah

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/25/Waze_signature_200k_3c.png

ZTE Concord II w/ T-Mobile

Helpful Links: Utah Forum, Utah Landmark Guidelines, Best Editing Practices

Post by Josephaw
Actually, I found the following info, which I think will help us all:
United States Area Manager Application
by AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:43 am

United States Area Manager Application

An Area Manager (AM) is a Waze community member (a user) who takes an active and proactive role in maintaining specific areas of the Waze map. An Area Manager has a defined area to manage, which is different than being able to edit only within a certain distance of where you have driven. AM areas are geographically-defined locations which do not expire automatically after 90 days. How deeply involved and how much time an Area Manager spends maintaining the Waze map varies greatly.

Prospective Area Managers should already...
...have at least a few months of experience editing the Waze maps regularly.
...have read and followed the guidelines for mapping found in the wiki, starting at the Waze Map Editing page.
...have their state, country in their forum profile
...be active in the Waze forums, asking questions, and even providing guidance for newer editors, if possible.
...know who their regional manager is.

Duties of an Area Manager include, but are not necessarily limited to:
Seek to continuously improve the maps for navigation, i.e. naming un-named roads and properly setting allowed/restricted turns based on guidelines found in the wiki, such as Best Map Editing Practice.
Make changes to the map when road geometry needs to be changed, or roads added or removed from the map.
Edit road construction areas, especially for closures, so that users are not routed into those areas.
Respond to and act on Update Requests from Waze drivers.
Maintain speed and red-light cameras, processing reports of devices from Waze drivers.
Process and resolve Map Errors or Problems as shown on that layer in the Waze Map Editor.
Act as a mentor to other editors, offering advice in the forums and when you see improper edits on the map.

If you would like to become a US Area Manager, or expand your existing area, please complete the Application for US Area Manager.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Champs

Here is a working version of the Area manager's link mentioned above:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NWI9Vx ... c/viewform

I hope that this will help others who are looking to help Waze grow :)
Josephaw
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Happy Keeping Happy Valley Happy!

AM Central Utah

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/25/Waze_signature_200k_3c.png

ZTE Concord II w/ T-Mobile

Helpful Links: Utah Forum, Utah Landmark Guidelines, Best Editing Practices

Post by Mcnella
Hi, I drive from So. Cal to Idaho about 4 times a year. WAZE is my lifesaver! I noticed that CA & NV editors have added the speed limit. My youngest daughter will start college at BYU in August 2016. Therefore, I will be driving to Utah more often. Please let me know if I can help. :D
Mcnella
Send a message