[Long Post Warning]
First time out on the road with the beta yesterday as I've not been driving anywhere since it has been released. So here goes:
1. Performance issues. This is the least stable Waze beta I have ever tested, bordering on unusable for me. At random intervals the app would lock up for a period of time from a few seconds to a minute or so and be totally non responsive to any input and the screen would not update so I missed a few turns (luckily I knew where I was going). If you waited patiently it would always come back only to lock up again a few minutes later. If the app was minimised while locked up and then opened again you'd bee greeted by a 30 second splash screen then it would crash. This happened constantly on my 45 minute/30 mile trip. At no time did the app offer me the opportunity to upload logs. This was done manually a few minutes ago at 9.53am UK time, and yes I was in debug mode).
2. Speed Camera Visual Alerts. Same old story ... these pop up and as I'm a landscape user I CANNOT SEE THE MAP
. However now the warnings seem to come up much earlier (measured in miles rather than feet) so I get to see even less of the map! How about I extend one of the Waze Dev's an invite to drive around Nottingham and see if they get lost as you rarely get to see the map there for all the Speed Cameras!
3. Unable to find routing server when looking for alternate routes. When this happens not only do you not get an alternate route, but it dumps your existing route so you have nothing. If alternate routes fail it should retain the existing route.
4. Report menu with no Network Connection. If you open the report menu when you have no network connection you get a warning box, the ETA/Distance box also shows "Location and Time Saved". What for ... are we supposed to be able to carry on with our report later, if so it does not work.
5. Foursquare Check In. From the approaching destination bar the text has been changed and you now "post" to Foursquare. This is incorrect it should read "Check In" as it does in the report Menu. Also why are the Facebook and Foursquare logo's not in full colour? It doesn't make then recognisable.
6. Has the behaviour for the Approaching Destination Bar been changed? It seems to come up much closer to the destination now which is most welcome as I get to see more of the map in the final turns for my Journey