iOS beta 3.5.1.993 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

iOS beta 3.5.1.993 feedback thread

Postby seriousarsonist » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Hey all

Haven't had the odd pop ups that I obscure the map but have been having the random lock ups, rather annoying. Strangely they have all happened at roundabouts.

One thing that has been happening a lot is it telling me a friend is about but when I go into friends it tells me I have none, this might be a Facebook issue rather than a client issue.

Next up on odd things is the map jumping about when I open the client, this may be related to the GPS issues mentioned above.

As for data connection I've found it more stable and quicker to reconnect after signal loss and no problem moving from wifi to 3G.

Pip
(Logs sent)
Image Image Image
UK Champ and Area Manager for the North of the Island of Ireland Image Image

Comber WX: What the weather is like where I edit
seriousarsonist

Re: iOS beta 3.5.1.993 feedback thread

Postby perlin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:43 pm

kieranrawley wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356709819.098140.jpg

I've noticed that the landscape pop ups occasionally bleed off the screen.

Should be fixed in the next beta.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:46 pm

TigPT wrote:pt_PT translation

This string has been incorrect between the 24th and the 26th, on the 27th it was already fixed back but it takes some hours/days/whatever to get the client updated.
"Conduzir" did fit on the non-beta client, but on the beta there are now three buttons and it doesn't fit anymore.

Also, feel free to post Portuguese related questions on our own forum or for translations PM me or pvaladares ;)
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm

My take on the beta (iPhone 4) (some I reported already via the google docs form):

- Having the gas icon on top is nice for promotion, but takes the Alerts down to the third, hidden, row. For me, Alerts are much more important than searching for gas and I even hopped the default should be "on route" and not "all". I always navigate somewhere, and then go to alerts->on route see the details of the (bad) events ahead.

- I see dead people^W^W8 icons on the main menu, looks ugly. Can we put a 9th icon back there! ;)

- The Gas icon on the main menu should be connected to the gas price reports. It's ridicule to go Gas->search->Pick one->info and get "yeah, dead end, to report prices go back home and go reports->gas" :P

- on main menu->share there is a wait spinner, why? To load that small map? can't this be optimized?

- on the share, there are now share route and share location. I've noticed the share route can be shared with everyone (link to the browser map), but the share location is a link to waze://, so it can only be send to wazers. Shouldn't it be more clear? Or better, shouldn't the share be possible client to client and not just via SMS/email/facebook?

- it still bothers me that my mood is always reverted back to gold after restart. Both cases, if I set the mood to a regular one, or the monster. I'm about to ask the backend guys for a feature like Foursquare, where one can decide to "not participate on the mayorship^Wexclusive moods" so other people can also get those moods. I'm not gonna stop editing to let others be gold, but I don't want to be gold every week!

- the beepbeep feature seems to be failing. I've sent a beepbeep to Antigerme (but don't know yet what he received), and then he sent me a beep beep which didn't popup anything (I was waiting for it to get the translation working) but instead received a regular message on the inbox saying [[BeepBeep]]. It was a one-time thing, will test it further.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby perlin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm

ohiostmusicman wrote:Just now had an issue with a map tile that refuses to appear:

We are aware of that issue and it will be fixed soon.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Shorty-CM wrote:How long had it been running before it crashed? I've noticed it sometimes doesn't change to night mode, and usually it has been open for quite a while when it doesn't switch. It's been doing that for quite a few versions, now.

It won't change to night mode if you started the drive over 30 minutes before sunset.
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:02 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The following ETA popped up today. Pretty nonsensical. It did not save me 11+ hours on a 35 min route

We are aware of that issue and it will be fixed (don't think for the next beta though)
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Bug report:

- left menu, navigate, pickup, send button, send eg. mail
- on client, open any screen - e.g. pickup, my waze, anything
- on the other side, click on the link and approve the location
- client will popup the incoming approval
- click drive

what should happen:
- show the navigate menu

what happens:
- the navigate menu is there, but below the current screen. Only after "close" the current screen will the navigate be shown.

bug:
- the "drive" action should close any currently open view
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:01 pm

There are a lot of missing strings for translation, mostly just changes on the final dot or colon or stuff like "and" instead of "&", and a lot of duplicate strings. Is this taken care by Orit or someone else.
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Shorty-CM » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Why on earth not?! Sun still goes down no matter how long I've been driving. I/we shouldn't have to exit/restart the app just for that. That's ridiculous.
perlin wrote:It won't change to night mode if you started the drive over 30 minutes before sunset.
Shorty-CM
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing