iOS beta 3.5.1.993 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.1.993 feedback thread

Postby Shorty-CM » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Change the navigate menu back to how it was. If I want to pick something from my history I will hit history. Who on earth thought it made sense to get rid of the old view?! Ridiculous.
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Shorty-CM » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:04 am

Client hangs for a handful of seconds very often, sometimes at the moment of user interaction, such as trying to enter the main menu or make a user report. Screen freezes and nothing updates, frozen at the map location of the time of the freeze, and then after a handful of seconds has passed it suddenly snaps back to the current location and begins updating your view again.
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Shorty-CM » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:24 am

How long had it been running before it crashed? I've noticed it sometimes doesn't change to night mode, and usually it has been open for quite a while when it doesn't switch. It's been doing that for quite a few versions, now.
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Shorty-CM » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:33 am

This version also behaves very poorly in relation to music playback and car stereo connections. If I forget to exit Waze and disconnect from the car stereo before starting the vehicle back up it makes the whole device act strangely. Music playback doesn't begin. Forcing it to pause/play doesn't help. The device acts like something is caught in a horrible loop and gets incredibly unresponsive, requiring me to shut down and reboot the device, *if* I can even get it to respond well enough to get it to shut down.

It's incredibly frustrating when I start the work truck back up and notice that I forgot to exit Waze, and the "Kaaaaaaaahn!" -style NOOOOOOOO! begins echoing around inside the truck, haha.

I don't know how the connection/communication differs when starting the vehicle versus simply plugging the device into the stereo that's already up and running, but I don't think I've seen this unresponsive loop behaviour in that scenario. But I think 9/10 times when I do this if Waze is running the music won't start playing. The stereo goes through the normal 'reading' phase and then brings up the current track's name but is blinking as though playback is paused, which it shouldn't be. When this happens, sometimes simply exiting Waze will automatically start playback again. Sometimes it does not, and I have to disconnect the device from the stereo and plug it back in again. 1/10 times pressing pause/play will start playback again in that scenario, but it's usually faster just to unplug and replug rather than try hitting pause/play over and over and hope it works.

As a result, my usual routine when getting out of the truck is to grab my phone and exit Waze so that when we're getting back in and taking off again it is already out of Waze and obviously disconnected from the stereo. If I connect to the stereo first, and wait for music playback to start, and *then* fire up Waze everything will be just fine for the duration. But if Waze is running before connecting, whether or not the vehicle was already running, it is just going to be a disaster of some sort.

A version or two ago seemed to have all the volume and music playback problems sorted out, so I don't know what has changed, but it is once again broken, and is worse than ever in some respects. At least the volume problems haven't returned, so that part still works properly.
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Shorty-CM » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:59 am

And muted when sound is muted. Why does the app *still* make any noise at all if it is muted?
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I am quite happy with the adjustments to the red light camera alerts. However, as mentioned before, in an urban setting, this alert may be on the screen for 3 minutes until the light is passed. This alert needs to be able to dynamically adjust based on ETA to the camera, IMO.
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Shorty-CM » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Why on earth not?! Sun still goes down no matter how long I've been driving. I/we shouldn't have to exit/restart the app just for that. That's ridiculous.
perlin wrote:It won't change to night mode if you started the drive over 30 minutes before sunset.
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby sketch » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:31 am

BIG problem.

Remember that old bug that made Waze unable to connect to the Waze network over cellular connections after leaving the range of the WiFi that the app connected to when first opened? Looks like it's back, and with a vengeance.

Now, if I open the beta within range of my home WiFi, every time I drive away, the app freezes up completely, and the LTE connection on my phone stops working entirely.

Nothing short of switching the phone into and out of airplane mode fixes it. If I close and reopen Waze, it crashes on the first relaunch, and if I relaunch it a second time and try to plan a route with no connectivity, the app freezes again.

It's a bit of a surprising bug, and it may have something to do with iOS, because typically iOS apps aren't given the kind of control necessary to affect these kinds of low-level OS tasks... but it's happened a few times now. I'm using an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.2 over the AT&T network.
iphone 5 • ios 7.1 • waze 3.7.9.914 • mac os 10.9.2
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby steelsandals » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Put history under favorites so that once you scroll through the favorites you scroll right into history.
steelsandals

Postby throy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi there,

I found typist's error in Czech translated. There is "zaplnuto" and correct si "zapnuto".

Image.

------------------------------------------------------------

1. iPhone 4S
2. Jailed
3. iOS 6.1 beta3
throy

Postby TigPT » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:06 am

pt_PT translation
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (146.01 KiB) Viewed 574 times