Android beta 3.5.1.902 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.902 feedback thread

Postby CBenson » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Not sure if this a client version problem or some other problem. But this morning I could not add a stop by searching for gas stations on my route. When I pressed Menu>Add a Stop>Categories>Gas Stations & Prices I would get an endless spinning searching icon. Logs sent about 8:10 am EST (13:10 GMT).
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0, Waze 3.9.9.907
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:40 pm

CBenson wrote:Not sure if this a client version problem or some other problem. But this morning I could not add a stop by searching for gas stations on my route. When I pressed Menu>Add a Stop>Categories>Gas Stations & Prices I would get an endless spinning searching icon. Logs sent about 8:10 am EST (13:10 GMT).
See: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35596
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Steviex2Shoes » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 pm

I have to say that this update has been great. Although at first it was crashing my phone, and was basically unusable, so I had to do a fresh install of the beta. But on my latest drives which were longer ones I did not have a single issue with losing GPS signal or the issue where it would say Proceed to the Highlighted route while you're driving on the highlighted route. I was surprised to see the favorites moved exclusively to the Favorites section. I think I prefer having the list on the main Navigation list just for easier access especially when adding a favorite stop.
Droid Bionic Stock 4.0.4
Steviex2Shoes

Postby a4bolek » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Steviex2Shoes wrote:I have to say that this update has been great. Although at first it was crashing my phone, and was basically unusable, so I had to do a fresh install of the beta. But on my latest drives which were longer ones I did not have a single issue with losing GPS signal or the issue where it would say Proceed to the Highlighted route while you're driving on the highlighted route. I was surprised to see the favorites moved exclusively to the Favorites section. I think I prefer having the list on the main Navigation list just for easier access especially when adding a favorite stop.

Main "Navigate" list will get populated as you use your favorites with most recent at the top. Under Home and Work of course.
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 6.01
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 3.9.8.0
a4bolek

Postby jemay » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Update to my previous post:
1) The edit candy shows up in landscape mode it did the pop noise, I can see the candy and was able to eat the candy, but when I change the phone to the other direction I hear the pop noise but could find the edit candy...
2) Again i got the "You are no longer a baby....." message (Waze bar on top)
PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Map Editor|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 (SM-N910V) - Verizon - Waze Ver. 3.9.8.0
jemay
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby gerben » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:38 pm

I use landscape mode, and I have heard several candies drop, but did not see them on the map. Also, the candies seem to drop less often. My commute is mostly to fast for candies, but I pass some villages with traffic lights and that is where they usually drop. This morning, coming home from my night shift, I got none at all, while I should have a back log, I made thousands of edits during the slow night shifts this week, and only got a handful of candies.

I also got the baby message twice, and the 'look for a candy' message twice or three times.

Today candies started to appear like they used to. Unfortunately, my trips were to short to get them all ;). The message announcing the candy did not appear today. The message about no longer being a baby did show up again though...
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby jemay » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:06 pm

I just thought that I needed to add - my view are in 3D mode
Doubt it will help but I just sent the logs at 2:05 Pacific Time
PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Map Editor|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 (SM-N910V) - Verizon - Waze Ver. 3.9.8.0
jemay
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.902 feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:09 pm

gerben wrote:I use landscape mode, and I have heard several candies drop, but did not see them on the map. Also, the candies seem to drop less often. My commute is mostly to fast for candies, but I pass some villages with traffic lights and that is where they usually drop. This morning, coming home from my night shift, I got none at all, while I should have a back log, I made thousands of edits during the slow night shifts this week, and only got a handful of candies.

I also got the baby message twice, and the 'look for a candy' message twice or three times.

+1, bonus candies not visible on the map though munching them is audible.
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby RobertB-dc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Haven't seen this one referenced in the thread: problem if I don't accept the license agreement! If I don't have time to read the license agreement (if perhaps, I'm driving ;) ), I can't hit "Back" to exit the app. Going to the device home screen leaves Waze running (at least according to the notification bar).

Also, now that I've had a chance to sign my life away, it still says that with 30,824 points, I have -21,802 points (yes, negative points) remaining before I reach the next level.
Device specs: Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G on T-Mobile, all-stock (not rooted).
RobertB-dc

Postby pixelgeek » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:32 pm

RobertB-dc wrote:Also, now that I've had a chance to sign my life away, it still says that with 30,824 points, I have -21,802 points (yes, negative points) remaining before I reach the next level.

Are you sure it's a "-" (minus) and not a "~" (tilde for approx.)? If I remember correctly, it should show a tilde in front of your remaining points.
Wazing in Finland / Switzerland
AM Switzerland: Ostschweiz - St.Gallen - Appenzell
HTC Sensation / Android Revolution HD / Waze Beta Tester
pixelgeek

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing