Android beta 3.4.99.126 Feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.126 Feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:50 am

Hi,

I'm still experiencing the annoying landscape-to-portrait bug: when using Waze in landscape, then hitting the Android home button, then re-maximizing Waze from the active applications, Waze will only work in portrait mode, although the device being in landscape. Only closing and restarting Waze will fix this. Also I've discovered the following: in this same forced-portrait state: I cannot click on road events on the map anymore to open the popup. So, I cannot click on a traffic jam, hazard, accident or police on the map to see what it's about. I can click on other Wazers though to get their popup. This bug is very annoying, since I always use Waze in landscape (my car dock doesn't do portrait) and do switch other applications to the foreground often, which triggers this behaviour. Please address this prior to releasing. This has only been present in the 117, 125 and 126 betas and not before that, so it shouldn't be so hard to find out what change causes this and reverse it.

The other Wazers popups often float out of the screen. This is especially the case in landscape mode, they practically always float out of the screen or at least underneath the navigation bar, making them unreadable. That navigation bar is still taking to much screen space in landscape. Please move the next turn's street name to the right of the distance to that turn, instead of the distance on top and the street name below it. There's a lot of room there and it makes perfect sense to put things next to each other in stead of on top of each other in landscape mode.

The road event popup (whether triggered automatically at standstill or being clicked on in the reports menu) still overlays the map, making it impossible to see the event and surrounding situation on the map. Please move the popup to the left and the centered map location to the right of the screen. It doesn't make sense to use a vertical orientation of things in landscape, do it horizontally, that's where the unused screen space is.

I guess in general I'm saying, give us landscape users a little bit more love please ;-) Many things are great in portrait, but need a little attention or adaptation on landscape.

The client seems a little bit more stable in the background. However reading an e-mail, opening Facebook and making a phone call was enough to make the Android kernel kill it with its current OOM value. Logs sent at 10:33 GMT+1.

Start menu is bigger in both portrait and landscape, which is great. Except, in portrait sometimes it just isn't. Sometimes it reverts back to it's old smaller size, as shown in this picture. I don't know what triggers this.
uploadfromtaptalk1351504167728.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351504167728.jpg (79.9 KiB) Viewed 984 times

The speed cam popup still is lost sometimes. Then only a spoken warning for the speed cam (or red light cam) is issued. No popup. Restarting the app will fix this, but it happens often.

I've tested the pickup feature in the previous 125 version. It worked great, as expected.

HTC One X, stock Android 4.0.4
Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One X | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Android beta 3.4.99.126 Feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am

deeggo wrote:I'm still experiencing the annoying landscape-to-portrait bug: when using Waze in landscape, then hitting the Android home button, then re-maximizing Waze from the active applications, Waze will only work in portrait mode, although the device being in landscape. Only closing and restarting Waze will fix this. Also I've discovered the following: in this same forced-portrait state: I cannot click on road events on the map anymore to open the popup. So, I cannot click on a traffic jam, hazard, accident or police on the map to see what it's about. I can click on other Wazers though to get their popup. This bug is very annoying, since I always use Waze in landscape (my car dock doesn't do portrait) and do switch other applications to the foreground often, which triggers this behaviour. Please address this prior to releasing. This has only been present in the 117, 125 and 126 betas and not before that, so it shouldn't be so hard to find out what change causes this and reverse it.

I can now say that this has been totally solved by removing Waze with its cache and sd folder and a fresh install after that. So something was left behind from previous versions causing that problem. Anyway, I'm happy!

I did forget to mention that the splash screen is still in portrait, even if my Android home screen is landscape. The same goes voor ios BTW.
Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One X | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Den_in_USA » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:21 pm

No problems with install. However, this version is unusable for me. When I stop and the multiple popups appear, it now never returns to my actual position. I am going back to version .125 until another update.
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2
Den_in_USA

Postby enhket » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:18 am

ill test it
Christopher Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8
enhket
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby gth33 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:58 pm

I went to do a map chat today, and when I placed my cursor inside the box (in preparation to type), I instead decided to press the microphone key right next to it and immediately got a notice "Message limit reached" - this popped up at the bottom of the screen before even the microphone feature could even come on and nothing had been entered into the map chat text box at all. I am running a Samsung Galaxy S III non-rooted. Hope this helps. Plz contact me if need more details. :D
gth33

Postby henslok » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Installed okay, and let me guess: it changed from miles yo km again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
henslok

Postby mochrul » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 am

ryanh85 wrote:When i except the location of when I am picking someone up I loose the menu button and never get a trail to follow or sometimes directions.

About loosing the menu button. I tested that if the menu button have to change (because of pick-up or you hide your position) the button is disappear. You can go to the menu if you press the hard menu button (if you have) or if you press the window where the button should be. And if you press the missing place of the menu button, the button will be appeared.
Hardware: LG Optimus 4X HD (Telenor), Android 4.1.2 (stock)
Software: Waze 3.5.β
Area Manager: Between Bicske and Budapest (inclusive) and Szerencs (Hungary)
Car: Ford C-MAX (blue)
mochrul
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby mochrul » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:10 am

At the first use of the waze (after upgrade to this version) the waze hard-locked. After a time have killed with the pop-up window. I sent the lock after I restarted the program (the program not recognised that something bad happened)
Hardware: LG Optimus 4X HD (Telenor), Android 4.1.2 (stock)
Software: Waze 3.5.β
Area Manager: Between Bicske and Budapest (inclusive) and Szerencs (Hungary)
Car: Ford C-MAX (blue)
mochrul
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Android beta 3.4.99.126 Feedback thread

Postby perlin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:08 pm

For registered users only!

Link: http://bit.ly/Ybmpsq

Hi guys,

This beta is not much different from the previous one, but contains a few important fixes in the pickup feature.
Please pay special attention to this feature and test it as much as you can. Send requests to your friends and family, test it on the way to work or just play with it to see if it's working. Our main change has been made on the push notifications, so check if you always get them after sending a pickup request (send to both Android & iPhone users).
Also pay attention to stability and write us of any crash you're having.

We appreciate your help!

What's fixed
Stability issues
Pickup issues
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:34 pm

gth33 wrote:I went to do a map chat today, and when I placed my cursor inside the box (in preparation to type), I instead decided to press the microphone key right next to it and immediately got a notice "Message limit reached" - this popped up at the bottom of the screen before even the microphone feature could even come on and nothing had been entered into the map chat text box at all.

Known issue. Currently it's not possible to send reports using the mic.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing