Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth, bextein

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Postby skbun » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:39 am

If a user report fails to go through (I did send a couple log dumps to Waze shortly after this happened to me, FWIW), you get the following dialog after the 'Sending report' spinning wheel for almost a minute:

'User report failed to send. Please resend later.'

This isn't really a good response to a report send failure message, because:
* User reports log a user's GPS location when the 'report' button is touched, and,
* When this error appears, the request appears to fall into a black hole and is gone forever. You don't get the icon on the side of the map allowing you to click and re-send (as you would if you hit the 'later' button.), so 're-sending' is genuinely impossible, because you're not at the same GPS location anymore.

Suggest this error either be:
'User report failed to send. Your network may be experiencing problems.' (Or whatever reasonable explanation...)
'User report failed to send. It will be automatically re-sent later.' (If this is what it does!)

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

Postby autourdupc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:50 am

skbun wrote:If a user report fails to go through (I did send a couple log dumps to Waze shortly after this happened to me, FWIW), you get the following dialog after the 'Sending report' spinning wheel for almost a minute:

'User report failed to send. Please resend later.'

This isn't really a good response to a report send failure message, because:
* User reports log a user's GPS location when the 'report' button is touched, and,
* When this error appears, the request appears to fall into a black hole and is gone forever. You don't get the icon on the side of the map allowing you to click and re-send (as you would if you hit the 'later' button.), so 're-sending' is genuinely impossible, because you're not at the same GPS location anymore.

Suggest this error either be:
'User report failed to send. Your network may be experiencing problems.' (Or whatever reasonable explanation...)
'User report failed to send. It will be automatically re-sent later.' (If this is what it does!)

+1
This was already requested but not implemented.
I think the second idea is the best, of course !
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby ukume » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:24 pm

En la version español sale Ve en vez de Ir, para la opcion GO
ImageImage
County Manager España y Andorra.
Global Champ, Experto en Redes sociales de España, Beta Tester, Traductor.
Image Ukume Información Meetup aquí
ukume
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Had an interesting interaction with another Android app that I installed last night. I wanted a SMS reader app so that I could "hear" any text messages that I got while driving. So I installed SMS Reader by Braun Android. It worked great last night when I tested it out. This morning, however, I noticed that when navigating to work, I had no Waze navigation voice prompt. Then after about 20 minutes, my phone did a reboot and returned to my desktop screen. I started Waze again and it remembered that I was navigating to work, still no voice prompt. I uninstalled the SMS Reader as soon as I got to work.

Update: I reinstalled the SMS Reader to see why it seemed to affect Waze voice prompts. To get Waze to work I needed to increase the "sound" level in Waze "setup" from half way up to maximum. Now I need to see if the new SMS Reader App is causing phone reboots when I navigate in Waze.
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Postby autourdupc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Some users complaints that on the pop-up alert for speed-camera the button "Not here" is too big and it is very easy to tap on it by error , especially when we need to close it rapidly because we need to watch the entire screen !
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby wimdelange » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Autourdupc wrote:Some users complaints that on the pop-up alert for speed-camera the button "Not here" is too big and it is very easy to tap on it by error , especially when we need to close it rapidly because we need to watch the entire screen !
+1
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Autourdupc wrote:Some users complaints that on the pop-up alert for speed-camera the button "Not here" is too big and it is very easy to tap on it by error , especially when we need to close it rapidly because we need to watch the entire screen !

I say forget the popup completely. I get a series of blue circles where Waze says the camera is located. We cound just press on that blue circle to bring up a popup to report that the camera is no longer there.
Den_in_USA

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Postby pvaladares » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 pm

ckojam wrote:7. Taking a call or responding to a text message will force Waze to restart. This is the problem even on stable versions on different Android phones. On the Iphone it goes back immediately.

I confirm this.
Today while using Waze, I received a call but the turn instructions from Waze were muting the ring tone.
It should work the other way.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
ImageImageImageImage
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 pm

pvaladares wrote:
ckojam wrote:7. Taking a call or responding to a text message will force Waze to restart. This is the problem even on stable versions on different Android phones. On the Iphone it goes back immediately.

This is not a problem on my phone because my carrier is T-Mobile.
Den_in_USA

Postby elixdreamer » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:43 pm

some few bugs and language problems i came across last few days :)

Language -> Dutch
ImageImageImageImageImage

An the bug i came across is when having everything in mute on waze and send everything to speaker set "on". There are a few ,not all, camera or traffic reports that are getting true the mute system. So it isn't realy muting. some msg get true.

the other thing i came across is recently to today. I saw that was activate for "Fuel" (i'm in belgium) so this is new. I get the msg "Could not find nearby gas stations". Is this because it's new or is there a bug behind it?

Somthing else. When pushing on some user that are on the map. The mood isn't the same as in popup.
ImageImageImage

I hope i have contributed to any problems getting solved. Sorry for maybe double posting a topic if it is already mentioned.
elixdreamer

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing