Android beta 3.4.99.106 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.106 Feedback thread

Postby zCougar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm

My feedback regarding the most annoying bugs
  • The wazer info popup will not be visible if the wazer is not at the bottom of the map
  • The "back" button does not close popups any more. It is much harder to touch "X" in every popup which is in different location than "back" button.
  • Regarding the last one, the "Not there" button in speed camera popup is so big that I have multiple times accidentally pressed that one :-(
  • It is possible to mark car parked (with "P" icon) only when reaching destination ie. only with navigation.
  • Duplicate "Pave" tab in "Map issue" report menu.
  • The last one makes the map issue type list very narrow in landscape mode (only two line visible). Would be great to redesign it it avoid scrolling which is very uncomfortable during drive.
  • When adding comment to the report the "Done" button does not work (old issue). You need to close onscreen keyboard with "back" button and then small "Done" or "enter" which is smaller than "Done" button itself.
  • In Landscape mode there are a lot of unused room on top bar where next turn and street name is shown. I suggest to use it for alternative names. These would be really helpful

--
Cougar
Waze 3.9.5.3: Nexus 4 | Nexus 5 | Nexus 7
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby autourdupc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:40 am

I can have the gas station in the navigation menu, but no setting entry for gas station in the setting menu...
I also do not have the voice commands.
(I'm in France)
I'm frustrated !
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Sinistar83 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:48 am

a4bolek wrote:
Sinistar83 wrote:How do you get the gas stations to show up on the map with prices? I don't see an option for it on "Show on map" in the settings.

Two ways. Hit Navigate -> Categories -> Gas Stations -> Map. This will show you stations in your area. Or.

Create route then hit Add Stop -> Categories -> Gas Stations -> Map. This will show stations along the route.

OK I just tried and the first way crashes Waze, and also the alternate way does too, it looks like its crashing when I choose categories > gas station and it tries to search.
I sent crash report in via the app.
Sinistar83

Postby porubcan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:56 am

after route was calculated, the visual informed me about police reported on route, but there were no reports in the "reports" menu.
Image Image Image
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Android Beta Tester
Waze 4.5.0.1 on HTC One M9, Android 6.0 @ white Škoda Octavia RS Combi
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby guri211 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:14 am

Is it possible to enlarge the clickable area of this button? It is really hard to hit it sometimes:

Waze 2.4 @ Ericsson GA628 (landscape mode preffered)
Škoda 100 MB 1977 (grey)
Pressburg, Slovakia
guri211
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

Hi guys,

Some comments on important issues you've raised:
  • Font size - we're looking into enlarging the font on the maps a little. When we choose font size we keep in mind that most of the information isn't necessary while driving. Since there's a very fine line between showing relevant information and over-cluttering the map, I would love to hear whether you are missing information you need while driving, or just want to see something that you used to seeing...?
  • The nav bar is too big in landscape mode - we're working on a new (and smaller) nav bar for landscape.
  • Adding house numbers at the end of a drive - this is a great idea. we'll try to get it in, but probably it won't be in the upcoming version.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby Olestas » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 am

Font size: I want to be able to see landmark and nearest street names without looking at phone from 10cm distance. I like to know, which streets I am passing by.

Again: please do not decide for others... just make possibility to change font size, like small/medium/large.. do not go Iphone way - allow people to customize.
ImageImageImageImage

GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus
Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby wimdelange » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 am

olestas wrote:Font size: I want to be able to see landmark and nearest street names without looking at phone from 10cm distance. I like to know, which streets I am passing by.

Again: please do not decide for others... just make possibility to change font size, like small/medium/large.. do not go Iphone way - allow people to customize.

+1
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby fotrik » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:50 am

perlin wrote:Hi guys,

Some comments on important issues you've raised:
  • Font size - we're looking into enlarging the font on the maps a little. When we choose font size we keep in mind that most of the information isn't necessary while driving. Since there's a very fine line between showing relevant information and over-cluttering the map, I would love to hear whether you are missing information you need while driving, or just want to see something that you used to seeing...?
  • The nav bar is too big in landscape mode - we're working on a new (and smaller) nav bar for landscape.
  • Adding house numbers at the end of a drive - this is a great idea. we'll try to get it in, but probably it won't be in the upcoming version.

Font size: It's unreadable on regular streets and landmarks. Not good for orientation and safety. Please allow users to choose the size or at least revert back to the sizes of version 3.2.

The nav bar is to big also in portrait mode! Especially it covers too large area ahead in 2D map mode.
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby zsezo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:07 am

perlin wrote:Hi guys,

we're looking into enlarging the font on the maps a little. When we choose font size we keep in mind that most of the information isn't necessary while driving. Since there's a very fine line between showing relevant information and over-cluttering the map, I would love to hear whether you are missing information you need while driving, or just want to see something that you used to seeing...?

It it's possible to set the font size depend on the device's resolution and DPI?

Adding house numbers at the end of a drive

I'd like to use in the client (as in v2) and in the editor as well. :)
Outsmarting ourselves, together. :D
Country manager, Global Champ: Hungary and FTW
http://waze.hu and Facebook and HU:Térképszerkesztés/Map Editing
zsezo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing