Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby danieleser » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:06 am

Installed over 109. I have the same problem with all beta version: after installation waze can't start because don't find network connection if I use 3G connection. No problem with wi-fi connection.
I have not this problem with Play Store version.

I find it uncomfortable to report a problem you have to swipe your finger on the icon of the reports. I think this option should be customizable in the settings.
danieleser
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby autourdupc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 am

When using Navigation in French, the fisrt sentence said by TTS is not clear and I was unable to understand what the TTS said !
It seem that sometime it is in french, and other times it is in english.
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby porubcan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:43 am

installed over .109 without problems, all settings preserved.

many small bugs/issues reported for .109 and .106 are still present:
* mismatched moods: bronze and gold are same, speedy and duck are same),
* navi bar in landscape is too big,
* popups have different controls (wazer's don't have close X button and is not being closed by pressing back button),
* wazer's popup goes off the screen,
* settings->social networks->group->Pop-up reports and Group badges - cannot be modified (if you modify and exit settings they are reverted back to "none" and "From all groups I follow".
* menu scrolling is not very comfortable, moreover there is enough space to make menu box larger to get rid of scrolling.
* textboxes for reporting jam, police, accident, hazard and map chat have first line of text misplaced (too high)

- none of above issues reported via forum for previous 2 betas were fixed yet.

new one in .110 - mood preview is missing in main menu "My Waze" icon.

no initial video present in .110

overall stability and performance is fine for daily use. have driven ~60 km with actual beta without any problems - e.g. no crashes yet, no network/GPS being lost yet.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby autourdupc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:25 am

What would be very usefull is that when the car is stopped and we start having the pop-up alerts about traffic, is when we thank an alert, this alert never pop-up again.
Actually, it is boring to thanks / close all the time the same alerts.
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 am

This morning, when launching Waze, the firts map I got waze the map with an old alert pop-up I got in the previous use of Waze 1 day ago.
I never had this issue before.
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:21 am

Still have zoom issue.
When driving with zoom in at maximum, after 30 minutes of drive, the zoom level is changed !
(bug already existing in previous beta and releases)
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby wimdelange » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:19 am

No problems with the installation. Please add the Close buttons back or make it possible to close a popup window while tapping the screen elsewhere. Had a speed camera alert, I wanted it to close down but tapped "Not there" instead. The X mark is too small and too close to that button.
Further very fine.
Test this afternoon the problem that Waze closes down after sharing my ride.
wimdelange

Postby z00mb1e » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:55 am

So far so good on my SGS2. Only old issue: after installing I had to go Again to setting to change units back from km to miles. Every installation of Waze automatically changes units to km. All rest of setting stays untouched.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
z00mb1e

Postby nzhook » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:58 am

Im reporting some issues from the previous beta here, mainly because I cant put them on the old thread.

- Firstly I sent some logs last night when I had finished paving but not in a receiption area (so had not clicked the stop button) but Waze had the message 'Searching network'. To be fair it did fine the network for about 2 minutes but I knew it wouldnt last so didnt finish up. However when the network 'should' have come back (eg. I had full reception at home but still the 'Searching network' message) - I sent logs before turning off paving and then afterward.

These two are reports from the other end of share my ride, as I was driving I cant confirm exact details:
- The share my route function works until there is no reception then it just stops and never catches up. eg. I drove from New Plymouth to Palmerston north (around 3 hours) however reception is lost just before Wanguanui (just over 1 hour into the trip), the people watching the trip were then told I was 2 hours away even when they checked just before I pulled into the driveway.

- On the share my ride page the other end sees 'apparently' the screen doesnt move with the car, so if Im going 100km I disappear off the screen and they cannot keep up. I would suspect this maybe because they moved the map slightly, and then didnt know how to get back to a follow mode?

Compared to the first Beta I tried this one was a marked improvement, I did have some other bugs but im hoping that the new one that was released last night will be just as good and I can test them again before the next release.
nzhook

Postby jab_au » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:10 am

Bronze mood looks exactly the same as Gold mood
Road roll will create a strait line between where phone reception stops & starts, not record the actual route in an area with no reception
jab_au
Australia Waze Champs
Australia Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing