Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:55 am

deeggo wrote:Volume buttons change ringtone volume instead of media volume, while in main menu.

Known issue, will be fixed.

deeggo wrote:In landscape, the Wazer on map popup bubbles float out of the screen 99% of time. Still hoping though that you'll make it float to the center.

We will change that for the next official version (3.6).
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:06 am

petervdveen wrote:Bugs:

- 'My destination location' isn't in the translation files.
- The tekst below the nickname field isn't in the translation files.

Please refer this to Orit.

petervdveen wrote:The arrival time in the widget is wrong sometimes.

Any concrete example?

petervdveen wrote:The information tab for the gas stations doesn't work. I get a 'Oh, snap' message

We are aware of that and working on a fix.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 am

MrBenjaminHDM wrote:I'm getting force close every time I press the gas button or pick a category in navigation, I've had this issue the past few betas, I uploaded tonnes of logs and written it on every questionnaire.
HTC one x running stock jelly bean.. Issue had also been present on stock ice cream sandwich.
Hope this gets fixed.

Please send logs in debug mode and mention the (approximate) time you were trying to select a category (or tap the gas result) and had a crash.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:49 am

olestas wrote:1. Searching for gas stations bring results using BRAND line. It makes it hard to understand which gas station is meant. Please use NAME tag, because we use it to make short description of Gas station (brand + street or district where it is located).

Please give an example.

olestas wrote:2. After receiving gas station/any other category results and showing them on map, if I tap any result icon and then tap on map, all result disappear. After rotating phone they appear again. But disappear again if I tap any other result.

olestas wrote:3. In landscape mode black bar on top interferes with map rotation arrow on the left top.

Didn't understand this one. Please elaborate or attach a screenshot.

olestas wrote:4. If I have working route, and want to add stop DIRECTLY FROM MAP, i long press on some place, select MORE, ADD stop on the way - and it breaks current route, makes new route to selected place, and asks to NOW add a stop. Thats wrong. You should be able to add point on the map AS stop on the way to current route from map long press.

We are aware of this confusing behavior and we'll probably remove this option.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Brshk1 wrote:This is the first beta in a long time with network connection issues. Apparently the phone was receiving enough signal, but Waze said "searching network" during the whole commute (both via mobile network and wifi). And then I was able to replicate the error where the upper arrival pop-up remains even though another destination is selected, which is more than 40 km away.

Logs sent at 8:02 CET / 7:02 UTC.

Thanks, we'll investigate the logs.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Gluek wrote:New beta crashed when sending gas prices, logs was sent. BTW, prices aren't updated after restarting Waze.

Location of the station?
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 pm

GGraf wrote:Installation stops with: not installed.
That happens with having an older waze installed and also when deleted before.
I thought there might be too less of free memory so I deleted other apps. But unfortunately the same result.
I use a Sony Ericson U20i with Android 2.1

You need to have OS 2.2 and higher to be able to install waze.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:58 pm

mochrul wrote:1. I set the option to use the phone speakers for the navigation sound. But the next call after I log out from waze (and disconnect from the bluetooth) is VERY loud, because use the speaker too.

mochrul wrote:2. In landscape mode the menu is slightly out of the bounds.

Screenshot to demonstrate?

mochrul wrote:3. facebook connection isn't established correctly (no friend appear)

Next time please mention the exact time it happened (when you saw no friends on the list).
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 pm

olestas wrote:
perlin wrote:
olestas wrote:4. If I have working route, and want to add stop DIRECTLY FROM MAP, i long press on some place, select MORE, ADD stop on the way - and it breaks current route, makes new route to selected place, and asks to NOW add a stop. Thats wrong. You should be able to add point on the map AS stop on the way to current route from map long press.

We are aware of this confusing behavior and we'll probably remove this option.

Remove which option? Adding stop on the way would be great, if it was easier to make. Do not remove stop on the way option.

I didn't mean that we'll remove the stop-point option. I meant that we'll remove it from the "Preview" screen (where you select more > add a stop point). Currently you can't really add a stop point from the map, while keeping your original location/destination. So this option (in this screen) is wrong and confusing.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Brshk1 wrote:The connection problem of this morning has not reproduced, and neither has the permanent pop-up window.

However, there is a new problem, more in the cosmetic side. When seeing the gas stations in the map, after tapping twice on the same station, the next time they disappear. Going to list and back to the map makes them reappear.

Known issue. Was reported before.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing