Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:58 pm

I can't wait to test it out tonight.

One thing on the previous beta and earlier releases...

1) I believe this is well known, but it doesn't seem to learn your preferred routes
2) The functionality that is supposed to constantly check the route time/issues and alternate routes in the background doesn't seem to happen or happen frequently enough. For instance, this morning I dropped off my son at his school at 8:45. When I navigated to work, I noticed that on my normal route there was an accident and some traffic. 15 minutes later on my commute I was coming up to the junction where I can get on that highway or go to another highway. I decided to check using the 'routes' button and lo-and-behold, the route I was taking had grown 20 minutes with a lot of traffic! So I selected the other route. However, Waze should have been pinging the server during my first 15 minutes and updating my ETA based on the traffic conditions; which it wasn't doing... I could have been stuck in 20 minutes of traffic if I didn't manually ping the servers and get the results like that.
Area Manager: New York / New Jersey (in USA)
Wajo357

Postby wimdelange » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:33 am

petervdveen wrote:Sometimes I get a splash screen that doesn't fit and sometimes I get a splash screen (with something that looks like a sun) that does fit.
Probably first and second run? The picture that is included in the download is too small (?) and is automatically updated after that.

Driven with this version two times. No issues. I would say, production version, but after that take time for the issues that are mentioned several times in the last beta cycle.
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby wimdelange » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 am

gshults wrote:Can't say Ive seen any major issues or odd behaviours. Some of the old known bugs remain but all in stable, reliable and usable. Get it up on Play.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
+1
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby xteejx » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 pm

UK English is STILL not the default language setting for the UK. We are not American, we speak proper English!

xteejx

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby xteejx » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 am

dmcconachie wrote:
xteejx wrote:UK English is STILL not the default language setting for the UK. We are not American, we speak proper English!

Bizarrely that setting did get retained for me?!

I always do a fresh install but it should still be the default.

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Data connection problems appear to be worse even when HSDPA is available. Please decrease time between network checks.

On Jelly Bean, CM10 there is still a sound issue on the SGS2 where parts of instructions are not said. Does not happen with any other app, is a Waze issue, not the ROM or phone.

xteejx

Re: Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby xteejx » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 pm

darkneon wrote:
ekngee wrote:How does Waze calculate sunrise and sunset, so that it knows when you change from day to night mode, and vice versa?

If I start driving before sunrise (around 6.30am), it will switch from night mode to day mode at approximately when the sun rises (around 6.45am). But if I start driving between 6.45am to 7am, even though it is already after sunrise, it is stay in night mode, all the way until I end Navigation. I left it on all the way till 8.30am, and it still refused to switch to day mode.

If I start driving before sunset (around 7pm), it will switch from day to night mode when the sun sets (around 7.15pm). But if I start driving between 7.15pm to 7.30pm, even though it is already in the evening and the street lights are on, it will stay in day mode all the way. 8pm, and it was still in day mode.

Waze uses the light sensor at launch to decide on day or night mode, after that it stops looking.

===========================================

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000) running Android 4.0.4

Umm...no it doesn't. It uses the time from the GPS signal to determine if it has passed sunrise or sunset.

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Perlin, who do I contact that has direct access to your Vocalizer? There are a few problems with the UK voices I want to discuss that affect all versions.

xteejx

Postby xteejx » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:23 am

Its a known issue as stated previously. Please use the search. You cannot report for the other side of the road on split roads. Includes interstates, motorways, dual carriageways etc.

xteejx

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing