iOS beta 3.5.99.4 feedback thread

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS beta 3.5.99.4 feedback thread

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:53 pm

About the regression on routes with different start point, either it's fixed on the beta, or I can't reproduce it on an iPhone 4, or it's some bug related to GPS signal. Either way I can't reproduce it now on the beta so tomorrow I'll try again at the exact same conditions and place, side by side, and see how it goes.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:37 am

Did a big trip today with the beta and have some preliminary comments (it's late now):

- I saw the same behavior reported on the Android forum, where waze reports no-network when connected over GPRS or Edge. When I first saw the report on the forum, I thought to myself "it's just a stupid proxy on his network screwing up the non-3G traffic" but in my case I'm sure there is no proxy (at least none that screws stuff), as I've been "inside" for 11 years. Couldn't test it further because then 3G re-appeared and waze started working again. The behavior was waze not letting me report map problems stating "no network".

- I got some crashes when network was lost - but really lost. Most I didn't see any pattern, but some were happening like this: I assume I had map of the zone cached, as well as the geocaches. I'd go with my script to launch the waze://+lat+lon to pin point the next cache. Waze would scroll to that point, proving the road was cached, but sometimes it would crash right after showing the road bubble (like a long press on a segment), other time it crashes after I clicked on the arrow to navigate there.

- I'm still avoiding the sharing features until they are more resilient. I've shared my route (on facebook, but not relevant), and sometimes when I turn the screen off, go home, or almost everytime I switch to another app (geocache or safari), the sharing dies. First I thought it was waze being killed by iOS, but today I've noticed it wasn't just that. When iOS kills waze, waze restarts with the "continue navigation". But today I saw the case where I'd restart waze, the route was still untouched, but the orange sharing icon was gone. Please keep the sharing enabled on the other people until I explicitly stop the client or stop sharing. :(

- has been reported already, but happened also to me: stop at the gas station, get the popup, prices are n/a, when the prices are updated by me almost every day and there is no other gas station nearby to confuse the system.

- the report->gas stations has a very narrow radius. On the freeway in Portugal we have big billboards with the prices of gasoline 95 and diesel for the next 3 or 4 stations, the first one being usually 2km away (and then every 50km). report->gas was always telling me no-stations-nearby, even when I was just some hundred meters from it. It does surely work when below 100m of the landmark.

I've uploaded my logs now, but can't be sure of the time of each event, as it was an almost whole day drive from around 11GMT to 22GMT.
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby davipt » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:55 pm

Today I noticed an issue but I think it happened before.

With waze running and playing via bluetooth (only waze, not music), I get a call.

First, the call seems to not be routed to the bluetooth, and I need to manually select it. I think this wasn't supposed to happen.

But then after the call ends and waze appears again, waze doesn't play the TTS over bluetooth (or the speaker) anymore. On the other hand, when I go report an issue, I hear the tick-tick of the keys over the bluetooth, which is even more weird.

When the iPhone connects to my car, I see on the car display "call from 0000". The TTS stuff never arrives into the car. The tick tick does appear.

Disabling bluetooth on the setting menu and reconnecting to the car solves the issue - without restarting waze.

Unfortunately I can't see myself anything meaningful on the logs about this. :(
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby dragstor » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:41 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Got a pleasant surprise just now. It looks like the Inbox problems have been fixed for now. My Waze app has a (13) badge on it, and my inbox is full of previously received private messages.

In addition, it looks like map issues resolutions are now flowing into the Inbox. I've never seen this before! It appears there is still some work to do as "null" shouldn't appear. As well, it would be nice if the top graphic was real and not the same for everyone. It's got nothing to do with the issues I reported.

Wow, this is great :)
ImageSerbian Country Manager and Coordinator • Translator • Beta Tester

Waze Serbia on Facebook
Waze Serbia on G+

Image dragstor
Image waze.srbija
dragstor

Postby milkyway35 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 pm

On iPad iOS 5.1.1, Road closure do not work.

I only have the windows with later Button and continue Button is grey. With light blue background in full screen. Will try again tomorrow.

And 'More' Button have no icon when search for a destination.
Country Manager France / Area Manager - Rennes, Brittany, France
Resolved UR: 4K+
Waze France sur Facebook
Waze France sur Twitter (Nouveau compte)
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby milkyway35 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:56 am

milkyway35 wrote:On iPad iOS 5.1.1, Road closure do not work.

I only have the windows with later Button and continue Button is grey. With light blue background in full screen. Will try again tomorrow.

And 'More' Button have no icon when search for a destination.

With picture :
photo 1.PNG
photo 1.PNG (44.59 KiB) Viewed 991 times

back on road report after press 'later' button
photo 2.PNG
photo 2.PNG (33.26 KiB) Viewed 991 times
Waze France sur Facebook
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby milkyway35 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 am

For your information, "Road closure" is enabled on release 3.5.3.0
Waze France sur Facebook
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby milkyway35 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Actually, no closure Button on release, neither on beta
Waze France sur Facebook
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

iOS beta 3.5.99.4 feedback thread

Postby npv1459 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:40 pm

I DON'T know if this is a bug.. When I started waze this message pop ups.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360330707.409158.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360330707.409158.jpg (34.3 KiB) Viewed 957 times

as you can see, i have the 3G and data connection.. After a couple of restart client back to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See my area Here
npv1459

Postby npv1459 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:14 pm

xirurg58 wrote:Share my location - doesn't work. Icons are not clickable.

Work for me!!

xirurg58 wrote:Also there is a constant bug with timing in friends list - all friends that connected more than several hours ago are shown as month ago.

Point out also in the previous beta version.
See my area Here
npv1459

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing