Android beta 3.5.1.905/9 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905 feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm

When the gas prices report window reports an error on send, it stays open, allows me to change the prices but re-send is not possible, the button in the upper right corner is changed to cross to close the window only.
ImageImage
fotrik
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 am
Location: CZ
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905 feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Den_in_USA wrote:I was driving around (not navigating) and a large pop-up advertisement for Taco Bell came up (not the little bubble icon). Maybe there should be a paid "pro version" of Waze without advertisements!

This is a betatest feedback thread. I would prefer a paid version instead of annoing pop-ups too but please make a separate thread.
ImageImage
fotrik
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 am
Location: CZ
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905 feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 am

Suik wrote:
deeggo wrote:I disagree. Most Dutch people would know the meaning of ETA and appreciate the English language for having come up with such a short and handy abbreviation.


well that's nice :) but waze has also local translations and people who don't speak English use them. They won't know what's ETA either :) - unless they use logic and see it is estimated time of arrival. Funny example: ETA e.g. used to be a brand of electronics, or still even is over here - not sure :)

You are right but don't forget that it's not easy to translate ETA with something which fits this small window because we and also you don't have such understandable shortcut for it. I have no problem if ETA is removed. Everybody smart enough or used to Waze will know the second day what's that time.
ImageImage
fotrik
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 am
Location: CZ
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905/9 feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:15 pm

bedo2991 wrote:Moreover sometimes the Italian voice on startup says "Let's go" (in english) instead of the italian one. I don't know if this is related to the translation file or to a programming bug.

This is problem of one of the voice files waze/sound/.../StartDrive?.bin

If you know the person responsible for Italian voice files, try to solve it via your national forum otherwise contact Waze support.
ImageImage
fotrik
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 am
Location: CZ
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905/9 feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm

bedo2991 wrote:Perlin read this! Good news below! :D :D
From the very first release the sentence "Your phone GPS is turned OFF" is in english in many translation (maybe all? I've only tried Italian and French). I've asked my CM why and she said "We can't translate it because of a bug" (and I believed her).
Today I found out that it's not translated because in the lang.language file you gave them there's a "double space" between "is" and "turned":
Code: Select all
Your phone's GPS is  turned OFF=Il GPS è spento

instead of:
Code: Select all
Your phone's GPS is turned OFF=Il GPS è spento

There are some other in the translation file, check them too.

This is nothing for perlin or this thread. Please send this to translations@waze.com
ImageImage
fotrik
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 am
Location: CZ
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905/9 feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:54 pm

bedo2991 wrote:Today I found out that it's not translated because in the lang.language file you gave them there's a "double space" between "is" and "turned":
Code: Select all
Your phone's GPS is  turned OFF=Il GPS è spento

instead of:
Code: Select all
Your phone's GPS is turned OFF=Il GPS è spento

There are some other in the translation file, check them too.

Fixed in translation system. When processed by your local translator it will appear in client soon.
ImageImage
fotrik
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 am
Location: CZ
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905/9 feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:39 am

paulkok_my wrote:It would be nice to have gas station's brand icon on the client instead of just the name.

Nice idea but I think it's not feasible to have icon for all brands in all countries and if shown only some of them this would be an advangate for them for nothing. Could be good opportunity for Waze to offer it as paid service. ;) But this is for discussion not in this beta thread.
ImageImage
fotrik
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 am
Location: CZ
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905 feedback thread

Postby foxitrot » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:37 am

Autourdupc wrote:We need that Waze respects the radius setting. The "On route only" should be one more setting added with a checkbox, not a choice.

For example, I need to get reports in a radius of 5 km, only on my route.
Actually, I have to make a choice between a radius OR only on my route.

Additionally, the Radius value should be used while the client is not displaying any route. Otherwise the client would have to choose itself between "no events" (because no route is available) or "all events" (because Waze might think "no events" is not the right choice).
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Slovakia
Has thanked: 829 times
Been thanked: 468 times

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905 feedback thread

Postby foxitrot » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:31 pm

While desperately trying to create a route with an arbitrary stop point on a road, I've managed to be navigated without the ETA box being displayed.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Slovakia
Has thanked: 829 times
Been thanked: 468 times

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.1.905 feedback thread

Postby foxitrot » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 am

Autourdupc wrote:
petervdveen wrote:The ETA is 7:43.f
Or do you mean the text 'ETA'?
I think it's clear enough.

Oups !
Bec. text "ETA" is not here, I tought it was the time...
I think ETA text should come back !

Would be a pure wasting of space. All possible info is being displayed there, but ETA is just one of them. Additionally the word has no meaning in non-English languages. It would either have to be translated, or you again have to learn its meaning.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5274
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Slovakia
Has thanked: 829 times
Been thanked: 468 times

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users