Android beta 3.4.99.125 Feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.125 Feedback thread

Postby crazed_out » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:16 am

crazed_out wrote:I can't get this version of the beta to give me a position at all. I'm using a HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5 and something seems to be prompting Waze to turn off the GPS every minute if it hasn't accuired a GPS position. This seems to med to be a strange behaviour with a technology that in it's most basic form needs 12 minutes to send and receive a full stream of data from satellite to receiver. The result is in any case that I don't get a GPS position in Waze without using another program to accuire the GPS position. It doesn't help that I live in Sweden a country so far north that we at best get a medium GPS satellite coverage.

I'm reverting to the last stable version (Google Play) and wait for the next beta-version to turn up hopefully better at accuiring a GPS position. This was an issue for me using the 117 beta as well.

Cheers
crazed_out

Last night I borrowed my wifes phone: Samsung Galaxy Note and none of the above is true for that phone. Tomorrow going back to work after the weekend I will try to get a hold of another HTC Desire HD and see if my earlier problem translates to that phone as well. I'm starting to guess that the GPS chip somehow is the culprit. Getting back on the matter as soon as I can.

Cheers
crazed_out
Area Manager in Sweden, parts of Västra Götaland (West Sweden).
Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7105 (4.1.2 stock) | Volvo 850 T5 -96 med +25000mil | Nissan Micra -04 10000mil
crazed_out

Postby crazycomputingdotnet » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:17 pm

On both devices in night mode the edges of the roads especially the major ones, they look like moving ants.
crazycomputingdotnet
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davboc » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:11 pm

I continue to write the same thing in all beta discussions from March: waze can't save more than one unnamed street in the favorites
Waze beta 3.5.0.105--Samsung Galaxy S2--Android 4.0.3
davboc

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.125 Feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:01 pm

MrMischief wrote:On my Motorola Droid X on Android 2.3.4 connected to a Motorola car dock in landscape, if I change to another app then come back to Waze, the map has changed to portrait. I haven't played with it much but so far the only way I've found to get the map back to landscape is to close and reopen waze. Big PITA for me as I frequently leave Waze momentarily to rate songs on Pandora.

I have exactly the same issue, had it also on the previous beta 117.

Sometimes, when closing Waze, it doesn't really close. It gives a black screen, with just the two lower buttons visible. Nothing will be able to revive it, need to close the app through the android app menu. I've sent logs of this many times.

I agree with others that the navigation bar is way to big in landscape, takes too much screen.

As I've said in other beta threads, when a traffic event will popup upon standing still for a traffic light, it will hide the event on the map, in landscape. Please make the info popup appear at the left and the event on map at the right of the screen.
Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One X | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Now I've experienced the client becoming mostly not responsive. The following was the case:
I could pan the map
I could hit the menu and the report button
I could zoom in and out on the map by pinching
I could not make the zoom in/out buttons and the face-north button appear by hitting the map once.
I could not get any information to popup from the map, so no infobubble when clicking on a Wazer, no road event popup when clicking on a hazard, accident, traffic jam report or chit chat.

I've send logs at 18:22 GMT+2 in exactly that client state. After that closed and restarted the app and all was fine again.
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.125 Feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:09 pm

deeggo wrote:Sometimes, when closing Waze, it doesn't really close. It gives a black screen, with just the two lower buttons visible. Nothing will be able to revive it, need to close the app through the android app menu. I've sent logs of this many times.

Just to add a screenshot of this, reoccurring today:
uploadfromtaptalk1351436977403.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351436977403.jpg (24.35 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm

It has happened often in a session, that I get only an audible warning for a speed cam or red light cam, no popup that uses to come with it. After closing and restarting the app, typically this problem will have disappeared.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.125 Feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Telempe wrote:The new version changes at random landscape mode to portrait and stays there. Restart fixes it for some time.

Maybe you have the same problem as this one:
deeggo wrote:
MrMischief wrote:On my Motorola Droid X on Android 2.3.4 connected to a Motorola car dock in landscape, if I change to another app then come back to Waze, the map has changed to portrait. I haven't played with it much but so far the only way I've found to get the map back to landscape is to close and reopen waze. Big PITA for me as I frequently leave Waze momentarily to rate songs on Pandora.

I have exactly the same issue, had it also on the previous beta 117.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Den_in_USA » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:04 pm

No problems installing. Noticed that the small Waze icon in the top left task bar is now white on gray, (same thing when viewed in "notifications") dificult to see. The "Locate" button in the bottom left corner of the screen stills remains after Waze "centers" my location. (Also, I noticed that if you are off center on your location, you can center your location by pressing the "back" button on your phone). All of my navigation favorites have been saved. All of my other settings in "settings" have be saved. Will try navigating home after work today. Logged into my Twitter account on Waze, it correctly posts my arrival time on Twitter.
Last edited by Den_in_USA on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Stupid question: How do I insert a screenshot file?
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing