iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Postby jasonh300 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Facebook picture icons: I don't have too many friends who allow their facebook picture to appear, but I don't recall ever seeing this icon like this on the map before. Maybe I'm just not paying attention, or no one I know allows their picture to be shown

I don't think it's a great use of screen space because there are two icons for a single Wazer: their mood icon plus their fb picture. Can we just have the fb icon?

Alan, is that someone you know, or are friends with on Facebook?

When they first put the little Facebook icons on the screen, I was able to click on any Wazer with that icon and get their picture and real name. I reported it to Perlin and then that stopped happening, and I believe I even found others on the map that I was facebook friends with and still couldn't get that info that easily.

I wonder if that problem has returned.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mike-bronner » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:05 am

When trying to add a stop to a long-distance route, I keep getting the error message that waze can't calculate routes over 200 miles. Routing error 402.
mike-bronner
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby npv1459 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Just installed this new version and again when i reinstall waze facebook friends list disappear. I need to disconnect and reconnect facebook account in order to see friends again in the list.
See my area Here
npv1459

Postby npv1459 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:40 pm

jasonh300 wrote:.....the annoying "Rate Us" screen came up again and it took about 15 seconds for it to respond to the Skip button.

Same to me.. Seems that the skip button doesn't work..
Maybe rate us screen is set to disappear automatically after few seconds??
See my area Here
npv1459

Postby npv1459 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:43 pm

scarlogarcia wrote:As last beta release, I had to activate debug mode. It's not launched as default for this beta.

I confirm... At least for release from version .996
See my area Here
npv1459

Postby npv1459 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:28 pm

I just confirm some problem with the add a stop function.
He didn't calculate the right route to the stop... I will try again today and I'll try to send a log in debug mode.
See my area Here
npv1459

Postby palmerit » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 am

I just collected a bunch of screenshots I'd emailed myself so I can report issues I've found. Come to realize, .999 has been released but not via testflight. so I saw the .999 beta email, went to testflight and unwittingly installed .998 over itself and have been testing that version.

Curious, why do we use testflight sometimes, and plist bundles others? I feel like I've wasted a fair bit of time, and now have to see if the issues reproduce on .999

Luckily, 2 of the issues, I was able to reproduce 100% of the time.
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998
palmerit
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm

davipt wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I really don't think there's much point to us testing this. By the version #, I would bet this has been sent to Apple already for release as v3.5.2. It typically happens that few fixes are done after the last beta and before release.

I surely hope not, I've been detecting issues with non translatable strings popping up. Not the case that the string doesn't yet exist on the translation file, but cases where even putting the string there won't translate it. The most obvious one is on navigate main screen, "categories", "favorites" and "pick up" are broken. Those are major regressions :(

Please contact Orit for all translation issues (translations@waze.com or orit@waze.com)
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:On my commute this morning, I was not running in navigation mode, but went through twointersections with red light cameras, but neither red light camera triggered an alert. In both cases, the red light cameras did appear on the map.

Permalinks of cameras locations?
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby perlin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:28 pm

scarlogarcia wrote:Perlin, some of your old comercial releases had english as language option for navigation. Since you launched the TTS in Brazil we lost that option and we can only use portuguese.

I was looking forward to have that english option back again but it seems to keep as it is. The absence of language options is problematic for navigation in Brazilian's borders where all neighbours are spanish speakers. Anyone nows how small countries as Denmark or Belgium, for example, handle with such peculiarity?

Please contact Orit for that issue (orit@waze.com)
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing