Post by Borden_y
Let me summarize this.

This dude, shmupi, came to question me: Why did you do that? with anger, like a policeman. I explained to him, in detail, with patience.

Then I asked: Why couldn't I do that? unexpectedly, I didn't get my answer, I did get my question deleted.

I didn't spam, abuse, talk dirty, nor bully anyone, I was just asking my question, but I got my post deleted, silently.

What I learn is, I'm not allow to delete anything created by myself in Waze, but you guys can delete my post here as your wish.

But that's alright, no biggie. I live behind the GFW, shit like this happens everyday here, I'm fully aware of what people are capable of online.

I'm just curious is this what you called community? is this what you said to make discussions public? to work together to achieve great goals? you guys are funny.
Borden_y
Send a message

Post by Borden_y
enhket wrote:Based in the forum's and Waze's ToS: we are allowed to remove your post if we consider that it is not helping in any way to the topic's aim.
We all know that's not the reason, be honest, please.
Borden_y
Send a message

Post by enhket
Borden_y wrote:I'd like to help to abort your mission, cause your "mission" won't improve your services "there", not at all. Why? because you and the users you work with, none of you are Chinese, you know nothing about "there", how can you decide anything for us?

Besides, the massive cities name alteration days before, was pretty rude, and thoughtless. there's rejections immediately here in this board, but I figure you didn't know cause you cannot read those Chinese threads. You may publish some naming guide for China, but you should not alter the map directly, that's countless hours of many local editors' work, shouldn't you have some respect for that? If you want to do this, why not you simply plot the whole China map? I really wish you can rollback those alterations.
I am sure they werent trying to be irrespectful. Also, i dont think that it would be too hard to modify back what was changed. The important thing here is you guys need a lot of workforce and if we can work together in a plan, then we can achieve great goals for the good of the Chinese Community in Waze. Moreover, you could define the city names based in decisions with the chinese-speaking waze users and then we could help with it. Something like that.

In my opinion, i agree with you. If Waze was a Chinese company, and my country cities were translated to some chinese version of my language, i would be pissed.

Take it easy ;)
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by enhket
Totally!

Maybe Leo can start that thread? ;)

Burden, accept our apologies if you didn't feel treated in a proper way. Let's move on, let that issue go, and work together. what do you say?
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by enhket
Look, we have been too nice with you until now, i have at least. However, we aren't asking for your permission if that is what you are wondering. If you wanna help and keep supporting waze, we will be happy to have you along. Otherwise, if you decide to delete roads, edited by yourself or not, we will remove your permissions from the map and whatever account that you create after that. For some reason, you think that it will take us a long time to map what you did and you are wrong, we could create the base structure for China with 20-30 L6s in 2 months (maybe 1).

We have nothing to worry here, but we will protect what is on the map right now and the community. There won't be whatsover more pain than love.

As this is a thread to know who is really willing to help and join us, we will lead the discussion to that only, so if got nothing good to say, save it for yourself, please.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by enhket
If you need something answered different to Waze, please use PM. We won't have a gunfight here.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by enhket
No, it was you and another guy (ktheyes). We admitted our mistake and asked you to let it go, and unlike the second guy, all you have done on the 5 pages of this thread is to start drama. You ask for respect, but you don't offer it. As said above, once you edit something on the map, it belongs to Waze, which means it is not yours anymore. Your post was deleted because i posted that we would focus on the reason being of this thread, and it is getting the chinese community to grow. If you don't believe that it can be achieved, then fine, don't keep editing if you don't want to.

Again, if you wanna join us in this adventure, help and post new ideas about this project, then you are welcome. Otherwise, PM the person who you need a question answered of, because this thread wasn't started to have or expand any drama and it looks like you are the only one interested on that.

Let's keep the thread on-topic. Based in the forum's and Waze's ToS: we are allowed to remove your post if we consider that it is not helping in any way to the topic's aim.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Christopher C. Enhket

Post by javiercr75
Hi Irad,
I am Area Manager in China too, thank you for your post here, I think like you that is very important to decide on a format for naming the cities and roads. And find ways to do it known to local editors to motivate their work for the good of the Chinese community.
China is a wonderfull country and I wish to contribute in the development of Waze there.
javiercr75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by javiercr75
Yeap. We are all volunteers here and enjoy to help in the community ;)
Then, Let's get on with it!
javiercr75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by javiercr75
Wow Irad,
A lot of job is waiting for us. Let's go ahead.
Thanks
javiercr75
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message