Android beta 3.4.99.126 Feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.126 Feedback thread

Postby perlin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 pm

wimdelange wrote:Not sure what happened, but when I drove to home, I saw the finish flag on the correct location, but Waze was telling me to drive to a location a 100 meter to the south. Even when I was in the segment before my home, it was telling to to that wrong location. I'll check the maps, but as far as I know there was no INTL map update this weekend? Or was it.

Nope, map looks fine. Hope that it is not the client? Anything I can do when it happens again?

Next time please provide screenshots that illustrates the problem. Thanks.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby RobertB-dc » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:24 pm

During the first part of my commute, while I was still in my neighborhood, the app told me "Hazard Reported Ahead" -- every time I stopped at a stop sign. Strangely, this behavior went away when I got on a freeway.

It also got "stuck" at the "recalculating" (Waze icons chasing each other) popup. After a minute, I hit the Back button, and my route was correctly calculated.

"Feature" that has been in the app from the start that is really annoying: the app tries to route me off the freeway, onto a frontage road, and then right back onto the freeway. That's not bad by itself, of course. But when the freeway clears up, Waze can't figure out that I deviated from the suggested course. I think it interprets the input as "vehicle moving 70mph along exits and frontage road", so of course it keeps routing other Wazers down the frontage road! I wish there was a one-touch feature to tell Waze "I'm not where you think I am, recalculate my position".
Device specs: Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G on T-Mobile, all-stock (not rooted).
RobertB-dc

Postby ryanh85 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:50 am

When i except the location of when I am picking someone up I loose the menu button and never get a trail to follow or sometimes directions. This screenshot at least shows 2 of the 3 problems.

Waze.jpeg
Waze.jpeg (194.26 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
South of Dayton, Ohio, US
Verizon Droid Razr, CM11, Waze 3.7.7.997
ryanh85

Postby wimdelange » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Not sure what happened, but when I drove to home, I saw the finish flag on the correct location, but Waze was telling me to drive to a location a 100 meter to the south. Even when I was in the segment before my home, it was telling to to that wrong location. I'll check the maps, but as far as I know there was no INTL map update this weekend? Or was it.

Nope, map looks fine. Hope that it is not the client? Anything I can do when it happens again?
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby xteejx » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:43 am

Still some problems with the pick up feature. It does work, but the time between checks with the server is too long. It should be a minute at the longest. Especially when picking up people nearby for work.
Either that, or it doesn't work and it was just by chance that playing with the UI made waze eventually dial home and check these push messages for a pickup update...

Also, if a route is set, and then you receive the confirmed pickup request, the final destination is the pickup, at which point, navigation stops. Waze should add it as a stop. You shouldn't have to pick up and set the route again.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing