iOS Beta 3.4.99.14 Feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.14 Feedback thread

Postby robin1979 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 am

Dave2084 wrote:8. The traffic report pop-up is a big box, yet it only has room for 34 characters ... can we allocate a bit more space in the road report box for the actual road report?
IMG_1554.PNG

This is even worse when you receive a message from a group. It will display the group name in the box as well, in a huge font.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:39 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Is the gold wazer main menu the indicator for lacking server connection? I hadn't seen that before.

See #10 - follow me.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:59 am

I think I had some as well...
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Shorty-CM » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:38 am

Sorry if these are repeated.

Volume problems still not addressed.

Route searching of contacts does not work.

Route search problems, such as local streets not being a 'hit', but some similar city name 1400 km away is a hit, still happens all the time. Pretty much every single route I search for has been requiring that I type out the whole street name and city name, even if the street is 5 blocks from me. This is constantly fixed and broken, fixed and broken, fixed and broken, over and over for some reason. Why do you keep breaking that? :)
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:50 pm

I LOVE the new night color scheme. Huge improvement. Much easier to read.

TTS is fixed!
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby tedev » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 am

This version was very very instable for me. After the first start it crashed, second time, too, then it ran for a while. Set a course for work, then switched to Spotify. Minute later, switched back to Waze and it crashed right away. Started again, crashed again, before it could even send an error report (the message was displayed, then it crashed before I could tap one of the options).

Started again, this time it ran for a while, sent the error report. Switched to a different app again, switched back to Waze, and it crashed immediately. Restarted the iPhone, started Waze, crashed immediately. Stayed that way for the next 15 minutes or so (tried starting it 4 or 5 times).

Which was sad, because there was an accident on the Autobahn that had just happened, could have been the first to report it :-)

Then started it when I was in the office, and it ran. Did send an error report, but then I didn't have time to go on testing.

My device: iPhone 4s with iOS 6.

Bye,
Thorsten
tedev

Area Manager Bad Nenndorf, Stadthagen, Wunstorf und Umgebung
twitter: tedev
tedev

Postby tibble » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:50 pm

I have said this before and was wrong, but it looks like the traffic arrows are working now?? did you guys change anything?

Also my previously reported (minor)issue still exists. If you are navigating, go into add a stop, and then cancel, the line is pink instead of staying purple.

I also had crashes on first launch and had to try the facebook registration twice, although this is still on my old iPhone 4 which is really slow.
Area Manager: South Eastern PA, USA
Waze Beta 3.7.2.993 - iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4
tibble

Postby tibble » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 am

This is a minor issue but i doubt you guys would find it in testing:

I have the silver 2nd place mood this week but my wazer icon in the menu shows a pinkish wazer.
tibble

iOS Beta 3.4.99.14 Feedback thread

Postby tibble » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 pm

maantje76 wrote:
tibble wrote:This is a minor issue but i doubt you guys would find it in testing:

I have the silver 2nd place mood this week but my wazer icon in the menu shows a pinkish wazer.

If you go to 'my waze' in the menu, you see it in silver on the top of the screen...in the menu itself it's a static icon...

When I was the waze monster in this beta it showed the monster for the my waze menu icon. I assumed it would always change to your current mood.
tibble

Postby tibble » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:19 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I'd like to see the off-route detection and re-route process happen faster. In a residential neighborhood going 20mph, I can drive nearly a full block before Waze starts to reroute. Perhaps there can be a better detection of leaving the route perpendicularly? I know that when the route we drive diverges from the nav route it can be more difficult as you must account for GPS inaccuracy, but if I turn where Waze was guiding me straight, or if I go straight where Waze was guiding me through a turn, I'd think it could detect and reroute more quickly.

iOS exposes the current accuracy in the location API. They could probably use that to figure out when it should be more/less sensitive. Not sure if it's code/cpu intensive to check it constantly though. Maybe always call the offroute function whenever it's off route enough for the most accurate setting(or whichever one they want to be the min) and then check to confirm the accuracy before actually starting the offroute process??
tibble

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing