iOS beta 3.5.0.995 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.0.995 feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:08 pm

jasonh300 wrote:Switch off bug is still present and, unless I missed it, has not been acknowledged.

I ran my battery down to 5% last night in a meeting before I realized Waze was still running and didn't have a charger.

Sorry for not writing anything about this, but we're aware of this bug and working on a fix. This happens only when you shut-down waze and quickly turn off the screen, right?
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby pj91198 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:09 pm

This beta version can be downloaded by anyone right? I keep getting a "could not be downloaded at this time" popup
pj91198

Postby plbs76 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Glad I'm not the only one suffering from repeatable crashes. It's happening 9/10 times for me.

I see the Waze home screen
I see my location on the map briefly
And then then the whole app closes

On the rare occasion the app stays open, I get the error log report messaging asking if I want to submit an error. Whether I click submit or cancel, it mostly crashes.

Today I also noticed that the 'Report Fuel Price' icon had momentarily been replaced by the Pave icon. Weird. Next time I eventually got into the app, the 'Report Fuel Price' icon was back.

FYI I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling, and it still didn't solve the problem. Please sort soon - I'd hate to have to move away to a rival app.
plbs76

Postby RallyChris » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:39 pm

plbs76 wrote:Glad I'm not the only one suffering from repeatable crashes. It's happening 9/10 times for me.

I see the Waze home screen
I see my location on the map briefly
And then then the whole app closes

On the rare occasion the app stays open, I get the error log report messaging asking if I want to submit an error. Whether I click submit or cancel, it mostly crashes.

Today I also noticed that the 'Report Fuel Price' icon had momentarily been replaced by the Pave icon. Weird. Next time I eventually got into the app, the 'Report Fuel Price' icon was back.

FYI I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling, and it still didn't solve the problem. Please sort soon - I'd hate to have to move away to a rival app.

Any clues to what is different from your setup from the rest of us. This is the exact behavior I had up till 3.5.0.991, but mine was definitely caused by audio device plugged in via the 30 pin.

On reinstall, try not logging in and seeing if it crashes. This might point to a favorites issue.
Reinstall only while on wireless. I've seen issues for myself when I loose network connectivity during the setup steps. Also power off/on the device after uninstall to make sure that everything is freed up before the reinstall.
Try turning off bluetooth if it is on.
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
RallyChris

Postby robin1979 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:51 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I checked and verified there are no iOS crash logs available for this beta version of Waze.

Settings -> General -> About -> Diagnostics & Usage -> Diagnostics & Usage Data

They should be there - not sure when they are being synced to your computer
But, the crash logs Waze is sending from your device are actually files created using plcrashreporter - they contain a lot more debugging information.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 am

.991, .994 and .995 fixed most of the crashes for me. Still it's crashing occasionally, but not every minute anymore like the store version.

For the .995 version, I wrote the following to your dear colleague:
Had a crash yesterday at 20:18 and this morning at 08:40, both similar to the crashes I experience in the store version, logs sent.
Another crash yesterday at 23:48 (all times local), right after installing - but this one is different from the others, you might want to have a look.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:44 am

perlin wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:[list][*]"Passenger, OK" confirmation box: The X is equivalent to the "OK" button and not the "Passenger" button. Is that the expected behavior?

Yes, we want users to really confirm that they're passengers when they choose to type while they drive.

Better remove the 'X' from that dialog box then - I agree it's confusing.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby robin1979 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 am

MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

iOS beta 3.5.0.995 feedback thread

Postby scarlogarcia » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Just had an installation crash. Logs sent.

Enviado por celular.
scarlogarcia
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
  • When I search a family name and scroll over to Contacts, before selecting anything I get this popup.
    1. This shouldn't pop up until I've selected something
    2. There should be 1 dialog box mentioning 1000 miles, so it appears there is still another incorrect dialog box or the data being fed to this one is incorrect.
      IMG_0103.PNG

I've been getting this a lot. I agree that it shouldn't pop up until something's been selected.

Is there still a hard limit on route length? I remember it was 200 mi years ago, increased to 1000 mi some time ago, but I used Waze for an 1100+ mile drive last month...
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing