Android beta 3.5.99.904 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.5.99.904 feedback thread

Postby ukume » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Tested in Spanish, HTC Desire S all is OK
ImageImage
County Manager España y Andorra.
Global Champ, Experto en Redes sociales de España, Beta Tester, Traductor.
ukume
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: Android beta 3.5.3.904 feedback thread

Postby Wajo357 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 am

Ok.. I still need a lot more time on this build, but after my commute home, here are my initial thoughts:

1) New Navigation Line - Needs work. It looks amateurish, especially when you show the same road name twice. Maybe just bold the old street name on for the commute or make it a different color? Have this purple one AND the regular name, looks bad.

2) Less street names... it does look a lot emptier now. I need time to get used to it.

3) I have no idea what the inbox is used for. How does this benefit my drive? I really hope this isn't a 'fluff' feature.

4) 'Events on Route' - On one hand, I like seeing all of the events in my area, but at the same time I care more about the events on my route. Can we somehow, graphically, differentiate the 2? Maybe have the events on route have a thick graphical border, or have events not on the route have a more matte/grey tone? I think that would be a cleaner look.

5) The screen feels really empty now, which isn't horrible; especially if it is going to make me focus on the road more... lol.

On one of the previous betas, there was a non-functional report button for a roadblock. Has that feature been dropped altogether? I would have thought that would have been developed by now since we saw that button a while ago.
Area Manager: New York / New Jersey (in USA)
Wajo357

Postby Wajo357 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:36 am

I've seen police reports not on my route, when I specified events should only be on my route.
Wajo357

Postby Wajo357 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:41 am

perlin wrote:
Wajo357 wrote:'Events on Route' - On one hand, I like seeing all of the events in my area, but at the same time I care more about the events on my route. Can we somehow, graphically, differentiate the 2?

Events that on your route contain the wording "X min head on route"
Wajo357 wrote:On one of the previous betas, there was a non-functional report button for a roadblock. Has that feature been dropped altogether?

Not at all! We're almost finished working on that feature and it will be released in the next beta.

Yes, but while driving, I would like to see simply which events are for me and not the other side of the highway. I was thinking graying out all non-route events or bolding the borders for events on the route.
Wajo357

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 pm

I drove on "US Hwy 46" this morning, and the purple street name just said "46". Since this is not a shield, it should probably say the whole thing.
Wajo357

Postby wimdelange » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:09 am

Looks good and I love the color usage in the night mode.

BUT the colors for the labels in night mode (haven't seen day mode yet) are the same as the road color. So I had several times the idea, must I turn right already? The label is more clear then the line for the route and the following point makes the label better visible then the route.

Also on my HTC Sensation, the route is not very clear in the distance. I often used that information to decide on which lane I must drive, but (again in night mode) it is hard to see where the road is going. I guess the line becomes too small and the fact that an extra darker line drawn around the route makes it worse. But that extra line looks good where I drive. I would suggest to put some attention on the drawing of the route line for further away.
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby xteejx » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:22 pm

When navigating to a photo spot it seems as if the latitude and longtitude are the wrong way round when passing the details to waze. These details are coming directly from google now results for the photo spots in the area.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
xteejx

Postby xteejx » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:15 am

Pickup should not be in the navigate menu. It should be clearly visible in the main menu, especially since Waze is a social app.

xteejx

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.3.904 feedback thread

Postby xteejx » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:38 pm

perlin wrote:
xteejx wrote:When navigating to a photo spot it seems as if the latitude and longtitude are the wrong way round when passing the details to waze. These details are coming directly from google now results for the photo spots in the area.

Sorry? Not following :?

On newer Android phones, there is Google Now, similar to Siri on the iPhone. If you tap the box to view cards (this is a feature of Google Now) one of those cards shows nearby interesting places.
When clicking one of these, I choose Waze to navigate to one but it doesn't parse the latitude and longitude correctly.

Basically, latitude and longitude from certain links from other apps are formatted incorrectly or are parsed incorrectly by the Waze app resulting in reversed lat/long which gives a destination in the middle of an ocean.

xteejx

Re: Re: Android beta 3.5.99.904 feedback thread

Postby xteejx » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:14 pm

bedo2991 wrote:"Other" report balloons are empty, without any icon.

Already reported.

xteejx

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing