iOS Beta 3.4.99.11 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.11 Feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Please remove the Camera button. At the very least, program it in as a Map Issue report type. It is abused and rarely used to report an actual camera of any proper type.

My personal thought is that it would be useful to remove the Paving function. It is extremely buggy, at least on the app side, often not drawing the road but the wazer and map jump around, paved roads often don't make it to the map editor at all.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.11 Feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Initial feedback on install/startup: this version, like every version before, will fail miserably at navigation instructions if the language download is interrupted at all. Just transitioning from wifi to 3G is enough to require a complete reinstall of the app. Today, I drove to work hearing a mishmash of proper TTS, proper turn instructions, and turn instructions with no distance being voiced. It would happen that 1 mile from the next turn, Waze would just say, "Turn left" because the language prompt for the words "In one mile" are missing. You really, really need to ensure that the language prompts are downloaded properly and fully and if there is a failure, then it must be retried. If this was my first time using Waze, it would be my last because it performed terribly.

Add a stop feature: when I was within a 1/4 mi of my Stop point in the route, the main menu reverted back to "Add a stop" instead of "Cancel stop" even though the route overview still showed I had some distance to go, and several turns before reaching my stop point. Is this on purpose? To allow making a new stop point before actually arriving?

For all "Waze" reports of traffic slowdowns, remove the Comment and Thanks buttons. They serve no purpose.

The route overview screen which comes up when tapping on the ETA display has no information in it except the destination and ETA/distance. It is a HUGE window with almost nothing inside it. Is the plan to have other things here? If not, make it smaller.

Parking spot locator: Waze sets this to the spot on the nearest segment, which is useless. You must set this to the actual GPS location of the parking spot. (Unless the plan is that you now want us to map every single parking lot aisle. You need to give us the guidance on this.) As it is now, if I park in the middle of a lot and the nearest mapped parking lot road (under current mapping guidelines) is 500ft away, the Parking location pin isn't useful at all.

Download of route: 10 minutes into my route and Waze still hadn't downloaded the turns for my 35 minute commute trip. The navigation list only showed the next turn 2.7 miles away. The rest of the list had the turns and distance but no street names. Cache the entire damn route right away regardless of distance. Our phones and data plans can handle the data transfer!
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing