iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Postby seriousarsonist » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Been having some more issues with network connectivity again today, dropped network and didn't recover even though I didn't lose 3G connectivity. Logs sent as of now
Image Image Image
UK Champ and Area Manager for the North of the Island of Ireland Image Image

Comber WX: What the weather is like where I edit
seriousarsonist

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Could someone please let us know when the on route event filtering is put in place on the server? Thanks.

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:16 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Could someone please let us know when the on route event filtering is put in place on the server? Thanks.

+1
Image Image Image

seriousarsonist

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:26 pm

I am disappointed that the popup event no longer have the distance to that event included in the text. I would like to see this information added back in. It can be very small, right after the number of minutes posted would be a fine place and wouldn't take up any more vertical space on the screen.

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:43 pm

I'd quite like the 'on route only'/'distance' for the alert pop-ups to work...
Image Image Image

seriousarsonist

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:22 pm

More complaints about the pop-up notifications when stopped.

#1 City with no road information is useless. These should never pop up. There is no point and serve to make the users mad. They has posted this frustration anger repeatedly in the forums.

Image Image

#2 A pop-up with no street is bad enough. But a pop-up with no street and no city? This should absolutely never appear in the app. Never ever never ever.

#3 Popups should resize automatically either in window size or font size to actually include all the information necessary. Having the text truncated serves to make this popup, like the ones above, pretty much useless as the important information is missing and not available.

#4 "Are you going home/work?" popup when I am already there. Clearly, I am really, really close to home. Waze should NOT prompt me to drive home when I am already there. A minimum radius needs to be set, perhaps a 1/4 mile or 1/2 mile or so, where this popup is suppressed.

AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 pm

Facebook picture icons: I don't have too many friends who allow their facebook picture to appear, but I don't recall ever seeing this icon like this on the map before. Maybe I'm just not paying attention, or no one I know allows their picture to be shown

I don't think it's a great use of screen space because there are two icons for a single Wazer: their mood icon plus their fb picture. Can we just have the fb icon?

AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm sure it's already too late to ask this, but it would be really nice if the sharing features could be more persistent than they are today.

Simply said, the sharing and the orange wazer should remain valid until an explicit turn-off of the client via menu or kill, or some kind of stop-sharing new menu.

At the moment the sharing gets killed quite easily as soon as I press the iPhone home button and open some other application that starves the memory and makes iOS kill Waze, which is quite easy to happen if the Geocaching and Safari+Gmaps is used.

When that happens, Waze asks me to restart the route, but won't reenable the sharing. And obviously no one is gonna send a share request everytime this happens.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ & Coordinator for Portugal | iPhone Beta
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:25 pm

an add to Alanoftheberg's post, when you are nearing your destination when navigating and you get the black top bar appear, you have to tap the stop navigation icon twice to make it disappear, surely this would be better as a single tap...

also when I've opened the menu to pick a navigation destination, the app quite often pops up an automatic 'are you driving to' popup, which is invariably not where I am going to, surely all popups should be suppressed in the client while there is a menu open? this happens before I start moving as well as when I am.

Now a personal one, the send button for petrol prices, would it not be better placed bottom center of the window after the prices have been changed, as in the same position as 'are these prices correct yes/no'. and while on the petrol price thing, the next button is stupidly hard to tap in a moving car even if you are a passenger, it's just way to small and probably not needed anyway as you can tap the fuel type.

thanks for listening
Pip
Image Image Image

seriousarsonist

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:44 pm

seriousarsonist wrote:an add to Alanoftheberg's post, when you are nearing your destination when navigating and you get the black top bar appear, you have to tap the stop navigation icon twice to make it disappear, surely this would be better as a single tap...

Well... there is a reason two taps on Stop are needed. 1st: to stop navigation so that you don't get constant reroutes and other noise when close to destination and you might be snaking through a parking lot, etc. Once you arrive at your location, though, you still may want to drop the parking pin and/or notify friends, etc. It's convenient for that bar to remain in place. That is, at least, what I believe is the reasoning here. I'm not sure I 100% agree with it, but I understand it.

seriousarsonist wrote:Now a personal one, the send button for petrol prices, would it not be better placed bottom center of the window after the prices have been changed, as in the same position as 'are these prices correct yes/no'. and while on the petrol price thing, the next button is stupidly hard to tap in a moving car even if you are a passenger, it's just way to small and probably not needed anyway as you can tap the fuel type.

You can tap the fuel type, but as soon as you start typing, the usual "passenger/OK" box will come up. If you've dismissed this message in the past during the current driving session, the passenger/OK box won't appear here. But it will appear anywhere, anytime you try to type while moving, regardless of whether it's a map issue post, hazard, or fuel price. It's a standard feature of the app.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing