=sent from my OneS=
Country manager: Slovakia
Waze 3.7.7 @ HTC ONE S [4.4 CM11] @ 2012 Citroën C5

shalafi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby Sinistar83 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Waze is *STILL* crashing on me when I go to Navigate and do any sort of category search: Gas, restauraun, etc..

I sent the log files the next time it opened.. hopefully you guy can get this fixed as I really like this feature. :)
Sinistar83

Postby skbun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 pm

1. 'First leg distance bug' still exists. See http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=243131#p243131for full details. This may be why some people in this thread immediately get the 'nearing their destination' when they are not, because the first leg isn't counted in the initial calculation?
2. Only the first ten added favorites are shown on the front 'navigate' screen. If you want to see more than 10, you have to actually click the 'favorites' button. This is not completely intuitive. As a new user, I mistook this to mean that I could only have 10 favorites. (Perhaps it makes more sense for the front 'navigate' screen to instead be the 'history', or something?) Alternatively, maybe the 11th item on the 'front page list' should always say "More Favorites", so one knows to look for that.
3. If you send gas prices, and get 'Price has been confirmed', you get the SEND and X button overlapping. See http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=250839#p250839 where this is described and screen captured by another user.
4. Any thoughts, Waze, on the 'progressive reporting' idea described in http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=251383#p251383 which got several +1s but no official response as of yet?

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

Postby slow_mo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 pm

I saw someone mentioning this problem, but since it is still not fixed in this beta but was present in two previous betas, I'll report a bug here.

The problem is that a speedometer disappears when adding a stop and pointing to a location on the map.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Navigate to any place
  • Go to menu and select "Add a Stop"
  • Go back twice to get back to the main screen
  • Tap and hold somewhere on the map and then select the blue arrow to the right of the popup
  • Press "Go" in the next screen
Speedometer will be gone.

Let me say that current way of selecting a point on map as a stop is not very intuitive. Better way would be to have a separate button saying something like "Point on Map" in the Navigate screen besides Categories, Favorites and History.
slow_mo

Postby slow_mo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:29 pm

+1 from me as well.
Wanted to report this annoying thing long time ago.
slow_mo

Postby Spil » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Installed over .109 -- lost all settings, including needing to log in again.

Took a look at "test2" and "test3" color themes ... they both looked the same B&W/grayscale, and vastly inferior even to "test" ... switched back to "Map Editors" theme. :)

Only took one short ride with the new version ... I left the GPS behind at an intersection, didn't catch up until I got home two blocks later. This was right after installing and logging in, so that may have affected it. I'll check it out some more tonight and tomorrow, and report any new (or old :roll:) problems found.

ryanh85 wrote:Noticed this in last beta, and its still in this one. I am listed as having a level of Royalty Wazer but graph shows me as a Baby Wazer
If you go into "About Levels" below and then return to that screen, the graph will fill and show your real level.
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Spil » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Okay, got a new one here. Maybe this is just unique to my installation of this beta, since I haven't seen it reported in the last 14 pages ;), but I'll mention it anyway:

• Under "Settings -> Map -> My car" -- the list of cars is only showing the icons on the left, no names. The only exception to this is the currently-selected car icon, which does show the name next to the checkmark. If I select another car icon, then that icon's name will appear when I go back into the list, and the previously-selected icon's name will be gone.
    Dude, where's my car name.png
    Dude, where's my car name.png (41.18 KiB) Viewed 1046 times
Spil
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Spil » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:11 pm

perlin wrote:
Spil wrote:Okay, got a new one here. Maybe this is just unique to my installation of this beta, since I haven't seen it reported in the last 14 pages ;), but I'll mention it anyway:

• Under "Settings -> Map -> My car" -- the list of cars is only showing the icons on the left, no names. The only exception to this is the currently-selected car icon, which does show the name next to the checkmark. If I select another car icon, then that icon's name will appear when I go back into the list, and the previously-selected icon's name will be gone.
    Dude, where's my car name.png

Failed to reproduced. Does it happen every time you open this menu?
I'm assuming it happened because of a network problem.

Yes, it happens every time.

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling ... same problem.

I then tried uninstalling, deleting the Waze folder, and reinstalling ... same problem, but slightly different. Now, I'm having the same problem on the "Map color scheme" menu, but only immediately after being in the "My car" menu. Once I select a map color scheme again, I can go back into it and see all the color scheme names -- and once I do that, I can go into the "My car" menu and see all but two of the names (the last one, and one somewhere in the middle ... different one each time!); after that, if I go back into the "My car" menu, only my selected car icon has the name visible.

Never had this problem until I installed this beta version.
Spil
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Spil » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:04 am

bedo2991 wrote:Another bug: (I couldn't take a screenshot but it's easy to reproduce).
Today you added the ability to store the prices of the gas stations in Italy.
After you complete the pricing you click on the upper right side corner on "Invia" (Send). After this the exit "X" shows up over the "Invia". (The "Invia" should disappear).
pvaladares wrote:3 - The "Send button" and "Close" buttons are both visible
Nothing new there. This has been reported (and apparently ignored :roll:) many times over the course of the last three beta versions (read through this thread and the previous two -- it gets mentioned about once every other page or so). It seems that Waze doesn't want to bother fixing this issue that should be ridiculously easy to correct. :?
Spil
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby steveningelbrecht » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:44 am

I notice a difference between the general my friends list (facebook) and the facebook friends list on my scoreboard. The general facebookfriends list looks complete, newly added friends aren't added to the list in my scoreboard...
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image

Waze Champ - Country Manager Belgium
Image Image Image Image
steveningelbrecht
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing