Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby darkneon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 pm

ekngee wrote:How does Waze calculate sunrise and sunset, so that it knows when you change from day to night mode, and vice versa?

If I start driving before sunrise (around 6.30am), it will switch from night mode to day mode at approximately when the sun rises (around 6.45am). But if I start driving between 6.45am to 7am, even though it is already after sunrise, it is stay in night mode, all the way until I end Navigation. I left it on all the way till 8.30am, and it still refused to switch to day mode.

If I start driving before sunset (around 7pm), it will switch from day to night mode when the sun sets (around 7.15pm). But if I start driving between 7.15pm to 7.30pm, even though it is already in the evening and the street lights are on, it will stay in day mode all the way. 8pm, and it was still in day mode.

Waze uses the light sensor at launch to decide on day or night mode, after that it stops looking.

===========================================

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000) running Android 4.0.4
ImageImage
Waze Ingress Theme: http://goo.gl/zKdXW Perfect for at night
darkneon

Re: Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby darkneon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:49 pm

petervdveen wrote:
darkneon wrote:Waze uses the light sensor at launch to decide on day or night mode, after that it stops looking.

I don't think so..
If I start waze at night it stays at day-modus until it finds a gps fix.
It NEVER started in night-modus.

Ok then I was wrong but the problem is here already for a far too long time. Atm as it is the automatic day/night modus is useless.

It would be nice if Waze checks every 10 minutes or so if it needs day or night mode, or just use the light sensor when available. Again every 10 minutes or so to save battery.

===========================================

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000) running Android 4.0.4
ImageImage
darkneon

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby darkneon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:10 am

par129 wrote:darkneon - Waze appears to continue to misbehave in the current version, as it has in the past. This appears to be a significant bug that affects many, so I hope Waze fixes it soon.

Well the places where I had it happen it's fixed, maybe it's just the lack of gps points ? Where does it happen for you?
ImageImage
darkneon

Postby deeggo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 pm

After first start, gas station and prices options menu is missing, like in previous beta. Only appears after second start.

olestas wrote:2. After receiving gas station/any other category results and showing them on map, if I tap any result icon and then tap on map, all result disappear. After rotating phone they appear again. But disappear again if I tap any other result.

^^ this indeed.

Volume buttons change ringtone volume instead of media volume, while in main menu.

In landscape, the Wazer on map popup bubbles float out of the screen 99% of time, so it takes a lot of scrolling effort to just see who's around you. But since this hasn't improved and you're not mentioning it, I guess this behaviour doesn't bother you that much. Still hoping though that you'll make it float to the center.

Some other oldies:
- road event popup overlaps the map showing the situation in landscape, so it's virtually useless.
- first automatic road event popup shows the users own location instead of the location of the event
Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One X | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:43 am

SocalToe wrote:Just installed, subscribing to thread...........

There's a button for that, no need to clutter this thread.
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby deeggo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:46 am

petervdveen wrote: - The information tab for the gasstations doesn't work. I get a 'Oh, snap' message (Not translated ;) )
Also the last time I looked at it the tekst in this tab wasn't translated.
- The 'on-route' events are allways wrong. Both in the preview screen as in the reports screen when the on route tab is selected. This is a major issue and should be fixed!!

2x +1!
The information tab has worked for a short time, but has been down for a long time now. That someone who's surely fixing it for me is taking his time ;-)
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Miles vs KM setting. Still!

via tapatalk
dmcconachie • UK Country Admin • Forum Moderator • Former Global Champ
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
UK WikiFB PageForum FAQCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm

xteejx wrote:UK English is STILL not the default language setting for the UK. We are not American, we speak proper English!

Bizarrely that setting did get retained for me?!
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
dmcconachie

Postby dmcconachie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:14 pm

petervdveen wrote:After a clean install the default language is always english.
After an update it remains the same as you had before.

Point is why can't it work that way for other settings too then? In particular the damn Miles vs KM setting!!
Nexus 4 • Android 4.3
dmcconachie

Postby Ebreck » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:50 pm

When navigating I notice frequently when a message pops up on the screen the routing goes away, the map view appears. I have to manually hit the backwards icon on my phone to get back to navigation. I still receive voice navigation prompts but the screen does not show the navigation "path".
I have a first generation Motorola Razr, Verizon is my carrier.
Ebreck

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing