Android beta 3.4.99.106 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth, bextein

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.106 Feedback thread

Postby glenan56 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 am

Autourdupc wrote:I can have the gas station in the navigation menu, but no setting entry for gas station in the setting menu...
I also do not have the voice commands.
(I'm in France)
I'm frustrated !

Results are given by foursquare, not by waze.
France is not ready.
We are told that 90 pourcent of gas station landmark must be created before waze valid this option.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk
Android v6.0.1 - Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Opérateur : FreeMobile
AM Finistère sud-est et Morbihan Ouest - France -

ImageImage
glenan56

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.106 Feedback thread

Postby AnUnknownEntity » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:42 am

A couple of things that I have noticed.

The GPS signal continually gets lost in this version. When it does reconnect, Waze tries to reroute but I'm already past the turn.

The voice isn't working correctly. It is only announcing to turn right or left. It doesn't include the distance when instructing these turns either. This was quite confusing until I realized what was happening. Normally, when you hear Waze tell you when to turn, you are usually right on the needed turn.

The UI needs to be adjusted. The time and miles are too close together. Sometimes you cannot read either one because they are squished together.

The app seems to run a lot slower than the Google Play version.
AnUnknownEntity

Postby nzhook » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:20 pm

perlin wrote:
  • Font size - we're looking into enlarging the font on the maps a little. When we choose font size we keep in mind that most of the information isn't necessary while driving. Since there's a very fine line between showing relevant information and over-cluttering the map, I would love to hear whether you are missing information you need while driving, or just want to see something that you used to seeing...?

Most of the time the street names I need are the ones intersecting with the street im on, normally im looking for a specific street (or landmark) or confirming that im where I think I am. This is also the reason why I suggested making the current street and intersecting streets visible at other zoom levels.

Not sure what other people would think but what about making the font size based on the distance the street is away.
Area Manager - Taranaki, New Zealand
Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830) - Gingerbread (Andriod 2.3.5)
New Zealand - Waze Client Beta Tester
nzhook

Postby petervdveen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 pm

perlin wrote:Hi guys,

Some comments on important issues you've raised:
  • Font size - we're looking into enlarging the font on the maps a little. When we choose font size we keep in mind that most of the information isn't necessary while driving. Since there's a very fine line between showing relevant information and over-cluttering the map, I would love to hear whether you are missing information you need while driving, or just want to see something that you used to seeing...?

Please note that this is not the case for everyone!!
On my phone and tablet the font size is perfect!

But maybe that's because I've got a screen that's over 4" and a qHD resolution.
  • The nav bar is too big in landscape mode - we're working on a new (and smaller) nav bar for landscape.

• Also this is not the case for me.
    It's a little big, but not too big for me.
  • Adding house numbers at the end of a drive - this is a great idea. we'll try to get it in, but probably it won't be in the upcoming version.

• I wouldn't really mind for this option.

Better first get a proper parking function, like when hitting the 'P' the client seaches for a parking place nearby.
    And make a option to mark parking lots as free of paid.
    Also make an option for streets (checkbox) to mark them when parking is allowed or dissalowed (maybe easier).
    petervdveen
    Coordinators
    Coordinators

Postby FreeMan12 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:37 pm

fotrik wrote:

• The nav bar is too big in landscape mode - we're working on a new (and smaller) nav bar for landscape.
    • Adding house numbers at the end of a drive - this is a great idea. we'll try to get it in, but probably it won't be in the upcoming version.

Font size: It's unreadable on regular streets and landmarks. Not good for orientation and safety. Please allow users to choose the size or at least revert back to the sizes of version 3.2.

The nav bar is to big also in portrait mode! Especially it covers too large area ahead in 2D map mode.

+1 on both points!
    Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana
    FreeMan12

Postby FreeMan12 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:49 pm

petervdveen wrote:

Please note that this is not the case for everyone!!
    On my phone and tablet the font size is perfect!

But maybe that's because I've got a screen that's over 4" and a qHD resolution.

Ding, ding, ding, you win the prize! The font sizes need to be adjustable. Some of us are still running older phones from the days (not that long ago) when the smaller the phone, the better.
    petervdveen wrote:

• Also this is not the case for me.
    It's a little big, but not too big for me.
    I have noticed that on interstate exits, where there is a lot of wording on the exit sign that has been properly transcribed to waze, the text does wrap nicely to 2 lines in this new, larger box. However, I feel strongly that (in the US, at least) the "Exit X" text is probably the most important part, and it will always show up with the old, smaller box.
    petervdveen wrote:
    perlin wrote:

• I wouldn't really mind for this option.

If by this, you mean displaying the complete street address of the destination "123 Main St." instead of just the street name "Main St.", I'm all for waiting another month to get this implemented in the next release!!!

petervdveen wrote:Better first get a proper parking function, like when hitting the 'P' the client seaches for a parking place nearby.
    And make a option to mark parking lots as free of paid.
    Also make an option for streets (checkbox) to mark them when parking is allowed or dissalowed (maybe easier).

I would be much more impressed with fixing the issues and getting accurate house numbers than worrying about parking lots/decks/garages. Of course, most of my travels allow for on street parking.
    We all have our priorities... :)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana
    FreeMan12

Postby FreeMan12 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:51 pm

I hope these aren't the only three issues you're looking at resolving before the next release. I only mention this because your wording is vague enough to be possibly interpreted that way. I'd like to assume that all the issues raised will be addressed.
    Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana
    FreeMan12

Postby Olestas » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 pm

FreeMan12 wrote:

I hope these aren't the only three issues you're looking at resolving before the next release. I only mention this because your wording is vague enough to be possibly interpreted that way. I'd like to assume that all the issues raised will be addressed.

+1
    GPS disconnection is the most annoying.
    ImageImageImageImage

GC: Latvia
    Coordinator: Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus
    Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
    Olestas
    Coordinators
    Coordinators

Postby deeggo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:46 pm

I like the small font too. So please make it adjustable instead of bigger.
    Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
    NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
    HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
    Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
    deeggo
    Waze Global Champs
    Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.106 Feedback thread

Postby zsezo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:26 pm

olestas wrote:
    FreeMan12 wrote:

+1
    GPS disconnection is the most annoying.

+1

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Outsmarting ourselves, together. :D
    Country manager, Global Champ: Hungary and FTW
    http://waze.hu and Facebook and HU:Térképszerkesztés/Map Editing
    zsezo
    Waze Global Champs
    Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing