Android beta 3.5.1.905/9 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth, bextein

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905 feedback thread

Postby paulkok_my » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 am

Can the telephone interface/app be minimise and at the same time mute Waze's turn announcement
when you are on a telephone call so that you can still see Waze provided route?

Thanks
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:41 am

Suik wrote:
porubcan wrote:I just have had "Rate us on play store" screen. I'm using same installation of beta for many days now and this is 1st time it was displayed. Also this beta was installed over previous one, not the clean install. 25 logs sent at 10:40 UTC+1

+1 ...I just experienced this 3 minutes ago. Logs sent immediately :) but mine was a clean install.

It happened to me when I fired up waze for my evening commute tonight as well. I was not astute enough to send logs.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Suik » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 am

porubcan wrote:I just have had "Rate us on play store" screen. I'm using same installation of beta for many days now and this is 1st time it was displayed. Also this beta was installed over previous one, not the clean install. 25 logs sent at 10:40 UTC+1

+1 ...I just experienced this 3 minutes ago. Logs sent immediately :) but mine was a clean install.
Suik

Postby Kuhlkatz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Some reports still gets 'stuck' on the screen where only the header remains visible across the top navigation Info bar. As soon as you do a screen capture, the report fully appears in the captured screen, so a screenshot to demonstrate looks impossible.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby MagicOfLA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:19 pm

porubcan wrote:I'd like to report poor experience with near you now. The box is too small. Was much better.
I just found that instead of providing # of friends, wazers and jams (or events?) It reported friends only. (if that was near you now - NYN)

Note - this was at mock location, as I'm outside the polygon for NYN

+1

Not even in portrait...
screenshot-1357833691909.png
(75.51 KiB) Downloaded 749 times

(Prague polygon, Czech Rep.)

M.
MagicOfLA
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:42 pm

I wonder if all 5600 Taco Bell locations in the US are off by a half mile when you navigate from the new advertisement icon?
Den_in_USA

Postby Den_in_USA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Autourdupc wrote:i would like in beta version a zoom level meter on the map. I think there is still a zoom restoring bug in manual zoom.
So i could see if zoom is "auto changing" when not permited.

I suggested that in the past. I also suggested that a tiny black "zoom factor" number be inserted in the lower, left of screen, "Menu" icon to save on space.
Last edited by Den_in_USA on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Den_in_USA

Postby autourdupc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm

i would like in beta version a zoom level meter on the map. I think there is still a zoom restoring bug in manual zoom.
So i could see if zoom is "auto changing" when not permited.
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby skbun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 pm

I should include this one here; it came out in another thread.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
pvaladares wrote:It would be nice if there was a button to report it 'not there' right next to the 'thanks' button.

There is, but only if the alert applies to your road and direction of travel. Otherwise, Waze must assume that you are not knowledgeable enough to actually state it isn't there. Of course, that also suggests that the "Thanks" button should also not be there....

I wonder how difficult it would be to make the behaviour of clicking on a report act like gas prices already do. After all, we already see 'You are only allowed to report gas prices at the station', and that's measured by how far away you are 'as the crow flies'. The reasoning Waze put in for that is 'You're close enough to see the gas prices, so you can report', so one could say 'Why should reports be any different?'

It'd be:
'On clicking a report, how far are you physically from it?' if:
"Close", include the 'Not there' option...or
"Not close", give the standard 'Comment' and 'Thanks' options you'll usually see when clicking on a random report not on your route.

I only mention this as a real possibility because we already know the functionality of whether something is 'close' is already built in.
skbun

Postby perlin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:12 pm

khaytsus wrote:Bug report.. I got the pop-up to drive home while I was launching the client at work today after installing this beta and I clicked the X to close the dialog. I had no route, but I still had the ETA window at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure what would have happened had I been driving, I'll see if I can reproduce tomorrow and see what the behavior is.

We are aware of this bug and it will be fixed.
perlin

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing