iOS Beta 3.4.99.14 Feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.14 Feedback thread

Postby mapcat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:27 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
mapcat wrote:
perlin wrote:Toll roads indication: you asked if this can be in a different color, like red, to make it stand out. Well, this is going to stay as it is, as we want that to be more of a note than a warning.

OK. Highlighting toll roads in the client will be enough. You're still going to do that, right?

It doesn't sound like it to me. Were you asking for the work "TOLL" to be in different color other than gray or asking for segments marked as toll to be indicated on the map?

Last beta, both. She said the word will not change color, but as far as I can tell, said nothing about changing the look of the segments, which they've at least acknowledged considering.

Knowing that a 500 km trip involves tolls is useful, but incomplete information. Seeing that one of the route options is tolled for about half the distance, while the other is tolled only for a tenth, is significantly better. Paper maps have never made you guess. I can't recall what my old TomTom showed, but Google maps and Apple maps only show the "this route has tolls" message. I think at one point Google indicated which segments were tolled, but now when I look at the app, it's not there (maybe it was only on their web site).
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1
mapcat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mapcat » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:30 pm

FlashJordan42 wrote:Hello Wazers. Is iPhone 5 sceensize optimization in these beta releases or in the development pipeline? I love Waze and it would be great if it could use the newly increased screen size to display more area. I thought I'd ask here because I am hoping it is in the beta and I wasn't able to find any specific threads about this and didn't want to start a duplicate if I missed it. Thanks.

Don't know if anyone has tested the new iPhone yet. I sent my UDID to Perlin but she said it will take a few days before they're able to activate it. She didn't use the word "soon" so there is hope.
mapcat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mapcat » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:38 pm

On iPad today, driving 200 km or so, I saw no huge problems. Rerouting happened quickly every time I deviated from the path and it never crashed. There's still no numerical keyboard for the iPad like there is on the iPhone--why not? And I'm still puzzled by the [P] that shows up at the end.
mapcat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mapcat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:30 am

what spot.PNG
what spot.PNG (167.93 KiB) Viewed 824 times
mapcat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mapcat » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 am

jasonh300 wrote:Yeah. That looks like similar to mine. I take it that there's no "spot" on the map near there?

Yeah, it's just a strip mall parking lot. No parking lot landmarks or anything nearby, and no businesses or anything else called "The Spot".

johnarbor wrote:First time seeing the new night scheme tonite.

Don't like it all. Looks like everything is a landmark, too brite.

There wasn't anything wrong with the old night scheme.

Yeah, tonight was the first time I tried it out on the road. No good. I don't like all that light in the car at night. It's distracting.

Bring back the old one, but associate this one with a particular color scheme since some may want to use it.
mapcat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mapcat » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm

perlin wrote:Regarding the "calculating time off route" error - please provide me the exact time it happened (if not for this case then next time it happens) so we can debug the problem.

It happened within 10-15 minutes of the time I made the post.

Regarding Foursquare results- obviously we can't control this provider's results and quality.

But you can select a different default provider, can't you?

We are aware of this issue. It will be handled in the future.

Thank you.
mapcat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mapcat » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:09 pm

perlin wrote:We will include it (probably in the next version) under a new type of map-errors report, along with house numbers, street names, etc. Is there any other map-information that you feel you can easily add from the client?

The username of the person making the report, so whoever is fixing it can contact them for more information.
mapcat
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

iOS Beta 3.4.99.14 Feedback thread

Postby perlin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:46 pm

For registered users only!

Full link: http://waze.com/iosbeta?action=download-manifest&url=http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/versions/iphone/3.4.99.14/adhoc_3.4.99.14.plist

What's new

New design for destination screen
Ability to check-in to 4square from destination screen
Added "X" to users popup
Main menu buttons rearranged
Meet-up screens have changed a bit
New moods
New default map color (if you upgrade, try "Test" scheme) - tell us what you think about it.
New night color

What's fixed

Can't add favorite from the favorites menu
Map disappears and turns to blue screen after: (1) sending map issue (2) sharing location from navigate screen (More > Share..)
Pickup won't start during navigation
Favorites won't restore when login-in with FB
Time joined in My Waze is incorrect
Many crashes

Known issues

The "Closure" feature doesn't work
The option "Let others send me public chit chat" affects also the private chit chats option
When pickup route includes stop-point - canceling stop-point cancels pickup
Invisible mode - not really working
Mute button in main menu is not synced with mute button in nearing destination bar
Transmitting mode activates again after canceling it
Can't update gas prices when phone's format is set to Portuguese-Brazil
Map stays on night mode after switching to night and then back to auto
landscape mode- we are aware that with the new design there is a little space left to the map. We took all of your comments under consideration and we're working on it

Thanks for your feedback!
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We are working on fixing the stability issues and the next version will include more fixes for crashes.

In the last beta thread you've raised two important issues that I want to comment on:
  • Toll roads indication: you asked if this can be in a different color, like red, to make it stand out. Well, this is going to stay as it is, as we want that to be more of a note than a warning.
  • Unifying roundabouts: you said that having 2 ways to present a roundabout in the client looks unprofessional. Well, the reason there are different types of roundabouts is the different geometry of the them. When we're able to understand that a direction is "right", "straight" or "left" we use the appropriate signage. When we can't, we count exits.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:51 am

Always here for you guys :P
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext