perlin wrote:[*]What do you think about the sign-up flow?
I've found some sign-up/login flow issues to look into.
1. Clear app data.
2. Open Waze. Get the EULA, accept.
3. View the sign-in page, and click 'Sign in with Facebook'.
4. Exit out of the popup you get, without actually signing in or doing anything.
5. You start getting a spinning 'Please Wait...' forever. You can dismiss it by hitting the 'Back arrow' button on the phone, but this is not intuitive, and probably shouldn't do that in the first place. If you fail to log in (whether because you don't try, or don't succeed), there should be a fail case that just brings you back to the sign-in page quietly without looking like the app barfed.
1. Clear app data, open app, view the sign-in page. Click the 'Other' button.
2. (Optional) Put 'something' in both the username and password fields, and click 'Sign in'. You will get the error, 'Login Failed: Wrong login - Please verify login details are accurate'. You don't have to do this step, however. Doing this fails gracefully. Step 3 is where the errors happen.
3. Leave either the 'Username' or 'Password' fields blank, or leave BOTH blank. Now click 'Sign in'. All three cases cause:
4. You will get the popup, 'Login details are missing. You must have a valid username and password.'
5. From this point on, the Waze Sign In button is wedged, and no longer works. Even if you now put a valid username and password in the blanks, you can't get 'Sign in' to actuate. The only way to fix this is with the back arrow, to go back to the main sign on screen. THEN go back to this screen and you can try to log in again.
Here's a flow problem that can cause a user not to get their favorites imported...ever, without clearing data and starting from scratch, as far as I know.
1. Clear app, open app, view the sign-in page. Click the 'Other' button.
2a. Click 'Skip'. (The user actually does have a Waze account, but hit the wrong button by mistake. Or maybe they're impatient and can't be bothered with it right now.)
2b. Instead of clicking 'Skip', the user clicks 'Join', THEN 'Skip'. Same thing is going to happen, except using the phone's back arrow goes to 'Your details' instead of the 'New to Waze?' screen.
3. Here's where it gets interesting. Either skip path gets to the screen, 'You can personalize your account from...'
. The only displayed
option in this screen is 'Close', dumping you into the map. You can use the phone's back arrow to go back into the login flow, but there is no 'Back' button for it. It "Looks" like it's now too late to log in. 'Back' and 'Close' should be the two buttons visible on this screen if it's 'not too late to go back and log in', and the 'back' arrow shouldn't work if it IS too late. In any event, once you reach this screen...
4. Even if you go back into login or just go to the map and log in with a Waze account later - your map favorites will not ever be imported
. This screen is like the kiss of death. Get here, and your favorites won't pull in because it's not in the flow anymore. The only option I know of to 'fix' this would be erase Waze app data and start over.
The 'Your Details' create account page has the options
a. Create a new account and click 'Next'
b. Click the back arrow on the phone, which DOES bring me back to the 'Other login' screen, gracefully, and login proceeds normally (the 'Wait, I didn't want to be here but I want to log in! case)...
c. Click Skip, which has the problems I described above - you no longer can log in now and may not get your favorites if you DO, later.
I suggest turning the 'Skip' button on the 'Join/Your Details' page into a 'Back' button, so that b. and the button where c. is do the same thing. From the 'New to Waze?' screen, a user can still skip logging in if that's what they want to do.