Android beta 3.4.99.106 Feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.106 Feedback thread

Postby xteejx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 pm

On my Galaxy S2, I have no problems with the intro video, so you can cancel that one, it's fine.

Seems to be working fine. Like the new UI, much sleeker looking and "bubbly" as it should be in keeping with brand image.

Don't understand the parking thing, and cannot get rid of the parking pin I dropped at my house. Annoying!

Would like to see how the new meetup functions pan out in practice, but from home testing, seems to work well.

Do pickups cause reroutes to the pickup spot when the text/SMS has been confirmed by the pickup-ee?

Assuming the new options allow convoys of Wazers for road trips... bloody brilliant idea! Would be nice if some users could opt in to see others on the same or similar route/destination, like within half a mile of your destinations or something. Would have to be opt in, and it would tie in with the social driver features already available.

Wondering how this road closure thing is going to work, unless it's the ability to close roads only on the Waze suggested route. Fully support this, especially if there is added security like the distance from the road, like with petrol stations.

UK English translations aren't patched in, can these be added and a strings list be sent to all relevant translation teams please?

Conclusion : Liking it so far, glad to see its features as well as aesthetics this time.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Ah, the translation does contain the categories. PLEASE this time can you make UK English the default? It is REALLY annoying having translated it all for no one to see it!

xteejx

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.106 Feedback thread

Postby xteejx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:04 pm

xteejx wrote:Ah, the translation does contain the categories. PLEASE this time can you make UK English the default? It is REALLY annoying having translated it all for no one to see it!

Basically, as soon as the user selects UK, or is auto detected as being here on first initialisation, the UI should be set to UK English. Same with all of Ireland.
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:04 pm

oops, I pressed quote...

Last edited by dmcconachie on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: And I fixed it for you! ;-)
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:45 pm

I have some tts problems too. Keeps falling back to minimum like it hasn't downloaded the voice segments from the TTS server. Is it playing up or is it this beta?
I have *some* instructions and road names being said, but not all.

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:26 am

cenzual wrote:
1347640169492-1.jpg

Looks like a custom rom forcing UI changes. That is not the correct font.

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:20 am

It looks more like a download problem to me, but reinstated market version and it's fine, so there's no tts server issues. It's definitely this beta.
It's almost as if the distance instruction is blank, so minimal guidance kicks in and overrules the TTS and doesn't allow tts to come back in. Verrrrry annoying!

xteejx

Postby zCougar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:44 pm

shalafi wrote:Wazer details can be closed by tapping anywhere outside the box, reports can only be closed using the X in the upper corner .. please unify this behaviour.

My vote is for having all popups close by tapping outside of them.

Plus Wazer details can't be closed with back button when other reports can be. I would like to use back button for that too as it was before.

--
Cougar
Waze 3.7.7.0: Nexus 4 | HTC Desire Z | Nexus 7
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis
zCougar
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby zCougar » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:14 pm

My feedback regarding the most annoying bugs
  • The wazer info popup will not be visible if the wazer is not at the bottom of the map
  • The "back" button does not close popups any more. It is much harder to touch "X" in every popup which is in different location than "back" button.
  • Regarding the last one, the "Not there" button in speed camera popup is so big that I have multiple times accidentally pressed that one :-(
  • It is possible to mark car parked (with "P" icon) only when reaching destination ie. only with navigation.
  • Duplicate "Pave" tab in "Map issue" report menu.
  • The last one makes the map issue type list very narrow in landscape mode (only two line visible). Would be great to redesign it it avoid scrolling which is very uncomfortable during drive.
  • When adding comment to the report the "Done" button does not work (old issue). You need to close onscreen keyboard with "back" button and then small "Done" or "enter" which is smaller than "Done" button itself.
  • In Landscape mode there are a lot of unused room on top bar where next turn and street name is shown. I suggest to use it for alternative names. These would be really helpful

--
Cougar
Waze 3.7.7.0: Nexus 4 | HTC Desire Z | Nexus 7
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis
zCougar
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby zsezo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:26 pm

petervdveen wrote:
a4bolek wrote:Font for street names is too small. May be OK for younger folks.

I think it's much better! ;)

I'm pretty sure, the new small texts looking good. Bit would be nice, when I tap another wazer, the Info panel usually appears out of the screen and have to scroll to see. The years digit still missing from the panels. In the this case I joined only 6 months ago :)
Overally good! On the ETA plate the FB counter a little bit dark!
Thanks!

Sent from a location with a software.
Outsmarting ourselves, together. :D
Groups: "waze.hu" and "The IT Crowd"
Area manager, cordinator: Hungary and FTW Slave :D

http://waze.hu and On the Facebook and Térképszerkesztés/Map Editing
zsezo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing