County/State Field for China

Post by leocylau
I know UK has County field now. When will China have it too?
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3

POSTER_ID:524814

Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by ericlsim
what is it?
ericlsim
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ericlsim
I love this idea! they should put more field for china, 省Province->市City->区District->镇Town->村Village, and one more field for special area, such as airport, harbour, park, and etc...
ericlsim
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ericlsim
leocylau wrote:
ericlsim wrote:I love this idea! they should put more field for china, 省Province->市City->区District->镇Town->村Village, and one more field for special area, such as airport, harbour, park, and etc...
hahaha...you know what? We requested 'State/County' field nearly 5 years ago (IIRC) and just have it. If you request 省Province->市City->区District->镇Town->村Village, here is 5 fields. It means 5(field)x5(year)=15 years. Can we wait that long? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hahaha 5x5=15, what's wrong with you? :mrgreen:

since they have worked out the way to put a new field, i believe they could quicken the pace in the same way, it depends on how serious they want to take.

furthermore, there are a lot of problems not solved yet, so, wait.
ericlsim
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by javiercr75
MapSir wrote:Hi Guys!

Got your PM.

We are launching the State feature one country at a time, it's a long and heavy process that will take some time.
China is currently planned further down the road but hopefully this year.

Other sections like region and province are also planned in the future, can't say when exactly.

Thanks!
Thank you Irad, I´m waiting on you say
:)
javiercr75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by ktheyes
Haha, the village is not necessary, it is too small, and it's not even an administrative level in China. But the naming system in Chinese map is still not correct, the lowest level is county, editors cannot edit towns, which are very important settlements for cities and counties. we need more tiers for settlements naming system.
ktheyes
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Le_Mig603
Hello, We're starting in on the Mega Map Raid - China in less than 21 hours and after some discussion on Slack was directed to this forum for answers. I've submitted a proposal to another forum thread more specifically addressing the question of city layer naming in China and would like everyone's feedback there concerning what raiders should try to do prior to an actual Province field existing for China. I'm proposing a 2-name city layer across the board but employing different schemes depending on the situation.

When China finally gains a Province field in Waze, then 90% of the work will already be done if my plan is approved by the community and Raid Organizers. Otherwise, 90% of all the work we do will not be done and likely require unlocks for basic Wazers to fix anything. My idea is always to do something the best way possible the first time. Especially in a very complicated system like exists in China.

Please direct your thoughts concerning my plan to the other forum thread, but feel free to continue your general discussion on obtaining a Province field of China in this thread. I want to direct as much attention as possible to the discussion to arrive at a conclusion asap, but I don't mean to hijack this thread's original topic.

Thanks,

-Le_Mig402
Le_Mig603
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c2s.pnghttps://wiki.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/RobotAv.pnghttps://wiki.waze.com/wiki/images/3/35/WazeKnight.pnghttps://j.mp/1xPiWC8
SILVER medal at MR-Philly! - Currently a mentee making basic edits to SW & Central NH (primarily), SE VT, parts of MA, Portland ME, and NE Philly

Post by leocylau
In US, they have 'State' for road segments. We just have it in the UK this week but it's called 'County' instead. To translate it, maybe it's called '县' or '省' ?
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Post by leocylau
ericlsim wrote:I love this idea! they should put more field for china, 省Province->市City->区District->镇Town->村Village, and one more field for special area, such as airport, harbour, park, and etc...
hahaha...you know what? We requested 'State/County' field nearly 5 years ago (IIRC) and just have it. If you request 省Province->市City->区District->镇Town->村Village, here is 5 fields. It means 5(field)x5(year)=15 years. Can we wait that long? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

Post by leocylau
:oops: :oops: :oops: hmmm...what wrong with me??? hehehe...it was typo rather than I didn't know how to do times table :mrgreen:

I'll forward this thread to Waze to answer.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum