(70.99 KiB) Downloaded 954 times

and it's gone here:
monsterno.jpg
No monster
(71.42 KiB) Downloaded 955 times
EulerAlves

Sv: Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Postby markuskallander » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:20 pm

It's still calculating bad routes. I do not get the incorrect route over water in the web client.

Markus, Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.1.2

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1350739233296.jpg
(96.98 KiB) Downloaded 846 times
markuskallander

Still too big for small screens

Postby EulerAlves » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:39 pm

This beta is still too big for small screens. I can't report anymore.

bigeng.jpg
Dropdown hiding buttons
(58.42 KiB) Downloaded 955 times

The buttons that work are off the screen.

buttonsout.jpg
Buttons out of screen
(74.4 KiB) Downloaded 954 times
buttonspolice.jpg
Almost not possible to use
(64.4 KiB) Downloaded 955 times

My phone: LG-E400 (LG Optimus L3)
Android: 2.3.6; Kernel: 2.6.38.6-perf; Build: GRK39F
Last edited by EulerAlves on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EulerAlves

Sign-up flow issues

Postby skbun » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:24 am

perlin wrote:[*]What do you think about the sign-up flow?

I've found some sign-up/login flow issues to look into.
1. Clear app data.
2. Open Waze. Get the EULA, accept.
3. View the sign-in page, and click 'Sign in with Facebook'.
4. Exit out of the popup you get, without actually signing in or doing anything.
5. You start getting a spinning 'Please Wait...' forever. You can dismiss it by hitting the 'Back arrow' button on the phone, but this is not intuitive, and probably shouldn't do that in the first place. If you fail to log in (whether because you don't try, or don't succeed), there should be a fail case that just brings you back to the sign-in page quietly without looking like the app barfed.

Here's another:
1. Clear app data, open app, view the sign-in page. Click the 'Other' button.
2. (Optional) Put 'something' in both the username and password fields, and click 'Sign in'. You will get the error, 'Login Failed: Wrong login - Please verify login details are accurate'. You don't have to do this step, however. Doing this fails gracefully. Step 3 is where the errors happen.
3. Leave either the 'Username' or 'Password' fields blank, or leave BOTH blank. Now click 'Sign in'. All three cases cause:
4. You will get the popup, 'Login details are missing. You must have a valid username and password.'
5. From this point on, the Waze Sign In button is wedged, and no longer works. Even if you now put a valid username and password in the blanks, you can't get 'Sign in' to actuate. The only way to fix this is with the back arrow, to go back to the main sign on screen. THEN go back to this screen and you can try to log in again.

Here's a flow problem that can cause a user not to get their favorites imported...ever, without clearing data and starting from scratch, as far as I know.
1. Clear app, open app, view the sign-in page. Click the 'Other' button.
2a. Click 'Skip'. (The user actually does have a Waze account, but hit the wrong button by mistake. Or maybe they're impatient and can't be bothered with it right now.)
2b. Instead of clicking 'Skip', the user clicks 'Join', THEN 'Skip'. Same thing is going to happen, except using the phone's back arrow goes to 'Your details' instead of the 'New to Waze?' screen.
3. Here's where it gets interesting. Either skip path gets to the screen, 'You can personalize your account from...'. The only displayed option in this screen is 'Close', dumping you into the map. You can use the phone's back arrow to go back into the login flow, but there is no 'Back' button for it. It "Looks" like it's now too late to log in. 'Back' and 'Close' should be the two buttons visible on this screen if it's 'not too late to go back and log in', and the 'back' arrow shouldn't work if it IS too late. In any event, once you reach this screen...
4. Even if you go back into login or just go to the map and log in with a Waze account later - your map favorites will not ever be imported. This screen is like the kiss of death. Get here, and your favorites won't pull in because it's not in the flow anymore. The only option I know of to 'fix' this would be erase Waze app data and start over.

The 'Your Details' create account page has the options
a. Create a new account and click 'Next'
b. Click the back arrow on the phone, which DOES bring me back to the 'Other login' screen, gracefully, and login proceeds normally (the 'Wait, I didn't want to be here but I want to log in! case)...
c. Click Skip, which has the problems I described above - you no longer can log in now and may not get your favorites if you DO, later.
I suggest turning the 'Skip' button on the 'Join/Your Details' page into a 'Back' button, so that b. and the button where c. is do the same thing. From the 'New to Waze?' screen, a user can still skip logging in if that's what they want to do.
skbun

Re: Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:02 am

deeggo wrote:[quote="Spil]This is true; however, if you do a clean reinstall, when your history/favorites data is re-imported from the server, it will have the old names and the old order, rather than the new names and order that you've set manually in the history file. :?
[/quote]
Always keep a backup of that file and put it back after clean install.[/quote]

True.
By the way, any idea what is the full syntax for saving favourites in the history file? If you look there you may notice there are empty fields between , and a true value at the end.
Is it possible even to save a ##@ code at all? So far I could not make it work.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares

Re: Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:23 pm

perlin wrote:
deeggo wrote:When using Waze in landscape, hit the phone's home button to minimize Waze. Then maximize Waze again by choosing it in the active applications menu. That will bring Waze to the foreground in portrait. There's no way to reset landscape again, except for closing and restarting Waze.

Does it happen while your phone is placed in a car dock?

Both in car holder and while holding in my hand. Happens 100% of time.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Map favorites nickname clash causes data loss

Postby pvaladares » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:06 pm

davboc wrote:* If there actually is a way to edit a favorite's name, I don't know what it is?

You may edit the history file

pvaladares

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 pm

pvaladares wrote:
ckojam wrote:7. Taking a call or responding to a text message will force Waze to restart. This is the problem even on stable versions on different Android phones. On the Iphone it goes back immediately.

This is not a problem on my phone because my carrier is T-Mobile.
Den_in_USA

Postby pvaladares » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 pm

ckojam wrote:7. Taking a call or responding to a text message will force Waze to restart. This is the problem even on stable versions on different Android phones. On the Iphone it goes back immediately.

I confirm this.
Today while using Waze, I received a call but the turn instructions from Waze were muting the ring tone.
It should work the other way.

pvaladares

Postby greby » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:33 pm

elaldeano wrote:I would love to have an option to modify/re-order the favourites. I don't want to delete old addresses to make place of new ones and it is not convenient to have to access all favourites and scroll down to look for your new addition. Also, I had to delete my work address to put a new one but I don't have an option to add the new address now that it's gone. help? thanks

Good notice. Editing my favorites names and also the position in the list is my biggest wish from time I started to use Waze. PLEASE do the favorite list more user friendly. Yank you

Odesláno z mého GT-I9100 pomocí Tapatalk 2
greby

Next

Return to App Beta Testing