iOS beta 3.5.1.993 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.1.993 feedback thread

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm

My take on the beta (iPhone 4) (some I reported already via the google docs form):

- Having the gas icon on top is nice for promotion, but takes the Alerts down to the third, hidden, row. For me, Alerts are much more important than searching for gas and I even hopped the default should be "on route" and not "all". I always navigate somewhere, and then go to alerts->on route see the details of the (bad) events ahead.

- I see dead people^W^W8 icons on the main menu, looks ugly. Can we put a 9th icon back there! ;)

- The Gas icon on the main menu should be connected to the gas price reports. It's ridicule to go Gas->search->Pick one->info and get "yeah, dead end, to report prices go back home and go reports->gas" :P

- on main menu->share there is a wait spinner, why? To load that small map? can't this be optimized?

- on the share, there are now share route and share location. I've noticed the share route can be shared with everyone (link to the browser map), but the share location is a link to waze://, so it can only be send to wazers. Shouldn't it be more clear? Or better, shouldn't the share be possible client to client and not just via SMS/email/facebook?

- it still bothers me that my mood is always reverted back to gold after restart. Both cases, if I set the mood to a regular one, or the monster. I'm about to ask the backend guys for a feature like Foursquare, where one can decide to "not participate on the mayorship^Wexclusive moods" so other people can also get those moods. I'm not gonna stop editing to let others be gold, but I don't want to be gold every week!

- the beepbeep feature seems to be failing. I've sent a beepbeep to Antigerme (but don't know yet what he received), and then he sent me a beep beep which didn't popup anything (I was waiting for it to get the translation working) but instead received a regular message on the inbox saying [[BeepBeep]]. It was a one-time thing, will test it further.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Bug report:

- left menu, navigate, pickup, send button, send eg. mail
- on client, open any screen - e.g. pickup, my waze, anything
- on the other side, click on the link and approve the location
- client will popup the incoming approval
- click drive

what should happen:
- show the navigate menu

what happens:
- the navigate menu is there, but below the current screen. Only after "close" the current screen will the navigate be shown.

bug:
- the "drive" action should close any currently open view
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:01 pm

There are a lot of missing strings for translation, mostly just changes on the final dot or colon or stuff like "and" instead of "&", and a lot of duplicate strings. Is this taken care by Orit or someone else.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

iOS beta 3.5.1.993 official feedback thread

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:04 pm

The shut down bug seems to be finally fixed! Yaaaaay!!!!

Crashed on the first time untried to open after install, but was fine on the second try.

Also noticed this in the TOS, which I'm pretty sure is different than before. Someone mentioned this in the forums recently.

2. YOUR USE OF THIS REAL TIME ROUTE GUIDANCE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. LOCATION DATA MAY NOT BE ACCURATE

3. Always pay your full attention to the road and abide with all transportation laws and regulations. Sending traffic updates and text messages to the Service while you drive, is strictly prohibited.

This may have been there before, but I don't recall ever having to check an "I agree" box before. Maybe I'm just not remembering.

Also, we have road goodies, probably not related to the beta.

Hitting the "target" button now seems to also zoom you in, rather than just centering the map on you.

(I had created my own thread on this because I thought Perlin was slacking off, but it seems Tapatalk can't see newly created sticky topics).

Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:01 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Switch-off bug is not fixed.

Crap. There it goes. Don't know why I couldn't make it happen earlier.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:46 am

I had the "friends online" window pop up today and I selected one and sent a BeepBeep. But I'm not sure if it did anything because the user isn't a beta tester.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:22 am

Today at 5:15 pm (23:15 GMT), Waze simply turned off. When I turned it back on, it came up in night mode. Sunset was at 5:08 pm. It didn't automatically switch.

I sent logs shortly afterwards, but it took about 10-15 minutes because there was like 250 to send.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jasonh300 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:03 am

Shorty-CM wrote:How long had it been running before it crashed? I've noticed it sometimes doesn't change to night mode, and usually it has been open for quite a while when it doesn't switch. It's been doing that for quite a few versions, now.

For the past couple of weeks, with Sunset falling just past 5:00, I've been in the car at sunset almost every day, and since I've been watching it, it hasn't made the change automatically. But if I shut it down and reopen, it will come back in night mode.

Today when it crashed, Waze had probably been running for about an hour. I was actually looking at the screen, stopped at a light, watching the traffic popups on the screen. It just shut off. The only reason why I was thinking it had something to do with the night mode was because I noticed the switch when I brought it back up. I was thinking that sunset was at 5:15, which would have said a lot, but I checked my almanac app and sunset was at 5:08 at my location.
New Orleans, Louisiana
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kieranrawley » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:52 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356709819.098140.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356709819.098140.jpg (68.04 KiB) Viewed 556 times

I've noticed that the landscape pop ups occasionally bleed off the screen. Whilst stopped, some in the sequence are right and some are incorrectly placed. The info is much easier to read in the current font.

iOS 6.0.1 not jail broken.

It's a bit better/worse (delete as required) again today
Kieran

(I'll go for a run when I've got this little bit sorted..........)

kieranrawley
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kieranrawley » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Forgot to add iPhone 4

It's a bit better/worse (delete as required) again today
Kieran

(I'll go for a run when I've got this little bit sorted..........)

kieranrawley
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing