iOS beta 3.4.99.29 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth, bextein

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:02 am

Bug: The Device volume slider still has no connection to the actual device volume when output to speaker is selected.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:38 am

Along with the kitchen sink, how about adding the one-way arrows on roads in 3D mode?
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:57 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Along with the kitchen sink, how about adding the one-way arrows on roads in 3D mode?

I used 3d mode for the first time ever today, and while I liked it, I didn't find it at all useful for troubleshooting purposes from an editors standpoint. I just find that I can see a lot more detail in 2d mode and pick out errors. The lack of one way arrows is a deal killer for 3D.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: iOS beta 3.4.99.29 feedback thread

Postby sketch » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:11 am

While we're talking about arrows, are we ever gonna get arrows on the turns themselves? I know it's been a couple years since I've asked...
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Strange Parking Lot Labels

Postby andrewkjs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 am

jasonh300 wrote:I don't believe this has been addressed yet from the last beta, so I'll post it again

What's with the strange locations of the [P] parking lot symbols, and the strange names you see when you click on them?

There's one in the median of the expressway across from my office that says "Poppie's Car" and I saw one last week on the side of the road and tapped on it and it said "Cab 152"...there was a taxi parked there, but it wasn't #152.

I assume these are on some uneditable layer like the gas stations, but where is this info coming from?

I'm not sure if it's the same as the NA server (and with the beta version), but here on INTL (3.5 app store version)I think that the parking lots symbols (the ones that show up when you're nearing your destination) are gathered from Foursquare. They match some of the Foursquare locations that I found, but none of the Waze parking lot landmarks.
Area Manager: Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Waze Malaysia: FB | G+ | Forum | Wiki
andrewkjs

Re: Strange Parking Lot Labels

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:08 am

andrewkjs wrote:I'm not sure if it's the same as the NA server (and with the beta version), but here on INTL (3.5 app store version)I think that the parking lots symbols (the ones that show up when you're nearing your destination) are gathered from Foursquare. They match some of the Foursquare locations that I found, but none of the Waze parking lot landmarks.

BINGO! That's exactly what it is. I just tried to navigate to "Poppie's Car" in Waze and I as I tried each search engine, it didn't find it but when I hit the FourSquare tab, it came up.

However, it can't be found in the actual FourSquare app, so there's no way I can flag it to get rid of it.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby scarlogarcia » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:36 pm

scarlogarcia wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The close buttons (X) are generally too small and are much harder to tap to close alerts and dialog boxes than the previously-used Close button.

I said about this "x" button since the first beta for 3.5 version. Close a pop-up window is always a difficult task on iPhone 4. I can guess how impossible it may be on iPad.

Now, after the release of version 3.5 I have had complaint on forum about that difficult to close pop-ups.

I also have seen on forum complain that traffic pop-us still on screen after you star to move when one stops anywhere after begin a drive. On formers app release, after a stops, when you star to drive again we had no need to close pop-ups. It seems to be made to be difficult to close or impossible on the current release.

Since all those recent beta, finally the "x" button got working well for me. I would like to inform that finally I can close any pop-up (or mute navigation) with just one touch. I'm very pleasured with such correction. Thanks!!!!
scarlogarcia
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:As posted in the 3.5 thread, and I didn't ask during original beta: why has the data compression option been removed? Is it on all the time by default? I have noticed that it appears Waze is using more data than v3.2 for the same commute distance.

It is now always on.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:17 am

jasonh300 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Along with the kitchen sink, how about adding the one-way arrows on roads in 3D mode?

I used 3d mode for the first time ever today, and while I liked it, I didn't find it at all useful for troubleshooting purposes from an editors standpoint. I just find that I can see a lot more detail in 2d mode and pick out errors. The lack of one way arrows is a deal killer for 3D.

It will be a setting that you'll be able to decide to switch on if they'd like, which is something we'll need to work on in the future.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:39 am

Dave2084 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Also, there is no way to reply to private messages that come up in the inbox. I got one yesterday from someone who isn't on my friends list, and it didn't pop up on the screen, I assume because I had already shut it down, and there is no reply button or any other option.

If you open a message and click on the users real name (not sure if yo get this for non "Friends") it will try and connect to Facebook to message them. The problem is it's asking me to sign into Facebook again ... so much for single sign on!
IMG_1871.PNG

If you sign in to this screen it takes me to my OWN Facebook page.

Known issue. It will be fixed, but not in the near versions.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing