iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:25 pm

an add to Alanoftheberg's post, when you are nearing your destination when navigating and you get the black top bar appear, you have to tap the stop navigation icon twice to make it disappear, surely this would be better as a single tap...

also when I've opened the menu to pick a navigation destination, the app quite often pops up an automatic 'are you driving to' popup, which is invariably not where I am going to, surely all popups should be suppressed in the client while there is a menu open? this happens before I start moving as well as when I am.

Now a personal one, the send button for petrol prices, would it not be better placed bottom center of the window after the prices have been changed, as in the same position as 'are these prices correct yes/no'. and while on the petrol price thing, the next button is stupidly hard to tap in a moving car even if you are a passenger, it's just way to small and probably not needed anyway as you can tap the fuel type.

thanks for listening
Pip
Level 5 Area Manager for Northern Ireland. WME and App Beta Tester.
seriousarsonist
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:57 pm

You can tap the fuel type, but as soon as you start typing, the usual "passenger/OK" box will come up. If you've dismissed this message in the past during the current driving session, the passenger/OK box won't appear here. But it will appear anywhere, anytime you try to type while moving, regardless of whether it's a map issue post, hazard, or fuel price. It's a standard feature of the app.[/quote]

Hi Alan

I get that, especially with it being a safety feature and it wasn't quite what I was getting at. When you are inputting the prices after dismissing the 'passenger' box, the next button on top of the keypad is tiny and impossible to tap in a moving car even if you are a passenger. removing it would be more sensible as you can just tap the next fuel type to input the price. The send button top right would just make more sense aesthetically and probably ergonomically if it was moved to the bottom center of the fuel price box once you have input the price change.
seriousarsonist
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby seriousarsonist » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
seriousarsonist wrote:I get that, especially with it being a safety feature and it wasn't quite what I was getting at. When you are inputting the prices after dismissing the 'passenger' box, the next button on top of the keypad is tiny and impossible to tap in a moving car even if you are a passenger.

Hmmm.... Maybe I'm not familiar with that small button. What happens to me, that I recall is: 1. I tap "No", 2. Tap "passenger", 3. Tap "No" and the cursor moves to the first fuel type to update.

I admit it has been a while since I have had to do this, so in the beta, maybe the procedure has changed?

See pic, there's also a not offered...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357858433.806442.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357858433.806442.jpg (96.75 KiB) Viewed 2108 times

NI area manager

Waze Beta - iPhone 4s iOS 6.0.1 not jail broken
seriousarsonist
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby top_gun_de » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:50 pm

When I open Testflight, I get the older .998, is this on purpose?

I could install .999 via your link, though. No jailbreak required.

Best regards,

Detlev
AM Region Hannover, CM Deutschland (Germany), Coordinator Germany, Global Champ

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby top_gun_de » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 pm

How do I activate it?

The rating form in the mail leads to the rating for .998.

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby top_gun_de » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Unfixed in 999:

- While not in navigation mode, the left menue shows 6 options instead of 9
- German TTS is way too silent and badly usable on freeways. English TTS is much louder.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing