My take on the beta (iPhone 4) (some I reported already via the google docs form):
- Having the gas icon on top is nice for promotion, but takes the Alerts down to the third, hidden, row. For me, Alerts are much more important than searching for gas and I even hopped the default should be "on route" and not "all". I always navigate somewhere, and then go to alerts->on route see the details of the (bad) events ahead.
- I see dead people^W^W8 icons on the main menu, looks ugly. Can we put a 9th icon back there!
- The Gas icon on the main menu should be connected to the gas price reports. It's ridicule to go Gas->search->Pick one->info and get "yeah, dead end, to report prices go back home and go reports->gas"
- on main menu->share there is a wait spinner, why? To load that small map? can't this be optimized?
- on the share, there are now share route and share location. I've noticed the share route can be shared with everyone (link to the browser map), but the share location is a link to waze://
, so it can only be send to wazers. Shouldn't it be more clear? Or better, shouldn't the share be possible client to client and not just via SMS/email/facebook?
- it still bothers me that my mood is always reverted back to gold after restart. Both cases, if I set the mood to a regular one, or the monster. I'm about to ask the backend guys for a feature like Foursquare, where one can decide to "not participate on the mayorship^Wexclusive moods" so other people can also get those moods. I'm not gonna stop editing to let others be gold, but I don't want to be gold every week!
- the beepbeep feature seems to be failing. I've sent a beepbeep to Antigerme (but don't know yet what he received), and then he sent me a beep beep which didn't popup anything (I was waiting for it to get the translation working) but instead received a regular message on the inbox saying [[BeepBeep]]. It was a one-time thing, will test it further.