Android beta 3.4.99.109 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Suggestion for comments on reports

Postby skbun » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Since it is not always possible for the first person who reports something to provide details about it, here's a suggestion on how to make any given report more useful to drivers.

How about: the boldface 'details' field of a report shown when it pops up is always 'the most recent chit-chat/comment ON that report'?

Here's an example.
There's a major accident. The person who reports it doesn't have time to provide details, so he just reports it and drives on.
A second driver comes to the scene. He sees two vehicles involved. So his comment might well be '2 vehicles in right lane'.
A third driver comes to the scene. Now when the event pops up as coming up, he sees:

Major accident (5 minutes ago)
2 vehicles in right lane

Though he realizes now that the accident has been cleared to the shoulder. So HE comments, '2 vehicles cleared to shoulder'. Now for the fourth driver, he sees:

Major accident (7 minutes ago)
2 vehicles cleared to shoulder

Here's my point in all of this. The way Waze is now, when something pops up, you get two choices for the event. [Not there] and [Thanks], so any comment given doesn't even show. Even if you DO click a specific event, you see [Comments(number)] and [Thanks(number)]. So you have to click on a comments button just to see this information. Making 'most recent comment on this event' always be the boldfaced details shown cuts through this.
skbun

Re: Re: Suggestion for comments on reports

Postby Majumdar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:16 am

skbun wrote:Since it is not always possible for the first person who reports something to provide details about it, here's a suggestion on how to make any given report more useful to drivers.

How about: the boldface 'details' field of a report shown when it pops up is always 'the most recent chit-chat/comment ON that report'?

Here's an example.
There's a major accident. The person who reports it doesn't have time to provide details, so he just reports it and drives on.
A second driver comes to the scene. He sees two vehicles involved. So his comment might well be '2 vehicles in right lane'.
A third driver comes to the scene. Now when the event pops up as coming up, he sees:

Major accident (5 minutes ago)
2 vehicles in right lane

Though he realizes now that the accident has been cleared to the shoulder. So HE comments, '2 vehicles cleared to shoulder'. Now for the fourth driver, he sees:

Major accident (7 minutes ago)
2 vehicles cleared to shoulder

Here's my point in all of this. The way Waze is now, when something pops up, you get two choices for the event. [Not there] and [Thanks], so any comment given doesn't even show. Even if you DO click a specific event, you see [Comments(number)] and [Thanks(number)]. So you have to click on a comments button just to see this information. Making 'most recent comment on this event' always be the boldfaced details shown cuts through this.

+1!

Excellent, brilliant and essential suggestion.

Robin

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2
Majumdar

Re: Re: R: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.109 Feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 pm

danieleser wrote:
danieleser wrote:I'm an italian user.
I installed this beta upper last but I receive an error message that tell me that I have not network connection.

It's impossible to install beta if I am connected an operator network.
Now, from my wi-fi home network I installed beta version.
Only via wi-fi is it possible to install beta version?
Inviato dal mio dispositivo alieno con Tapatalk 2

Installed over 3G and run perfectly.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.109 Feedback thread

Postby bedo2991 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:21 pm

pvaladares wrote:
bedo2991 wrote:Is there a way in this beta to set an alternative nickname or enable anonymous reporting? I can't find it!

Try 'My Waze' and 'Nickname'

I can only set the mood in "My Waze"
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pvaladares » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:15 pm

bedo2991 wrote:Is there a way in this beta to set an alternative nickname or enable anonymous reporting? I can't find it!

Try 'My Waze' and 'Nickname'

pvaladares

Postby deeggo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:34 am

gshults wrote:1. Tried a route to gas station and the distances in the list are all over the place. Surely the nearest should come first etc. When I tried to route to a station it just froze or time out.

That depends on what you select in the menu. I think default is to sort by price.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pvaladares » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:45 pm

Autourdupc wrote:
bangus236 wrote:would like to suggest that menu boxes be closed by tapping anywhere outside the box instead of tapping on a small x on the corner

--> Taping anywhere inside the menu of the box should be better !

+1

pvaladares

Postby pvaladares » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 pm

DonJ2 wrote:Issues:

1. Several times now, the Waze app has started up by itself. The last time it started up by itself, I was in a meeting, phone on table, screen off, waze was not running, then all of a sudden my phone says "Turn left at Greenwood Blvd". I unlocked the screen and the waze app was running. This has happened several times already, even with the previous beta version. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that waze is now running a service, which probably has a bug that launches the client.

2. Still waiting for the foursquare check in button to return. If you're not planning to put it back, then I will have to quit using waze. :cry: [Running for the door hoping they don't call my bluff].

1 - I had a similar problem as described in my earlier post in this thread. I think it is related with the "Push Notifications" feature

2 - I suppose Waze will only let you checkin at the destination to avoid multiple incorrect checkins along the way to destination (against to Foursquare policy I suppose). This has been already announced in the iOS beta version.

Last edited by pvaladares on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pvaladares

Postby mssusa » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:35 pm

DonJ2 wrote:Issues:

1. Several times now, the Waze app has started up by itself. The last time it started up by itself, I was in a meeting, phone on table, screen off, waze was not running, then all of a sudden my phone says "Turn left at Greenwood Blvd". I unlocked the screen and the waze app was running. This has happened several times already, even with the previous beta version. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that waze is now running a service, which probably has a bug that launches the client.

LOL! I wish I was there :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby zsezo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:29 am

shalafi wrote:For those wanting a dark scheme with colourful streets where you can tell which type is which, you can vote for Waze to add mine into the client, jsut like they did with the Map Editors scheme. They could call it Neon Dark :D

Here's a preview:
Screenshot_2012-09-26-09-49-07.jpg

In the meantime you can get it here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11873&p=250867#p250867

Great idea shalafi! I like it! +1

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
zsezo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to App Beta Testing