perlin wrote:1. Map changes
Tilted reports: reports on the map are tilted to the direction of the road
that's great. are you considering to have possibility to report event for both directions? e.g. weather is mostly the same for both lanes?
Navigation line: new navigation line, displays road labels with names of streets on the route.
first impression on labels: ugly. both day/night mode. few comments: street label should not overlay city name. city name is more important information than street name, mainly in smaller villages. also street label should not overlay junction (street crossing) as it might overlay turn maneuver.
another question: when we will have road shields available in Slovakia? or what actions we should take in order to get them? I see UK's got it, so it should be possible on INTL, right?
Less street names on the map: map is "cleaner", street names are shown only for roads you cross + city names.
Exception: when panning the map, all street names are shown.
great in rural areas (now it won't happen that we see street name but no city name), in cities it would be fine to have at least major roads named (e.g. primary street and higher).
PS In rural we should consider showing names of minor highways and higher. PS road shield would fit this perfectly.
5. Hazard alert popups display the type of hazard
great, I just haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to this function
6. New suggested-route popups: displays only "Yes/No" when asked if you want to drive somewhere (work/home)
7. New moods: cat and dog
what about special moods for editors (announced here
on forum with regards to scoreboard changes)?
8. Mute: mutes all sounds (including popup alerts)
. I was pretty happy to have navigation instructions muted and still got audible alert for reports, please give users option to set it the way user prefer (somewhere in Sounds menu)
9. Events on route: under "Events radius" you can select "On route only" (it's finally working server-side).
haven' tested, but happy it should work now
installation without problems, settings preserved.Gas prices
1. We still miss address when reporting gas prices (INTL), any news regarding this announced enhancement? it would be helpful to have address in search results too.
it would be also helpful to revise how information given in GS landmarks are used, please refer to this old post
2. It would be nice if confirmation window after prices were reported gets time countdown for auto closure (e.g. 10 seconds) - this was asked several times in past.
3. In previous version after you reported prices there were two ways to close the confirmation window with different behavior - tapping X = return to map, tapping back (phone's button) = return to nearby GS list. I really liked it that way. now both act same way - return to nearby GS list so you are not able to return to map on 1 tap.Old bugs/issues still not fixed
(probably I'm not able to remember all of previously reported issues, but I still see some present):
1. Tapping "Nearby wazer" icon will take screen to GPS position of 0/0
2. First start of new client (first run after upgrading) - Settings for Gas Stations & Prices missing in Settings menu. after 2nd start of new version - it is ok.
3. I still do not like small menus on big screen which require scrolling. isn't there any way to adjust visual for bigger screens (like on my 4.7" OneX)? there is plenty of space on the screen for menu.
4. splashscreen sometimes resized incorrectly.
5. wazer's popup (after tapping wazer on map) behave differently than all other popups (e.g. not closing on phone's back button) - I consider this inconsistent behavior which should be unified.
6. information about last connection of friend is mismatched (shows too old values, like month or so, even I've seen them online today morning)
7. menu -> gas -> map -> tap on any -> do not tap info icon (extremly small and poorly visible due to low contrast color), but elsewhere = all GS pins dissapear
8. "near you now" window is too small, almost not noticable. it was much better in 3.5.1 and older versions.