iOS Beta 3.4.99.11 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.11 Feedback thread

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:19 pm

macneo wrote:
perlin wrote:
tedev wrote:When I tap another user's icon, the information about him is displayed outside the screen, if his icon is near the top of the screen.

You can pan the map to have the user's details centered.
That's not a safe solution. If I tap on a user it's because I want to quickly check his/her name (like it did before this beta), I don't want to get distracted by scrolling/zooming-out trying to manually center the info box on the screen. I feel it takes too much time and attention.

Could it not just post the info bubble underneath (or to the left right) instead of on top?
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 11.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • English (UK) Localisation Co-ordinator
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:18 pm

robin1979 wrote:2. Version is slow/unresponsive. Example: freezes for more than a minute after calculating a long route (1000+kms).
4. App crashes a lot (same as in 3.1.x++), bazillion log files have been sent:

Weird, on my iPhone 4S it is silky smooth and the most stable Waze beta I've ever tried. I've now covered 300 miles / 6 hours on it without a single crash or freeze.

What iDevice are you using?
Level 6 Editor • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • English (UK) Localisation Co-ordinator
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:03 pm

OK, here's my initial report:

First the Bad:
1. Why on earth is "Prefer Goodie Munching" still there, we've been promised it's removal for a long, long time!

2. Reporting Petrol Prices still results in a price of xxx.8 when xxx.9 was entered, again it was promised to be fixed for the next version. The v3.2 flagship feature is pretty useless as I'm unable to enter correct prices most of the time. Until this is fixed I refuse to promote it!
IMG_1295.PNG
IMG_1295.PNG (21.73 KiB) Viewed 1039 times

3. Whilst the v3.0 landscape mode was a backwards step for the amount of usable map on screen v3.5 is a downright disaster!
Standard Navigation View:
IMG_1294.PNG
IMG_1294.PNG (67.83 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

When the parking "Menu" pops up (How do we get this and get rid of it?):
IMG_1301.PNG
IMG_1301.PNG (71.39 KiB) Viewed 1039 times

When a speed camera pops up there's nothing left. I didn't manage to get a screenshot but I'll get one tomorrow and post here!

4. Foursquare is gone from the report menu. I'll miss it :cry:

5. TTS doesn't work very well, I'm sure it will settle down but it should work out of the box!

6. I presume that some of the new mood icons are not finished as there are duplicates: Also the translations files will need an extra line adding for the baby Wazer mood. For UK English we need to add "wazer_baby=Baby Wazer". While we are talking about moods, please, please, please can we have a singing or listening to music mood again?
IMG_1305.PNG
IMG_1305.PNG (26.84 KiB) Viewed 1040 times

Now the good:
1. Parking! I can both state I'm parked (I'm not sure if this suppresses traffic reports) and [P] is displayed on the map where there are car parks. Where Waze gets this info from I don't know as that part of the map does not have any parking lot landmarks or roads.
IMG_1299.PNG
IMG_1299.PNG (54.76 KiB) Viewed 1039 times

2. Facebook stuff. Not really able to explore this yet till some of the other UK Beta testers have got this but looks interesting. I also like the ability to PM a user from in the client.
IMG_1304.PNG
IMG_1304.PNG (51.87 KiB) Viewed 1039 times

3. More menu icons in landscape mode in client. Finally the report petrol button is on the first screen of the report menu!

Will play some more tomorrow
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:16 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jjwertz wrote:Could someone please help I can't download the update and I think I'm registered. If I get the email I do t see why it shouldn't download. PLEASE HELP!!!!

No one at Waze can help you at this time. It's nighttime. Just be patient and a community member may be able to help.

Did you install Test Flight or are you trying to install directly from an email link?

I had to have 7 or 8 tries before it installed just keep trying ... eventually it will work.
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby chrysrobyn » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am

I'm not a beta user, but I have a question for those who are:

Does the "[P] You parked here >" icon need parking lot roads to snap to in order to be useful? (Dave2084 had a screenshot.) I saw discussion of being able to fix the snapping (perlin), but it seems to me that having the individual isles mapped out would make this feature more useful. If the isles aren't mapped out, and if the snapping is fixed, the icon will hover in meaningless space. That's no way to meet up with friends at the mall or movie theater (I assume that's the intent?).

If that's the goal, we'll need to modify the wiki and get working on that. It won't be quick mapping out parking lots. Personally, I think it's worth it. I find myself in strange cities from time to time, in large parking lots I have little idea how to navigate, so if Waze could help me there too, I'd appreciate it.
chrysrobyn
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby banished » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Sound -> TTS navigation guidance is behaving as though it is Minimal (directions only with themes) mode, even though Full navigation is selected.
GC, New England ARC, Veteran, CISSP, MCP
banished
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby alonso1978 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 pm

I cant get the Foursquare connection to work, everytime I open the social settings and try to connect to Foursquare seems like Waze crashes and sends me back to map; very frustrating.

Also it sends logs constantly because of this.
alonso1978

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:15 am

I got the "double login" issues a while back when I would force turn off data on the phone and then turn it back on after 10-15 minutes.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.2.1 | Waze v4.19.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:05 pm

I'll wait for the next beta again now. Feedback given. Reverted to store version.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:41 pm

WeeeZer14 wrote:I posted this over on the Android thread in response to Spill...

You may be on to something. I know that in the current iPhone app store release, if you bring up the nav list the future directions are often missing their names. If you close the nav list and then bring it back up right away, then they appear. Also, the on screen next turn directions sometimes pop up as "..." for the name for a few seconds. So maybe there is a similar issue going on where the client is not fetching future information far enough in advance.

And since TTS and navlist are related in some manner, this may be why we are also not getting reliable TTS. I get a proper TTS prompt about 10% of the time. I think it's very odd this is a client-side issue. Why would something with TTS change? Was there something wrong?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing