Android beta 3.4.99.126 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.126 Feedback thread

Postby perlin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 pm

wimdelange wrote:Not sure what happened, but when I drove to home, I saw the finish flag on the correct location, but Waze was telling me to drive to a location a 100 meter to the south. Even when I was in the segment before my home, it was telling to to that wrong location. I'll check the maps, but as far as I know there was no INTL map update this weekend? Or was it.

Nope, map looks fine. Hope that it is not the client? Anything I can do when it happens again?

Next time please provide screenshots that illustrates the problem. Thanks.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby RobertB-dc » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:24 pm

During the first part of my commute, while I was still in my neighborhood, the app told me "Hazard Reported Ahead" -- every time I stopped at a stop sign. Strangely, this behavior went away when I got on a freeway.

It also got "stuck" at the "recalculating" (Waze icons chasing each other) popup. After a minute, I hit the Back button, and my route was correctly calculated.

"Feature" that has been in the app from the start that is really annoying: the app tries to route me off the freeway, onto a frontage road, and then right back onto the freeway. That's not bad by itself, of course. But when the freeway clears up, Waze can't figure out that I deviated from the suggested course. I think it interprets the input as "vehicle moving 70mph along exits and frontage road", so of course it keeps routing other Wazers down the frontage road! I wish there was a one-touch feature to tell Waze "I'm not where you think I am, recalculate my position".
Device specs: Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G on T-Mobile, all-stock (not rooted).
RobertB-dc

Postby ryanh85 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:50 am

When i except the location of when I am picking someone up I loose the menu button and never get a trail to follow or sometimes directions. This screenshot at least shows 2 of the 3 problems.

Waze.jpeg
Waze.jpeg (194.26 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
Columbus, Ohio, US
Samsung S5, Android 5.0
Waze beta tester 3.9.4.0 (or latest beta)
ryanh85
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby wimdelange » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Not sure what happened, but when I drove to home, I saw the finish flag on the correct location, but Waze was telling me to drive to a location a 100 meter to the south. Even when I was in the segment before my home, it was telling to to that wrong location. I'll check the maps, but as far as I know there was no INTL map update this weekend? Or was it.

Nope, map looks fine. Hope that it is not the client? Anything I can do when it happens again?
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby z00mb1e » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Installed okay, and let me guess: it changed from miles yo km again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
z00mb1e

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing