Ok.. I still need a lot more time on this build, but after my commute home, here are my initial thoughts:
1) New Navigation Line - Needs work. It looks amateurish, especially when you show the same road name twice. Maybe just bold the old street name on for the commute or make it a different color? Have this purple one AND the regular name, looks bad.
2) Less street names... it does look a lot emptier now. I need time to get used to it.
3) I have no idea what the inbox is used for. How does this benefit my drive? I really hope this isn't a 'fluff' feature.
4) 'Events on Route' - On one hand, I like seeing all of the events in my area, but at the same time I care more about the events on my route. Can we somehow, graphically, differentiate the 2? Maybe have the events on route have a thick graphical border, or have events not on the route have a more matte/grey tone? I think that would be a cleaner look.
5) The screen feels really empty now, which isn't horrible; especially if it is going to make me focus on the road more... lol.
On one of the previous betas, there was a non-functional report button for a roadblock. Has that feature been dropped altogether? I would have thought that would have been developed by now since we saw that button a while ago.
Area Manager: New York / New Jersey (in USA)