Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby autourdupc » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:45 am

Still have alerts poping-up outside the radius defined in the settings.
My setting value is 5 km and I receive alerts from 7 km away !

I also wants if possible that when I thank and alert it do not pop-up again !
Screenshot_2012-10-02-08-10-13.png
(115.16 KiB) Downloaded 710 times

Screenshot_2012-10-02-08-10-18.png
(138.86 KiB) Downloaded 710 times
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:42 am

FreeMan12 wrote:
Nacron wrote:I was going to report this in the last beta but forgot to. When you have an address highlighted like if you input an address in the calendar. It will ask what app you want to pass this to, and my choices are maps or waze. In play store version it used to pop up the drive to box with that address in it. With the beta versions it no longer does that, just opens the app.

+1

+1
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby khaytsus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:52 pm

DonJ2 wrote:On three separate destinations, waze has told me that I am approaching my destination when in fact I'm not that close, at least not based on how much driving I still have left to get there. It appears that the condition for approaching is based on geo-proximity and not number of miles left to travel.

In the following example (see below), the destination is the mall. In this case, waze signals that I'm approaching my destination when I'm on the interstate off-ramp (bottom left road segments).

+1, same thing was happening on the last beta.. I'm getting an "approaching your destination" I think .2 miles out or something... Sometimes that's 2+ turns away. Maybe it's intentional, but it's misleading so I think it needs to only do it something like this...

.2 miles away if no turns, but if there is a turn, immediately when turning onto the final road if less than .2 miles away. And if it's a big deal to announce it and we're a corner case, literally, house on the corner ;), maybe if the distance is beyond a turn but is less than .1 miles, announce anyway. Just thinking out loud.
khaytsus

Postby pvaladares » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 pm

BUGS
1 - After setting "Go invisible" and "Share my ride: Using an Email" Waze crashed. Waze prompted to send logs, logs sent.
2 - The second time I tried the "Share my ride" worked fine. I sent to my friend and it was possible to track my position in the map. After sometime my 3G connection got some problem and the web link showed this even after I reconnected the 3G (Waze was always running however sometimes in background while I was checking other apps)
waze.jpg
(34.82 KiB) Downloaded 1892 times

Maybe this is why:
Pickup session might end if waze is sent to background

3 - I sent "Pick Up" request for myself and confirmed the Pick Up location via link provided. However I could not receive any location for Pick Up in Waze app.
4 - The link (http://waze.to/xxxxxx) mention in the messages (via email) "Send a location: My current location|My saved location|Recent search" do not work.
To drive here with Waze, open this link from your mobile.

EDIT: Actually the quote says "your mobile", so it correct. You just can't use the link under PC.

SUGGESTIONS
1 - It would be nice to document the new features or create some video explaining what the yellow buttons mean. Not difficult to figure out, but I was surprised seeing them for the first time.
2012-10-01 19.02.34.jpg
(155.66 KiB) Downloaded 1905 times

2 - They way the Share link is created, may be vulnerable to manipulation, for example, the "nickname" string
Code: Select all
http://mobile-web.world.waze.com/social/share_location
?nickname=People may leave here some interesting messages
&token=A token for each session?
&mood=Can be changed? I saw no effect changing this
&frequency=Value in ms?
&lang=What are the current available languages?

3 - I noticed the "Pick Up" feature is requesting the Web-Browser location. Why don't you use this feature also in the WME ?
Last edited by pvaladares on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
pvaladares

Postby thefatveganchef » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:27 pm

DonJ2 wrote:
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:One thing that is annoying to me is when you are in navigation mode the share button is where the shut off button used to be. Highly annoying to remember to scroll up to shut off when in navigation mode. Shutting off button should take priority over share button and share should be something you need to scroll to, not the other way around. I know part of it is to subconsciously learn a new procedure to get to it, like the moving of the navigate button some versions ago, but there needs to be some thought into the rankings of buttons and the ones that get used more than the other ones need to be more readily available and need not to be moved from version to version if at all possible.

+1, I've lost count of how many times I've pressed the "Share" button because the "Switch Off" button used to be there, very annoying.

And I would like to add one more thing, The off button is in two different places depending on if you are in navigate or not, so you can't get into that subconcous pattern of shutting off, you have to remember if you are in navigation mode or not so you know how to shut off the app.

Today I installed 9.1.0 on my phone and Waze wouldn't get a connection even though I was on my wifi. Everything else connected fine. Had to go back to alpha 4. So disapoint.
thefatveganchef
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby DonJ2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:19 pm

On three separate destinations, waze has told me that I am approaching my destination when in fact I'm not that close, at least not based on how much driving I still have left to get there. It appears that the condition for approaching is based on geo-proximity and not number of miles left to travel.

In the following example (see below), the destination is the mall. In this case, waze signals that I'm approaching my destination when I'm on the interstate off-ramp (bottom left road segments).

MallDest.jpeg
(84.54 KiB) Downloaded 1092 times
DonJ2

Postby porubcan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Not sure it is related to beta or map tiles, but this happened in .109 too. Some tile in certain zoom level failed to load. After slowing down, map zoomed in and everything was fine... The particular tile failed to load even network connection was OK.

uploadfromtaptalk1349112617083.jpg
(47.55 KiB) Downloaded 1127 times

I just tested now while on WiFi. Tile not showing in zoom levels 4 and 5 (if 1 is the closest look in client)
if it looks strange, it's my phone's fault
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby FreeMan12 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:28 pm

slow_mo wrote:I saw someone mentioning this problem, but since it is still not fixed in this beta but was present in two previous betas, I'll report a bug here.

The problem is that a speedometer disappears when adding a stop and pointing to a location on the map.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Navigate to any place
  • Go to menu and select "Add a Stop"
  • Go back twice to get back to the main screen
  • Tap and hold somewhere on the map and then select the blue arrow to the right of the popup
  • Press "Go" in the next screen
Speedometer will be gone.

Let me say that current way of selecting a point on map as a stop is not very intuitive. Better way would be to have a separate button saying something like "Point on Map" in the Navigate screen besides Categories, Favorites and History.

I'm seeing that too.
FreeMan12

Postby FreeMan12 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Nacron wrote:I was going to report this in the last beta but forgot to. When you have an address highlighted like if you input an address in the calendar. It will ask what app you want to pass this to, and my choices are maps or waze. In play store version it used to pop up the drive to box with that address in it. With the beta versions it no longer does that, just opens the app.

+1
FreeMan12

Postby RobertB-dc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:06 pm

I managed to fill up my SD card with podcasts, so Waze failed to load. It displayed a message stating its SD card requirements... but instead of going away, it remained stuck at the splash screen (with my local TV station's advertisement). After that, it remained active in the Notification Bar, and "Return to Waze" repeats the Insufficient Memory error and remains stuck at the splash screen.

The good news, though, is that Waze isn't burning up my battery, so it apparently hasn't even reached the activate-GPS code. Normally, my phone running Waze would make a good hand-warmer for anyone navigating to the North Pole.

(Disclaimer: I'm technically on the previous beta version, because my SD card is full - I couldn't download the latest! But this seems like an edge-case bug that probably isn't version-specific.)
RobertB-dc

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing