Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby a4bolek » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Installed over 109. Starts and runs. All settings retained. Will take it for a spin later.
Hardware:
Nexus 5 KK 4.4.2
HTC One KK 4.4.2
Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 JB 4.1.2
Nexus 10 KK 4.4.2
Waze 3.7.8.0
a4bolek
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:19 am
Location: Dallas, Texas
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby a4bolek » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 am

khaytsus wrote:
FreeMan12 wrote:I've taken a look at the "test", "test2" and "test3" color schemes, and I'm not particularly fond of them, which isn't a huge deal at all - that's why there are multiple schemes. However, I'm a bit miffed that after looking at them and deciding that I don't like them, when I go back to the "Map editors" color scheme, I still get "test" as the night scheme.

Isn't there only one night scheme? Or does changing the day theme also change the night theme? AFAIK there's only one, and it's been changed.

However, this one is the bomb, IMO. I'm loving the look, just wish I had a better way to refresh it when Waze updates.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11873&start=20#p250867


Obviously we are smoking different stuff. IMO current night mode colour scheme is atrocious beyond imagination. Not to mention premature degradation of OLED screens.
Hardware:
Nexus 5 KK 4.4.2
HTC One KK 4.4.2
Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 JB 4.1.2
Nexus 10 KK 4.4.2
Waze 3.7.8.0
a4bolek
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:19 am
Location: Dallas, Texas
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby agm2112 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:48 am

I deleted my home location and now I can't add it back.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
Image
agm2112
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Autourdupc wrote:Is it possible to add a new alert "Car stopped on road" ?
This is frequently the case when not on hightways !

Is it not already available? It is on the current iOS beta. Try it. I've already added it to the voice commands thread. Check your asr_cmd file and search for stopped to see how it is implemented. On earlier beta, the implemented the full command as "car stopped on road" instead of "car stopped" being a sub-type of the "on road" hazards.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 19467
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 647 times
Been thanked: 2246 times

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby alenansk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:09 pm

FreeMan12 wrote:
nzhook wrote:
  • There doesnt seem to be a way to cancel the 'Are you heading to ...' directions, if I click the X it routes anyway, if I leave it alone it defaults to Ok, and the only other button is 'Routes'. Could we have a 'No' button?


This, very much! It's not quite so annoying to have to hit the little 'x', I guess I've started to get used to it already, since it's the only option on so many dialogues in the new betas, but a "No" or "Cancel" button would be much nicer.

Also, sometimes, it's so slow to come up with the "Are you heading to ..." that I've already started to select a different location to navigate to, and this pops up and overrides what I was already entering. It can take so long, that I can already be typing in an address to navigate to when it asks if I'm heading to Home, thus wiping out the portion of the address that I've already entered. I suppose the delay is fine, however, before that pops up, it needs to check to ensure that I'm not already in the destination selection dialogue system before it pops that up. Actually, it should probably ensure that I'm not actively "doing" something (i.e. any where in the menus) before it pops this up, and if I'm already into navigation, it shouldn't pop up at all.


+1
HTC Desire Z
Android 2.3.3
alenansk
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby alenansk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:11 pm

hi to all

there are some of my notes:

- when share location with someone (1rst person), and then wish to pick-up someone else (2nd person), the first person can't see me anymore (error - request cancelled)
the second person have an error - can't find your location - when open link on PC (may be in this case this person should just see me on the map?)


- share my ride:
1 - there is a choice:
a) by text message (SMS)
b) by email: and here you have again to choose:
b1) by gmail
b2) by skype

the firs issue is that "share by skype" does not work, nothing happens (the first time i need to sign in to skype), then, sharing again, nothing happens, there is not contact list where i can choose a person to share, and my skype status doesn't change the secons is that may be skype must be between text messages and not between emails

- "red wazer" (see photo below) behind "DEBUG" word [already noticed]; when i tap on it, the red wazer dissappears - i think it is bug

- is it possible to make upper instructions box - smaller (may be by cutting off some millimeters on the inferior board) or to make it more trasparent?

- sometimes the left menu icon dissapears, copule of time it happened when i parked after reaching my destination (see image attached)

- too much menu settings when in navigating mode, need to be reorganized and reduced


- better route find: is really annoying because:
-- impossible to close
-- can't see on the map or to see any details because while driving is dangerous for driver
-- "better" route has arrival time later than the route i currently driving, in preferences i choosed "fastest" way.. so why i get a suggestions for a "better" root which is really worth?


thank you
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (56.22 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (66.94 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (113.86 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
HTC Desire Z
Android 2.3.3
alenansk
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby alenansk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:07 am

pvaladares wrote:
alenansk wrote:...

- "red wazer" (see photo below) behind "DEBUG" word [already noticed]; when i tap on it, the red wazer dissappears - i think it is bug
....



It is not a ghost. I just means your share is being transmitted/shared.


no no, i didn't start any sharing
and the "ghost waze" is barred....
HTC Desire Z
Android 2.3.3
alenansk
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby alenansk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:11 am

today i wanted to make a screenshot of share menu where is it possible to see that i have "share by skype" inside "share by email" options
but every time i choose "share by email", waze restart.. than i can't send log because my waze lost network connection, phone restart (even trying to take off a battery), but not solved... still no network connection... retry today evening...
HTC Desire Z
Android 2.3.3
alenansk
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby alenansk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:53 am

perlin wrote:
alenansk wrote:when share location with someone (1rst person), and then wish to pick-up someone else (2nd person), the first person can't see me anymore (error - request cancelled)

This is an expected result. If you share your ride with someone and then start a route- his link will be broken.



actually... firstly i start route, than share route with first person.. then wish pick-up a second person... i see that in this case my route will be modified....
but i think that may be it is possible to modify already created route (for example, it may happens if occurs an accedent by the way and a road will be closed so waze will recalculate my route) without cancel links i already shared?

- forget about a tunnel problem... still need solutions which continue to ride with the same speed a road you drive before gps signal is lost... when the exit is just after the end of tunnel... waze don't give instructions because it "doesnt know" where i am ...
HTC Desire Z
Android 2.3.3
alenansk
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby alenansk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 am

perlin wrote:
alenansk wrote:- better route find: is really annoying because:
-- impossible to close

I wonder why you say that because you can close it, there's a little X on the right upper side. Maybe you've missed it?


both: 1 - miss it and 2 - TOO SMALL to see and to tap.. and many times when i tap it.. nothing happens... so probably i miss it...
HTC Desire Z
Android 2.3.3
alenansk
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Next

Return to App Beta Testing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users