Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby Samuelfac » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Today I tested the route sharing by email Waze ...

worked until the fall internet. so fell the internet, the client appeared Operation Cancelled. And even when the internet came back, continued on the client canceled.

Could not return to work normally??
Samuelfac

Postby skbun » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:27 am

Wajo357 wrote:2) The functionality that is supposed to constantly check the route time/issues and alternate routes in the background doesn't seem to happen or happen frequently enough.

I've noticed this too. Perhaps subconsciously. Nowadays, when I'm approaching a major decision point (an interchange, major street intersection, etc.) I will sometimes hit the routes button manually, because I don't necessarily trust that Waze has looked, particularly if I'm seeing traffic icons ahead. And, I'll find, often alt routes will save 10-20% of the time. (Like, 17 minutes when the one I'm on is 20.) That's significant enough to think a route change might be warranted.

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby SocalToe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 am

Just installed, subscribing to thread...........
Ed
SocalToe

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby stuffhappens » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 pm

dmcconachie wrote:Miles vs KM setting. Still!

via tapatalk

Ha! Beat me to it.

Perlin, it really is time to get the fundamentals right before adding any more social bloat.

The main menus/icons presentation also needs a complete rethink as they're not looking good aesthetically or functionally.

Edit: A fuel delivery tanker broke down on the road ahead of me today, blocking one of two lanes and causing a major traffic jam. The closest report for this is still 'on shoulder...car stopped'. Please at least change this to 'vehicle stopped' as suggested a long time ago. A better idea would be to replace 'on road...roadkill' with 'lane blocked' and let people use 'object on road' for roadkill.

OK - while I'm here then...

It would be great if the map's road speed and incident indicators had a direction indicator on them so it's easy to tell whether they affect the road ahead of me or are on 'the other side'.

When navigating a route (to, say home), a bar appears on the summary highlighting any slow/problem areas along the way. It would be great if there was a similar vertical bar (optional) on the side of the live display highlighting any problem spots - mock up below:

Last edited by stuffhappens on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Area Manager: W.Sussex UK
Phone 1: Sony Xperia Z OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted
Phone 2: Samsung Galaxy Note. OS: ICS 4.0.4, rooted. Speedmod kernel K3-15
Tablet: Motorola Xoom. OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted

stuffhappens

Sv: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby SwedishBadger » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Waze told me that I had reached my destination after 300 meters then recalculated after 100 meters again. Had 3 or 4 km more to go before I was at my destination . That was when I left work.

Went in to the city half an hour after getting home, picked destination from map and hit navigate and put in reverse just then I had reached my destination again! Drove about 100 meters and it recalculated ok again.. First time I experienced that problem.

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2
SwedishBadger

Postby swiiney » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi,

I have a bug on my Xperia P with Android 2.3 when I rotate the phone, the screen becomes black and nothing responds until I get a "force close" for Waze.

To reproduce :
  • Start Waze in portrait mode
  • go back to launcher setting Waze in background
  • turn your phone in landscape mode
  • return to waze
  • You get the black screen and waze will crash soon

You can reproduce also changing from landscape to portrait.
The important part to reproduce is to change orientation while waze is in background.

Regards
Keep the good work, thanks.
Swiiney
swiiney

Postby swiiney » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi,

mochrul wrote:3. facebook connection isn't established correctly (no friend appear)

On my side I have never seen friends on Waze.
When watching my dashboard on waze web site I have 3 friends coming from Facebook.
When watching friends on Waze application on my phone (Xperia P with Android 2.3) I see no friend at all !!

I tried to disconnect/reconnect to Facebook. Nothing changed. Still no friend...

Regards
Swiiney
swiiney

Postby swiiney » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 pm

perlin wrote:
swiiney wrote:Hi,

mochrul wrote:3. facebook connection isn't established correctly (no friend appear)

On my side I have never seen friends on Waze.
When watching my dashboard on waze web site I have 3 friends coming from Facebook.
When watching friends on Waze application on my phone (Xperia P with Android 2.3) I see no friend at all !!

I tried to disconnect/reconnect to Facebook. Nothing changed. Still no friend...

Regards
Swiiney

What do you see when you go to "Friends" menu? Can you provide a screenshot?

I changed the scope of privacy and now I see my friends. I changed from the more restrictive level "Mes amis proches uniquement" to "Mes amis de Facebook" and now I see my friends !
Sorry for the wrong report but I didn't find intuitive the choice...

Thanks
swiiney

Postby Telempe » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Fuel price settings are reset (not carried over).
Telempe

Postby Vahur » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Waze don't see any gas stations in Estonia in this version.
ImageImage
Vahur

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing