iOS Beta 3.4.99.14 Feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.14 Feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:02 am

mapcat wrote:When navigating to stops by category on a 500+ km route:
    Fast food: all the options were at the end (Yelp results - default), and the "calculating time off route" never went away for any of them.

Bank/ATM: same "calculating..." error, although 4Square (default) results came up both at the beginning and end of the route.

Mall: time off route was calculated for some, but not all. List returned by 4Square was ridiculous (combination of malls, strip centers, individual stores, mobile phone kiosks, etc)

Convenience store: everything on the list (4Square - default) appeared to be a supermarket. The (24) symbol is misleading, since some might assume it meant that these stores are open 24 hours. They aren't.

Regarding the "calculating time off route" error - please provide me the exact time it happened (if not for this case then next time it happens) so we can debug the problem.

Regarding Foursquare results- obviously we can't control this provider's results and quality.

mapcat wrote:I've never paid attention before, but when I looked at the three different route options this time, all the reports were concentrated near the left end of the line, making it appear that the police, traffic, etc, were something I'd have to deal with early on in the trip. When I went to the list of reports on my route, however, all of them were close to the end.

We are aware of this issue. It will be handled in the future.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:22 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
tibble wrote:
maantje76 wrote:If you go to 'my waze' in the menu, you see it in silver on the top of the screen...in the menu itself it's a static icon...

When I was the waze monster in this beta it showed the monster for the my waze menu icon. I assumed it would always change to your current mood.

Yeah, I am pretty sure the main menu wazer icon should match the currently selected mood. Although, I've only verified that I can see the happy wazer and purple monster.

Yes, you are right, the main menu wazer icon should match the currently selected mood. However it's not displaying the VIP moods. We will fix that.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:36 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I have some more info regarding island rendering in the app.

I have previously complained about islands not showing in the app. I discovered that their appearance is zoom-level specific. When you are at a very low or high zoom level, the river shows, but for two intermediate zoom levels, the island landmark takes precedence over the river. It also is clear that an "island" landmark needs to match the land background color.

This is in the US, so the lakes are rivers are on a layer of the map we do not have access to in the editor.

The video will be easier to see if you open it in the youtube site or go full-screen, 720p.

Thanks Alan, we'll address that issue.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:25 pm

maantje76 wrote:Not shure if it's one of the known bugs, private messages to other not beta users aren't private at all...

What do you mean by saying "not private at all"? The message will appear on the map, but only you and the receiver are able to see it.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:17 am

kieranrawley wrote:I sent a map hat to a pal and got that same message delivered to my screen. I don't think that is meant to happen

We are aware of that bug. It's fixed for next version.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Dave2084 wrote:Also, would it be possible to add a new UR type (for ROTW at least):
"Missing Petrol Station" (or gas if you prefer).

We will include it (probably in the next version) under a new type of map-errors report, along with house numbers, street names, etc. Is there any other map-information that you feel you can easily add from the client?
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby robin1979 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:42 am

Same issues here as tedev. Crashes, and will not restart (well, crashes immediately) until a full reboot of the iPhone.

Crashes about 4-5 times on an 150km route (about the same as 3.1+), but the part of not being able to restart it, is really frustrating.

Sent the log files from the help menu, can't get it to automatically send log files (before that, it crashes).

On the iPad there are lots of lay out problems. You'll notice them immediately after installing the app. I'm sure you guys had a look yourselves, right?

Anyway, hope to see an update soon, because this one is hardly usable. I'll revert to an older one as soon as I get home.

Dave2084 wrote:Anyone care to recommend a free app for adding files to my non JB phone?

iFunBox
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 am

perlin wrote: Ability to check-in to 4square from destination screen

How does this work? Also, I can't check in along waypoints along my routes with this functionality? Please bring it back 8-) .

Dave2084 wrote:
robin1979 wrote:Same issues here as tedev. Crashes, and will not restart (well, crashes immediately) until a full reboot of the iPhone.

I did a 2 hour 100 mile trip this morning and per performed perfectly apart from the horrible night colour scheme

Weird. What device are you using? Also, where you in areas with limited network connectivity? Did you switch between apps?

Most of my crashes seem to be either when I loose network connectivity (it crashes when it's available again, after a phone call for example) or when I return to Waze after having a look at another application.

Dave2084 wrote:
robin1979 wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:Anyone care to recommend a free app for adding files to my non JB phone?

iFunBox

From poking around a few forums it seems that most if not all of the apps that allow you to access the filesystem without JB are broken right now.

Can you confirm that iFunbox is working with iOS 6?

Works fine for me.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:59 pm

tibble wrote:I have said this before and was wrong, but it looks like the traffic arrows are working now?? did you guys change anything?

I noticed the traffic arrows show up misaligned to the road (I noticed this because they were display on a water). It's really hard to see on a 'normal' background though. After zooming it was fine though (before I could make a screenshot).

Probably related to other map rendering errors which have been there since around 3.1.x.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:48 pm

maantje76 wrote:I could see robin1979. He uses iPhone. But messages didn't appear I guess.

I didn't receive anything :?
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing