Android beta 3.5.99.904 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.5.3.904 feedback thread

Postby autourdupc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:30 am

menu -> gas -> map -> tap on any -> That ok and display info
Tap on another -> All disapear from the map !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby porubcan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:15 am

perlin wrote:1. Map changes
Tilted reports: reports on the map are tilted to the direction of the road
that's great. are you considering to have possibility to report event for both directions? e.g. weather is mostly the same for both lanes?
Navigation line: new navigation line, displays road labels with names of streets on the route.
first impression on labels: ugly. both day/night mode. few comments: street label should not overlay city name. city name is more important information than street name, mainly in smaller villages. also street label should not overlay junction (street crossing) as it might overlay turn maneuver.
another question: when we will have road shields available in Slovakia? or what actions we should take in order to get them? I see UK's got it, so it should be possible on INTL, right?
Less street names on the map: map is "cleaner", street names are shown only for roads you cross + city names.
Exception: when panning the map, all street names are shown.
great in rural areas (now it won't happen that we see street name but no city name), in cities it would be fine to have at least major roads named (e.g. primary street and higher).
PS In rural we should consider showing names of minor highways and higher. PS road shield would fit this perfectly.
5. Hazard alert popups display the type of hazard
great, I just haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to this function
6. New suggested-route popups: displays only "Yes/No" when asked if you want to drive somewhere (work/home)
Nice
7. New moods: cat and dog
what about special moods for editors (announced here on forum with regards to scoreboard changes)?
8. Mute: mutes all sounds (including popup alerts)
Huge dislike. I was pretty happy to have navigation instructions muted and still got audible alert for reports, please give users option to set it the way user prefer (somewhere in Sounds menu)
9. Events on route: under "Events radius" you can select "On route only" (it's finally working server-side).
haven' tested, but happy it should work now

other things:
installation without problems, settings preserved.

Gas prices
1. We still miss address when reporting gas prices (INTL), any news regarding this announced enhancement? it would be helpful to have address in search results too.
it would be also helpful to revise how information given in GS landmarks are used, please refer to this old post
2. It would be nice if confirmation window after prices were reported gets time countdown for auto closure (e.g. 10 seconds) - this was asked several times in past.
3. In previous version after you reported prices there were two ways to close the confirmation window with different behavior - tapping X = return to map, tapping back (phone's button) = return to nearby GS list. I really liked it that way. now both act same way - return to nearby GS list so you are not able to return to map on 1 tap.

Old bugs/issues still not fixed (probably I'm not able to remember all of previously reported issues, but I still see some present):
1. Tapping "Nearby wazer" icon will take screen to GPS position of 0/0
2. First start of new client (first run after upgrading) - Settings for Gas Stations & Prices missing in Settings menu. after 2nd start of new version - it is ok.
3. I still do not like small menus on big screen which require scrolling. isn't there any way to adjust visual for bigger screens (like on my 4.7" OneX)? there is plenty of space on the screen for menu.
4. splashscreen sometimes resized incorrectly.
5. wazer's popup (after tapping wazer on map) behave differently than all other popups (e.g. not closing on phone's back button) - I consider this inconsistent behavior which should be unified.
6. information about last connection of friend is mismatched (shows too old values, like month or so, even I've seen them online today morning)
7. menu -> gas -> map -> tap on any -> do not tap info icon (extremly small and poorly visible due to low contrast color), but elsewhere = all GS pins dissapear
8. "near you now" window is too small, almost not noticable. it was much better in 3.5.1 and older versions.
Last edited by porubcan on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 15 times in total.
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby MagicOfLA » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:10 am

Installation over the old version ok.
Fist hour if driving also without any problem.
Love the tilted reports :).

One minor design flaw ('twas already in the last official) - petrol station list (when reporting) vertically misaligned.
MagicOfLA
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby autourdupc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:09 am

Concerning event radius, I think you should change the settings.
According to the picture I made, as you can see, the radius is not dependent on the "Event on my route".
I can have the choice to receive events at a defined radius, even if I select or not thoses on my route.
Note also that 5 km is too much in a city. 5 km is sometime bigger than the city. That mean I will receive events I don't care of.
I think a 2 km radius would be a great improvement for all of the users.
Screenshot_2013-02-01-08-00-23.png
(32.43 KiB) Downloaded 1341 times
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:59 am

Still have the Welcome screen sometime correctly sized, and other time expanded vertically !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:57 am

This build seem to be faster in overall process...
Concerning gas prices, can we imagine a more "standard" windows with "Close" button like this ?
(and of course, this apply to all Windows / Pop-up).
Screenshot_2012-12-05-12-54-53.png
(49.99 KiB) Downloaded 1206 times
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Wajo357 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 am

Ok.. I still need a lot more time on this build, but after my commute home, here are my initial thoughts:

1) New Navigation Line - Needs work. It looks amateurish, especially when you show the same road name twice. Maybe just bold the old street name on for the commute or make it a different color? Have this purple one AND the regular name, looks bad.

2) Less street names... it does look a lot emptier now. I need time to get used to it.

3) I have no idea what the inbox is used for. How does this benefit my drive? I really hope this isn't a 'fluff' feature.

4) 'Events on Route' - On one hand, I like seeing all of the events in my area, but at the same time I care more about the events on my route. Can we somehow, graphically, differentiate the 2? Maybe have the events on route have a thick graphical border, or have events not on the route have a more matte/grey tone? I think that would be a cleaner look.

5) The screen feels really empty now, which isn't horrible; especially if it is going to make me focus on the road more... lol.

On one of the previous betas, there was a non-functional report button for a roadblock. Has that feature been dropped altogether? I would have thought that would have been developed by now since we saw that button a while ago.
Wajo357

Postby float » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:52 am

Love the build!

One thing i notice (since last release), my friends are "Last connected one month ago", i am sure they just connected recently.
float

Postby skbun » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:12 am

I'll give more specific feedback later, but in general, I'm really liking the cleaner drive and the 'Are you driving to...?' boxes, and same with the new report icons and look. These things overall seem like improvements to me.

Of course we'll always find problems one way or another, but thank you for returning to the core of the app and making it great, and thank you for the hard work!
skbun

Postby fotrik » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:42 pm

You forgot to tell that the road labels on the route are shown only in 3D mode. What about 2D?

Still strange numbers of where My Friends were last connected, 1-2 months or even no time by some of them I met 2 days ago with Waze.

Nice new dog and cat moods. :) But when I select any mood, client goes back to bronze mood I got for this week on the next start.
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing