iOS beta 3.4.99.29 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Strange Parking Lot Labels

Postby andrewkjs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 am

jasonh300 wrote:I don't believe this has been addressed yet from the last beta, so I'll post it again

What's with the strange locations of the [P] parking lot symbols, and the strange names you see when you click on them?

There's one in the median of the expressway across from my office that says "Poppie's Car" and I saw one last week on the side of the road and tapped on it and it said "Cab 152"...there was a taxi parked there, but it wasn't #152.

I assume these are on some uneditable layer like the gas stations, but where is this info coming from?

I'm not sure if it's the same as the NA server (and with the beta version), but here on INTL (3.5 app store version)I think that the parking lots symbols (the ones that show up when you're nearing your destination) are gathered from Foursquare. They match some of the Foursquare locations that I found, but none of the Waze parking lot landmarks.
Area Manager: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Waze Malaysia: FB | G+ | Forum | Wiki (work in progress)
andrewkjs
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: iOS beta 3.4.99.29 feedback thread

Postby Dave2084 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:10 pm

jasonh300 wrote:Also, there is no way to reply to private messages that come up in the inbox. I got one yesterday from someone who isn't on my friends list, and it didn't pop up on the screen, I assume because I had already shut it down, and there is no reply button or any other option.

If you open a message and click on the users real name (not sure if yo get this for non "Friends") it will try and connect to Facebook to message them. The problem is it's asking me to sign into Facebook again ... so much for single sign on!
IMG_1871.PNG
IMG_1871.PNG (31.48 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

If you sign in to this screen it takes me to my OWN Facebook page.
iPhone 4S 32GB (Jailed) • iOS 7.1.0 • Waze 3.7.9.922 Beta
Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • iPhone Expert
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:54 pm

The roundabout turn number is still off-centre, I think it is an issue that maybe only affects countries that drive on the correct side of the road? (i.e. the left) ;)
IMG_1873.PNG
IMG_1873.PNG (77.94 KiB) Viewed 767 times

Also the amount of screen real estate used for a traffic report is huge, please can we allocate a little more of this box to the actual location of the report so it does not get truncated?
IMG_1872.PNG
IMG_1872.PNG (59.44 KiB) Viewed 767 times

Last one for today, It had been reported on the Android threads that speed camera audible alerts do not behave consistently when switching km/h and mph. As a result of this I decided to do some iOS testing of this and I can confirm that the same problem affects iOS. It may be a driving on the left or world server issue but it is real (can anyone in NA confirm this is happening to them?)

I purposely reduced the posted speed of this camera to 40km/h (25mph) for testing:

With Options setting for mph:
Approaching at 30mph gives no warning
Approaching at 40mph gives no warning
Approaching at 45mph gives an audible warning

With Options setting for km/h:
Approaching at 48km/h gives an audible warning
I will test 40km/h in the morning.

So it appears that the camera audible warning is triggered at the same speed value regardless of the units (mph or km/h). This renders the camera system even more useless than it already is, I already have to put up with being unable to see the map at all for the enormous visual warning when driving through an area that has a large number of cameras (e.g. Nottingham). I suspect outside of beta testing I'll be turning this feature off now until Waze comes up with something better.
Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • iPhone Expert
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Just thought of one more thing: Now that for the World server the scoreboard is Country/All Countries rather than State/Country can we translate the "Top weekly user in your State" to "Top weekly user in your Country"?
IMG_1874.PNG
IMG_1874.PNG (35.04 KiB) Viewed 764 times
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Dave2084 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:18 pm

I was gonna post a ton of issues and crashes this evening, went in to upload logs first and there was only one. On closer inspection it appears I'm back on 3.5 after syncing my phone ...

Why is the beta a lower version that the iTunes version it replaces? Looks like I'll be reinstalling :-(

Be careful when syncing/updating with this beta installed.
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 pm

The shut down bug is still present. And as I observed yesterday, it doesn't seem to happen until Waze has been run while the phone is on a charger. Yesterday, it was my car charger. Today, my Apple Issued wall charger.

Also, there is no way to reply to private messages that come up in the inbox. I got one yesterday from someone who isn't on my friends list, and it didn't pop up on the screen, I assume because I had already shut it down, and there is no reply button or any other option.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Dave2084 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Also, there is no way to reply to private messages that come up in the inbox. I got one yesterday from someone who isn't on my friends list, and it didn't pop up on the screen, I assume because I had already shut it down, and there is no reply button or any other option.

If you open a message and click on the users real name (not sure if yo get this for non "Friends") it will try and connect to Facebook to message them. The problem is it's asking me to sign into Facebook again ... so much for single sign on!

If you sign in to this screen it takes me to my OWN Facebook page.

In this case, it actually showed the URL to the user's facebook page, which was a clickable link, but wouldn't load.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Installed the iOS upgrade to 6.0.1 and don't see any difference.

Cupholder mode still doesn't work. The shutdown bug is still there.

(I'm not having any crashing issues.)
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Strange Parking Lot Labels

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't believe this has been addressed yet from the last beta, so I'll post it again

What's with the strange locations of the [P] parking lot symbols, and the strange names you see when you click on them?

There's one in the median of the expressway across from my office that says "Poppie's Car" and I saw one last week on the side of the road and tapped on it and it said "Cab 152"...there was a taxi parked there, but it wasn't #152.

I assume these are on some uneditable layer like the gas stations, but where is this info coming from?
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:35 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Bug: Cannot select top-scoring mood.

According to the State scoreboard in the app, I am the Top Wazer, with the little gold wazer icon next to my name. However, in the Moods menu, I am unable to select any of the top-scoring moods.

Mine automatically selected the Gold Wazer a few minutes after I installed it this morning.

I had a route I navigated today and the little black box with the ETA didn't come up. I had to stop navigating and select the destination again to get it to work.

Earlier, I noticed that the little speedometer wasn't showing, so I went into options to turn it on, and it was already set to on. So I exited the menus, and the speedometer was showing.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing