Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:43 am

SocalToe wrote:Just installed, subscribing to thread...........

There's a button for that, no need to clutter this thread.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby floppyrod84 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 am

dmcconachie wrote:
xteejx wrote:UK English is STILL not the default language setting for the UK. We are not American, we speak proper English!

Bizarrely that setting did get retained for me?!

I always do a fresh install but it should still be the default.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby stuffhappens » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 pm

dmcconachie wrote:Miles vs KM setting. Still!

via tapatalk

Ha! Beat me to it.

Perlin, it really is time to get the fundamentals right before adding any more social bloat.

The main menus/icons presentation also needs a complete rethink as they're not looking good aesthetically or functionally.

Edit: A fuel delivery tanker broke down on the road ahead of me today, blocking one of two lanes and causing a major traffic jam. The closest report for this is still 'on shoulder...car stopped'. Please at least change this to 'vehicle stopped' as suggested a long time ago. A better idea would be to replace 'on road...roadkill' with 'lane blocked' and let people use 'object on road' for roadkill.

OK - while I'm here then...

It would be great if the map's road speed and incident indicators had a direction indicator on them so it's easy to tell whether they affect the road ahead of me or are on 'the other side'.

When navigating a route (to, say home), a bar appears on the summary highlighting any slow/problem areas along the way. It would be great if there was a similar vertical bar (optional) on the side of the live display highlighting any problem spots - mock up below:

[ img ]
Last edited by stuffhappens on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
stuffhappens

Postby deeggo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 pm

After first start, gas station and prices options menu is missing, like in previous beta. Only appears after second start.

olestas wrote:2. After receiving gas station/any other category results and showing them on map, if I tap any result icon and then tap on map, all result disappear. After rotating phone they appear again. But disappear again if I tap any other result.

^^ this indeed.

Volume buttons change ringtone volume instead of media volume, while in main menu.

In landscape, the Wazer on map popup bubbles float out of the screen 99% of time, so it takes a lot of scrolling effort to just see who's around you. But since this hasn't improved and you're not mentioning it, I guess this behaviour doesn't bother you that much. Still hoping though that you'll make it float to the center.

Some other oldies:
- road event popup overlaps the map showing the situation in landscape, so it's virtually useless.
- first automatic road event popup shows the users own location instead of the location of the event
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby nswint » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:26 am

Anyone use Google Voice as their default SMS application experiencing the SMS Message Body not being passed to Google Voice? It works using the default Messaging App. Something might be off with the sms intent being used.

Google Voice
Screenshot_2012-11-25-22-21-10.png
Google Voice
(36.91 KiB) Downloaded 2113 times

Messaging App
Screenshot_2012-11-25-22-21-21.png
Messaging App
(57.27 KiB) Downloaded 2112 times
nswint

Postby floppyrod84 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:23 am

Its a known issue as stated previously. Please use the search. You cannot report for the other side of the road on split roads. Includes interstates, motorways, dual carriageways etc.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby par129 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 pm

darkneon wrote:
par129 wrote:darkneon - Waze appears to continue to misbehave in the current version, as it has in the past. This appears to be a significant bug that affects many, so I hope Waze fixes it soon.

Well the places where I had it happen it's fixed, maybe it's just the lack of gps points ? Where does it happen for you?

darkneon –It happens everywhere I travel like on the link below. This is what I see:
I drop a “Police” on “Other Lane” while traveling South on Rt-I76 then I go back and look at the Police Pin and it states "Police Rt-I76 S". I believe it should state “Police Rt-I76 N”. Am I missing something?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-75.53 ... s=66867597
par129

Postby Swiiney » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 pm

perlin wrote:
swiiney wrote:Hi,

mochrul wrote:3. facebook connection isn't established correctly (no friend appear)

On my side I have never seen friends on Waze.
When watching my dashboard on waze web site I have 3 friends coming from Facebook.
When watching friends on Waze application on my phone (Xperia P with Android 2.3) I see no friend at all !!

I tried to disconnect/reconnect to Facebook. Nothing changed. Still no friend...

Regards
Swiiney

What do you see when you go to "Friends" menu? Can you provide a screenshot?

I changed the scope of privacy and now I see my friends. I changed from the more restrictive level "Mes amis proches uniquement" to "Mes amis de Facebook" and now I see my friends !
Sorry for the wrong report but I didn't find intuitive the choice...

Thanks
Swiiney

Postby Gluek » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Release 3.5.1.4 from Play Market still crashes when trying to open my point or coupons. Logs just sent.
Gluek

Postby pvaladares » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Just found a text that is correctly displayed in thr iOS version but not in the Android.
'Refresh map of my area' is shown in the Android although the translation for PT exists and is correctly shown in iOS.
pvaladares

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing