Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Postby ukume » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:24 pm

En la version español sale Ve en vez de Ir, para la opcion GO
ImageImage
County Manager España y Andorra.
Global Champ, Experto en Redes sociales de España, Beta Tester, Traductor.
ukume
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby vo502 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Installed over previus beta, crash when quiting, with the close button, the screen turns black, only the 2 button remains visible, neither the back or home buttons work, after a while the wait/force buttons apears

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2
Area Manager: CA-9-Cempro, Guatemala; San Marcos, San Marcos, Guatemala.
Waze 3.7.7.0 Android on Nexus 7 +58K KM
Image ImageImage Image
vo502

Postby Wajo357 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:22 pm

The gold and the bronze moods look exactly the same on my Droid Charge.
Area Manager: New York / New Jersey (in USA)
Wajo357

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:50 pm

2 things for me:

1) I see you've implemented the parking icon to drop at the GPS coordinates and not the closest roads, as I mentioned in the last BETA thread. Thanks! However, if the car is still locked to the closest road and the parked icon is at the GPS point, how is a person supposed to find his way back to his car in a large parking lot? He will see himself pretty far from his actual location.

2) I keep on adding favorites but the new one keeps on overiding the old last one. I have installed Betas on top of each other, so it is not a fresh release. All tests have been with roads that are parking lot roads (recently my kid's school parking lot segment favorite got deleted when I added a Costco parking lot segment favorite).
Wajo357

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:28 pm

perlin wrote:
Wajo357 wrote:I keep on adding favorites but the new one keeps on overiding the old last one. I have installed Betas on top of each other, so it is not a fresh release. All tests have been with roads that are parking lot roads (recently my kid's school parking lot segment favorite got deleted when I added a Costco parking lot segment favorite).

Do you save them with the same name?

no
Wajo357

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.117 Feedback thread

Postby Wajo357 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Superfraggle wrote:
Wajo357 wrote:
2) I keep on adding favorites but the new one keeps on overiding the old last one. I have installed Betas on top of each other, so it is not a fresh release. All tests have been with roads that are parking lot roads (recently my kid's school parking lot segment favorite got deleted when I added a Costco parking lot segment favorite).

This is an old bug, you can't have more than one favorite if the road is an unnamed segment. Two solutions: move the favorite to a named road. Or name the road.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the info. I just read your post 5 seconds after I deleted Waze from my phone to do a clean install. lol. Please have this bug fixed asap since most of my favorites are stores/places that have parking lots and I save the parking lot segment that gets me to the right location.
Wajo357

Postby Wajo357 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:43 pm

ok.. After doing a clean reinstall I noticed a few things:

1) My monster icon doesn't come back.
2) My settings wasn't transferred.
3) My favorites that kept on getting deleted (see previous post), all came back. So they were saved online.
4) The new facebook screen in the beginning says "login using facebook" and "other". I'm not too sure how obvious it is to people to do a regular login with "other".
5) When logging in using facebook, my nickname is my first name, not my regular nickname. After a few minutes of playing around with the settings it changed back. I'm not sure how it happened.
Wajo357

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:15 pm

elaldeano wrote:I would love to have an option to modify/re-order the favourites. I don't want to delete old addresses to make place of new ones and it is not convenient to have to access all favourites and scroll down to look for your new addition. Also, I had to delete my work address to put a new one but I don't have an option to add the new address now that it's gone. help? thanks

It is easy to reorder favorites in iOS. Navigate -> Favorites -> Edit then drag to the order you want. Does this functionality not exist on Android?

You add Work the same way you would add any other favorite. Just name it "Work".
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Den_in_USA wrote:I have had no problems navigating to local addresses, however when I typed in a cross country address it was not recognized. Then I did a navigate to just the zip code of 31322 (Georgia) and still nothing. Is there a maximum distance that you can navigate to?

Yes, 800 to 1,000 miles. Waze is designed as a daily commuting app, not a general GPS. Therefore you are limited to what you can reasonably drive in a single day.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby wimdelange » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Looks good. The first thing I try is the configuration menu. What I notice is that in the Screen menu )2D / 3D) and the Modus menu (Auto/ night/day) there is no button in the menu which shows which choice is active. Which looks a little bit strange. Some popups has a check button, but some has not.

Where did the Test color scheme go? Liked that. Is it an idea if you select a scheme that a picture is shown how it looks like. Now I must return to the main screen before I see it.

I could not find the night scheme's as promised in the announcement.

In the Yours account info, it is translated (in Dutch) as "Jou account" That is bad Dutch. It should be "Je account" or "Jouw account".

Like the layout in the share menu. But when I share my my drive I got again that Waze has stopped as in the previous betas. But to my surprise it restarted automatically. Ok, better then nothing. I've send the log files around 21:10 local time.
When I take a look at the shared drive, the screen looks good, but the waze logo is not the monster logo ;-) (not really important, but I'm proud of my monster mode).

In the announcement it is stated that I can choose monster mode. But that is not in the list. Is this because it already active?

Like the layout of the buttons in the main menu. The less needed ones are not in view if there is no need of them. The importans ones (Close down/afsluiten) are there.
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing