iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Postby Dave2084 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 am

Just tried to do do a pickup, sent the request, it was received and acknowledged.

Sadly the person I was picking up never got told I was driving and Waze tried to send me to the wrong location 2 miles from where he actually was.

In this screenshot is was parked a the pickup point yet apparently I'm 2 miles away:

Debug mode logs uploaded a moment ago.
iPhone 4S 32GB (Jailed) • iOS 7.1.0 • Waze 3.7.9.922 Beta
Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester • iPhone Expert
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: iOS beta 3.5.1.999 feedback thread

Postby davipt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:48 pm

On the navigation screen, "Categories", "Favorites" and "Pick Up" buttons are not translatable anymore. The v998 already had "Pick Up" untranslatable.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:22 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I really don't think there's much point to us testing this. By the version #, I would bet this has been sent to Apple already for release as v3.5.2. It typically happens that few fixes are done after the last beta and before release.

I surely hope not, I've been detecting issues with non translatable strings popping up. Not the case that the string doesn't yet exist on the translation file, but cases where even putting the string there won't translate it. The most obvious one is on navigate main screen, "categories", "favorites" and "pick up" are broken. Those are major regressions :(
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:50 pm

another translation bug:

when the client starts and shows in the bottom, between the two buttons, the black box with "x wazers nearby\ny alerts", it also says "friends now online", but there is no translation for "1 friend now online", so I see the ugly "1 friend*S* now online". There is plenty of cases where there's already a different string for 1 and !=1 items, so please don't forget this one!

- √√ Map middle box randomly when friends are driving (says 1 amigos...)
friends now online=amigos a conduzir

IMG_4932.jpg
IMG_4932.jpg (54.78 KiB) Viewed 849 times
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:37 pm

while at it, here's a list of missing strings:

Strings I see on screen but can't be translated and/or I can't understand the original string:

Code: Select all
- √√ Navigate->Categories button and dialogue title
Categories=Categorias
- √√ Navigate->Favorites button and dialogue title
Favorites=Favoritos
- √√ Meetup->third icon; beta 3.5.1.9xx Navigate->Pick Up button and dialogue title
Pick Up=Boleia

- ## [MISSING DOESN'T WORK] pickup email subject (with dot)
I want to drive to you. Send me your location.=@@!Vou ter contigo. Diz-me onde estás.
- ## [MISSING DOESN'T WORK] Settings->Account->Profile
Replace these credentials with another username and password to log into other accounts.=@@!Replace these credentials with another username and password to log into other accounts.
Changing accounts will also disconnect from Facebook.=@@!Changing accounts will also disconnect from Facebook.
Replace these credentials with another username and password to log into other accounts.%nChanging accounts will also disconnect from Facebook.=@@!Replace these credentials with another username and pas
sword to log into other accounts.%nChanging accounts will also disconnect from Facebook.

Strings working but missing:
Code: Select all
- ## [MISSING OK] Wazer -> specials dialogue title, align with list item
My Specials=@Vales
- ## [MISSING OK] Settings->Facebook share Drive Summary. Dup with "summary at the bginning"
Share your destination, ETA and route summary and the beginning of every drive.=@Divulgar o destino, ETA e sumário do percurso no início de cada condução.
- ## [MISSING OK] spinner disconnecting foursquare
Disconnecting foursquare...=@A desligar do Foursquare…
- ## [MISSING OK] Foursquare, connect dialogue title ("Ligar Foursquare" doesn't fit)
Connect to foursquare=@Ligar ao 4SQ
- ## [MISSING OK] spinner disconnecting twitter
Disconnecting twitter...=@A desligar do Twitter…
- ## [MISSING OK] Share->Location->Destination email subject and body (on my way to <name>), use "de: " to cover masculine/feminine/neutral cases)
I'm on my way to=@Estou a caminho de:
- ## [MISSING OK] Share->Location->Destination body
I'll be there at=@Estarei lá por volta das
- ## [MISSING OK] Share->Location->Origin SMS (see "here w/ Waze"); SMS (O local chama-se: xxx. Conduz até lá...) when selecting a random segment on the map.
Drive here with Waze:=@Conduz até lá com o Waze:
- ## [MISSING OK] Share->Location->Destination
Drive there with Waze:=@@Conduz até lá com o Waze:
- ## [MISSING OK SIMILAR Thanks!] Gas prices, thanks after submitting prices
Your price will be posted once confirmed with other Wazers.=@O preço será publicado assim que seja confirmado por mais Wazers.
- ## [MISSING OK SIMILAR COLON] Pickup SMS
Hi, I want to drive to you. Use this link to send me your location, and watch as I arrive:=@Olá, vou ter contigo. Abre este link para me dizeres onde estás e veres quando é que eu chego:
- ## [MISSING OK] pickup email first line (with dot)
Hi, I want to drive to you.=@Olá, vou ter contigo.
- ## [MISSING DUP DOT] Pickup email second line
Click the link below to share your location with me.=@Usa o link abaixo para partilhares a tua localização comigo.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Dave2084 wrote:The thing is when navigating Landscape is 2x4=8 and Portrait mode is 3x3=9, so why is it 3x2=6 for both when not navigating. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I got confused with all the numbers, but what he means, and is right, is that albeit it was mentioned that the "dialogue doesn't grow to keep the same size", but when when navigation is on, the dialogue does indeed grow, which is a conflict.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 pm

perlin wrote:
davipt wrote:...I've been detecting issues with non translatable strings popping up. ... The most obvious one is on navigate main screen, "categories", "favorites" and "pick up" are broken. Those are major regressions :(

Please contact Orit for all translation issues (translations@waze.com or orit@waze.com)

This has nothing directly to do with translations files and Orit IMHO, but with the code of the client. Those three icons have text that is on the translations file (those three cases have always been there) but doesn't get translated on screen. It kind of feels like someone forgot to write the NSLocalizedString(string) or equivalent on the code. (The other missing strings I've been discussing with Orit already.)

Before 999, the new "Pick Up" button appeared and was untranslatable. "Pick Up" is on the translation, and the string works on the non beta client.
On 999 it got worse as "Categories" and "Favorites" also stopped being translatable. Those two strings are use in other places and are also working.

IMG_4947.jpg
IMG_4947.jpg (32.77 KiB) Viewed 815 times
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm sure it's already too late to ask this, but it would be really nice if the sharing features could be more persistent than they are today.

Simply said, the sharing and the orange wazer should remain valid until an explicit turn-off of the client via menu or kill, or some kind of stop-sharing new menu.

At the moment the sharing gets killed quite easily as soon as I press the iPhone home button and open some other application that starves the memory and makes iOS kill Waze, which is quite easy to happen if the Geocaching and Safari+Gmaps is used.

When that happens, Waze asks me to restart the route, but won't reenable the sharing. And obviously no one is gonna send a share request everytime this happens.
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:58 pm

seriousarsonist wrote:See pic, there's also a not offered...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357858433.806442.jpg

Just click on the next price input box. As far as I know those buttons over the keyboard can't be much taller :(
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:29 pm

When I opened this beta for the first time this morning, I got about 30 seconds of splash screen and then it shut down. When I reopened, everything seemed normal, but when the screen came up asking me to rate the app, it was frozen for about a minute. Then everything operated normally. It never asked me to send logs.

I sent logs manually just now at 16:29 UTC. When I opened the app, the annoying "Rate Us" screen came up again and it took about 15 seconds for it to respond to the Skip button.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:On my commute this morning, I was not running in navigation mode, but went through twointersections with red light cameras, but neither red light camera triggered an alert. In both cases, the red light cameras did appear on the map.

I noticed this over the weekend (so that would be the previous beta). Did they ever alert if you weren't in navigation mode? I don't encounter RLCs on a daily basis.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing