iOS Beta 3.4.99.11 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.11 Feedback thread

Postby gettingthere » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:16 pm

jasonh300 wrote:I looked again Friday just to make sure they hadn't put some ridiculous sale on the 4 or 4S. They didn't. If I'm going to spend more than $50 on a phone, it's going to be a 32 GB iPhone 5. And I'm not willing to spend the $649 they're asking for it. So I'll just have to wait another 5 months (I think) for a subsidized upgrade, at which point, it'll probably cost $449.

Drifting further off-topic - sorry.

On AT&T dial *NEW# (*639#) on your phone. You will get a free text message with your subsidized upgrade eligibility date. As sketch says, iPhone 5 2-year contract pricing is $299 for the 32Gb. $199 for 16GB, $399 for 64GB.

After a few days with the iPhone 5 I would never go back to the iPhone 4. Although the 4S is likely OK, IMO it's worth the extra cost for the very fast iPhone 5 with the larger screen, 4G LTE screaming fast cellular data and many other upgraded features. You are not buying a simple cell phone phone, it's a pocket sized computer. Think about it like this, $100 extra for iPhone 5 vs. 4S which equates to $4.16 per month over the 2 year contract to have a newer, faster, better iPhone.
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, Waze 4.4
Waze - PLEASE ADD CARPLAY SUPPORT
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.11 Feedback thread

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:51 pm

sketch wrote:The 32gb is $299 on new contract. They'll have a 4S for $99 and an iPhone 4 for free; I think both are 8gb (which isn't nearly enough!)

I'll go ahead and spend the $299 when it's available then I guess. My 3GS is an 8GB and it's been fine, since I don't store music or videos on it, but I can't even upgrade the iOS (which would probably slow it down even more if I made the room).
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing