Android beta 3.5.1.902 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.902 feedback thread

Postby CBenson » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Not sure if this a client version problem or some other problem. But this morning I could not add a stop by searching for gas stations on my route. When I pressed Menu>Add a Stop>Categories>Gas Stations & Prices I would get an endless spinning searching icon. Logs sent about 8:10 am EST (13:10 GMT).
CBenson

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm

CBenson wrote:Not sure if this a client version problem or some other problem. But this morning I could not add a stop by searching for gas stations on my route. When I pressed Menu>Add a Stop>Categories>Gas Stations & Prices I would get an endless spinning searching icon. Logs sent about 8:10 am EST (13:10 GMT).
See: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35596
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Steviex2Shoes » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 pm

I have to say that this update has been great. Although at first it was crashing my phone, and was basically unusable, so I had to do a fresh install of the beta. But on my latest drives which were longer ones I did not have a single issue with losing GPS signal or the issue where it would say Proceed to the Highlighted route while you're driving on the highlighted route. I was surprised to see the favorites moved exclusively to the Favorites section. I think I prefer having the list on the main Navigation list just for easier access especially when adding a favorite stop.
Steviex2Shoes

Postby a4bolek » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Steviex2Shoes wrote:I have to say that this update has been great. Although at first it was crashing my phone, and was basically unusable, so I had to do a fresh install of the beta. But on my latest drives which were longer ones I did not have a single issue with losing GPS signal or the issue where it would say Proceed to the Highlighted route while you're driving on the highlighted route. I was surprised to see the favorites moved exclusively to the Favorites section. I think I prefer having the list on the main Navigation list just for easier access especially when adding a favorite stop.

Main "Navigate" list will get populated as you use your favorites with most recent at the top. Under Home and Work of course.
a4bolek

Postby jemay » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Update to my previous post:
1) The edit candy shows up in landscape mode it did the pop noise, I can see the candy and was able to eat the candy, but when I change the phone to the other direction I hear the pop noise but could find the edit candy...
2) Again i got the "You are no longer a baby....." message (Waze bar on top)
jemay
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gerben » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I use landscape mode, and I have heard several candies drop, but did not see them on the map. Also, the candies seem to drop less often. My commute is mostly to fast for candies, but I pass some villages with traffic lights and that is where they usually drop. This morning, coming home from my night shift, I got none at all, while I should have a back log, I made thousands of edits during the slow night shifts this week, and only got a handful of candies.

I also got the baby message twice, and the 'look for a candy' message twice or three times.

Today candies started to appear like they used to. Unfortunately, my trips were to short to get them all ;). The message announcing the candy did not appear today. The message about no longer being a baby did show up again though...
gerben

Postby jemay » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:06 pm

I just thought that I needed to add - my view are in 3D mode
Doubt it will help but I just sent the logs at 2:05 Pacific Time
jemay
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.902 feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:09 pm

gerben wrote:I use landscape mode, and I have heard several candies drop, but did not see them on the map. Also, the candies seem to drop less often. My commute is mostly to fast for candies, but I pass some villages with traffic lights and that is where they usually drop. This morning, coming home from my night shift, I got none at all, while I should have a back log, I made thousands of edits during the slow night shifts this week, and only got a handful of candies.

I also got the baby message twice, and the 'look for a candy' message twice or three times.

+1, bonus candies not visible on the map though munching them is audible.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby RobertB-dc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Haven't seen this one referenced in the thread: problem if I don't accept the license agreement! If I don't have time to read the license agreement (if perhaps, I'm driving ;) ), I can't hit "Back" to exit the app. Going to the device home screen leaves Waze running (at least according to the notification bar).

Also, now that I've had a chance to sign my life away, it still says that with 30,824 points, I have -21,802 points (yes, negative points) remaining before I reach the next level.
RobertB-dc

Postby pixelgeek » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:32 pm

RobertB-dc wrote:Also, now that I've had a chance to sign my life away, it still says that with 30,824 points, I have -21,802 points (yes, negative points) remaining before I reach the next level.

Are you sure it's a "-" (minus) and not a "~" (tilde for approx.)? If I remember correctly, it should show a tilde in front of your remaining points.
pixelgeek

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing