iOS Beta 3.4.99.19 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.19 Feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:34 pm

BUG: Voice Commands, if already enabled, still bring up the "would you like to enable?" alert.

Steps:
  1. Install Waze fresh.
  2. Login/set up as normal.
  3. Go to Settings->Voice Commands
  4. Enable Voice Commands
  5. Set Activation to Hover & 3 fingers (if not already set to that)
  6. Exit Settings
  7. Hover hand to activate proximity sensor

What happens:
The "Drive Safe: passing your hand over the screen activates voice commands. [Later] [Enable]" alert box appears.

What should happen:
Waze should go directly into Voice Command mode. It has already been enabled and should not prompt the user.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.2.1 | Waze v4.2b
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:38 pm

I think this has been brought up, but I find I run into it more and more: the distance at which a goodie/candy will be "eaten" is smaller in the beta version than the current released app version. There is an intersection where a candy almost always appears for me (editing bonus). It is an intersection that isn't extremely wide, but enough such that when I drive through it, unless I steer much closer to the center of the intersection instead of the right-turn lane area, I will not pick up the candy. The same intersection with the released version never fails to pick up the candy at the same spot.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mapcat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:53 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think this has been brought up, but I find I run into it more and more: the distance at which a goodie/candy will be "eaten" is smaller in the beta version than the current released app version. There is an intersection where a candy almost always appears for me (editing bonus). It is an intersection that isn't extremely wide, but enough such that when I drive through it, unless I steer much closer to the center of the intersection instead of the right-turn lane area, I will not pick up the candy. The same intersection with the released version never fails to pick up the candy at the same spot.

I'm still seeing this too. Please increase the radius.
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1
mapcat

Postby perlin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think this has been brought up, but I find I run into it more and more: the distance at which a goodie/candy will be "eaten" is smaller in the beta version than the current released app version. There is an intersection where a candy almost always appears for me (editing bonus). It is an intersection that isn't extremely wide, but enough such that when I drive through it, unless I steer much closer to the center of the intersection instead of the right-turn lane area, I will not pick up the candy. The same intersection with the released version never fails to pick up the candy at the same spot.

Nothing was changed between the versions (we didn't reduce the distance).
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby mapcat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 pm

perlin wrote:Nothing was changed between the versions (we didn't reduce the distance).

Something was changed between the last production version and the beta. In an early version of 2.x, driving past a candy or road goodie or whatever wasn't that unusual for me, but it ended completely (at least on correctly edited roads) after one of the upgrades, and never happened again until the beta came out. It's happened twice for me at an intersection that hasn't been edited since 2011. Either the radius has changed, or they're being placed using a different process.

Other evidence that something has changed with this process is that, if a candy shows on the map and I drive away from it, it no longer just sits there for the rest of the drive. Now it disappears and reappears in front of me (and this is a good thing, so please don't change it back).
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1
mapcat

Postby perlin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

mapcat wrote:
perlin wrote:Nothing was changed between the versions (we didn't reduce the distance).

Something was changed between the last production version and the beta. In an early version of 2.x, driving past a candy or road goodie or whatever wasn't that unusual for me, but it ended completely (at least on correctly edited roads) after one of the upgrades, and never happened again until the beta came out. It's happened twice for me at an intersection that hasn't been edited since 2011. Either the radius has changed, or they're being placed using a different process.

Please send me logs that contains this scenario (in which you couldn't eat the candy even though you were close to it). Also mention the date & time of the drive.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:04 pm

mapcat wrote:Other evidence that something has changed with this process is that, if a candy shows on the map and I drive away from it, it no longer just sits there for the rest of the drive. Now it disappears and reappears in front of me (and this is a good thing, so please don't change it back).

This changed a couple of months ago. I was sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone and actually saw it happen. I posted about it at the time.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:37 pm

perlin wrote:Please send me logs that contains this scenario (in which you couldn't eat the candy even though you were close to it). Also mention the date & time of the drive.

I've had this happen at two intersections recently, and with the beta only. When I've been using the release version, it's never happened at those locations. I'll try to capture it both in video and send logs.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:56 am

perlin wrote:Please send me logs that contains this scenario (in which you couldn't eat the candy even though you were close to it). Also mention the date & time of the drive.

This happened to me yesterday at 5.40pm BST, managed a screenshot and logs were uploaded just a moment ago.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349942150.995838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349942150.995838.jpg (26.66 KiB) Viewed 875 times
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.2 • Waze 4.1
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby Dave2084 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 am

I'm still concerned that the new social features of this release, plus some if the old features just don't work:

Four square: cannot log in on beta if installing from scratch, if upgrading it seems to work for one check-in then you can't use it again.

Twitter: seems to work ok but again I can only log in when upgrading not when installing from scratch. Why aren't we using the iOS system wide twitter sign in?

Facebook. Older features seem to work ok, though the new v3.5 features mostly don't work;

1. Follow my ride. Seems to work ok, really like this, however the cancel follow button on the main menu is misplaced obscuring the word "Menu"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349943337.668248.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349943337.668248.jpg (27.35 KiB) Viewed 860 times

2. Pick up. Not working. Recipient gets my request for their position and sends, but it never makes it back to me.

3. Share my location. Not working, I cannot send a default Facebook share, nor can I add people or edit the location text.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349943437.451602.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349943437.451602.jpg (13.26 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Last thing, the UK fuel brand data seems to be different than in WME. Plus the last entry is two brands joined together:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349943437.451602.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349943437.451602.jpg (13.26 KiB) Viewed 857 times

I know it's outside of the scope of this beta, but for countries that manage their own AMs can we restrict wiki pages and the brands list so that not just anyone can make edits or add (non existent) brands.
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.2 • Waze 4.1
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing