Android beta 3.5.99.904 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.5.3.904 feedback thread

Postby stuffhappens » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi folks,

There's some nice enhancements to the overall look and feel, but also a few issues:

1) Waze still doesn't retain the user preference of miles (vs Km) between updates - this must be a simple fix.

2) On a couple of occasions, this version has told me it cannot log in to my Facebook account - but I don't have a Facebook account and haven't entered any details for one.

3) As others have mentioned, please scale the menus on larger screens - they are crazy small on my 5.3" Note and Xoom tablet.

4) When a user report pops up and you press 'thanks' that should be enough to make it disappear - there should be no need to do another action to close it.

5) Pop-ups for incidents well behind the direction of travel are still appearing.

6) Incident pop-ups have appeared a couple of times when moving - once at 60mph, so not even close to stopped. That time was about 5 secs after coming out of a tunnel so could it have been related to lack/restoration of GPS lock confusing the speed calculation?

7) The new street name icons are sometimes a bit out of position - I'll grab a screen cap later.

Thanks for changing 'car stopped' to 'vehicle stopped'. Any chance of adding 'hazard on road...flood' and '...snow/ice'
Area Manager: W.Sussex UK
Phone 1: Sony Xperia Z OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted
Phone 2: Samsung Galaxy Note. OS: ICS 4.0.4, rooted. Speedmod kernel K3-15
Tablet: Motorola Xoom. OS: JB 4.1.2, Stock/rooted

stuffhappens

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.3.904 feedback thread

Postby stuffhappens » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:14 pm

davipt wrote:
fotrik wrote:
xteejx wrote:Pickup should not be in the navigate menu. It should be clearly visible in the main menu, especially since Waze is a social app.

No! I still hope that Waze is a navigation app with traffic informations primarily with some additional social features.

+1

Maybe one day when social features (*) works as good as the navigation one could think about reshuffling the menus.

(*) On my personal usage I don't pick up people, the feature where multiple wazers goes to the same place never worked good enough, and I can't use the share route/destination with other people because every time I put waze into the background and open another app, my iOS most probably kills waze and the other guy looses access to the sharing on their browser :(

Wouldn't it be great if you could select/move the icons to build your own custom menu , or you could select your menu type from, say: Driver, Socializer or custom.

stuffhappens

Re: Android beta 3.5.99.904 feedback thread

Postby stuffhappens » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Perlin - I saw your reply to my comments - will come back with some answers where possible.

stuffhappens

Postby Suik » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:58 am

khaytsus wrote:I'm not seeing ANY reports from ANYWHERE. I have it set to 5 miles, but I haven't seen a report yet on this beta.

I experience much less reports displayed regardless whether setting is my route only or 5 km. What I also registered is that reports, which were appearing at red light stop are not appearing anymore. I.e. when a popup is displayed, it can be hidden either by the "X" at top right corner, or you have to wait for the countdown. It simply doesn't disappear after the car starts to move on green light.

- I also experience the "show-on-map-not-showing-map-bug" :).
- The -1 wazer near you is also still there.
- Plus after the first run, the only option for Guidance language was English, Hebrew and Chinese (I think).
- The "Beep" does not seem to work. At least not b/w this beta and last official android release.

The rest is quite fine. It was a clean install.

EDIT: when sending multiple private messages, they arrive at random order and with random time gap.

EDIT2:
Could you change the behaviour of the "FB friends online" pop up? Now it can be closed only either via small "x" or wait for the countdown. This popup appears randomly while driving and the countdown is something like 15 or 18 seconds, which is pretty much. As while driving it is not safe to hit the tiny "x", optimal would be if that popup would disappear after reaching e.g. 40km/h (25mp/h).
BA-SVK & surroundings AreaManager, Soc. Med. XP
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V Exception+HTC One S, stock Android 4.0.4, waze 3.6.0.0
FB pg: Waze Slovensko / Twitter: @waze_slovensko / G+: Waze Slovensko
Suik

Postby Suik » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:04 pm

perlin wrote:2. Integration with FB events: when replying "Attending/Maybe" to an FB events, it will automatically integrate with waze and will be added to the navigate screen (12 hours before the event starts). When selecting the event you are requested to verify its address. 2 hours before the event starts, a message will pop, asking you if you want to drive there.

testing this today on a "private" FB event with me as the only attendant. So far the navigate screen has not been updated (12hrs before), waiting if at least the pop up comes 2hrs prior start.

Or does this work only if I am not the creator of the event, only participant who clicks on attending/maybe?
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V Exception+HTC One S, stock Android 4.0.4, waze 3.6.0.0
Suik

Postby Suik » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 pm

perlin wrote:
Wajo357 wrote:I have no idea what the inbox is used for. How does this benefit my drive? I really hope this isn't a 'fluff' feature.

It gives you the options to: (1) receive messages that are sent to you by other users during/after login-off + replying to them (2) receive messages from our end

I received a message sent during my logoff directly at next startup. It was not sitting in Inbox waiting to be read :)

Logs sent approx. 21 hrs ago since this post :)
Suik

Postby Superfraggle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:37 am

Mute Mode: Assuming I am not missing something, I would like something I can switch on or off whilst driving easily, not having to go to options.
ImageImage
Superfraggle
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby sushifishpirate » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Accidentally posted this in the iOS beta:

Galaxy Nexus still crashing when you open the Scoreboard.
sushifishpirate

Postby SwedishBadger » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:28 pm

Just installed, too bad I dident get it two days ago since I just came home from a 1192.8 trip with Waze running for 95% of the trip. I parked on my driveway when the beta email came... :D

Few hours on the road tomorrow also tho so I'll make sure to test it. :)
SwedishBadger

Sv: Android beta 3.5.99.904 feedback thread

Postby SwedishBadger » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Still as you can see in picture and also crashes when searching if you spell Billund instead of Bilund as it should be... :) logs uploaded four minutes ago.

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1359918449444.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1359918449444.jpg (50.37 KiB) Viewed 511 times
SwedishBadger

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing